Light Blade

What did you REALLY think of MLP Movie?

What do you REALLY think of the Movie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you REALLY think of the Movie?

• BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
    • Not flawless, but still great!
    • ...meh.
    • Sorry, but it was rather bad.
    • One of the worst things ever happened to MLP:FiM!

I thought it was a pretty good adaptation/extension of the show in terms of style and plot. It reminded me a lot about the Starlight Glimmer "saga", regarding a betrayal and eventual redemption of the character, in this case Tempest.. I mean, Fizzlepop :P .

Of course it was cheesy as always with the whole "friendship is magic" theme of the show, but what would you expect?

Other miscellaneous details I liked:

-Mention of "hungry hungry hippos" made me lel.

-There was another reference made but I forgot.

Let's be serious, it's not an awesome movie. But I think we all agree that it's neither a shame.

The characters are pretty well introduced, but that's all what most of them will get for the whole movie. No time for discussions between duo of the mane 6, not time to give them something meaningful like in the show. The only non-Twilight pony of the mane 6 who is well developed is Pinkie. She's here to perform jokes, and the scenarist realized that it would be not truly Pinkie if she has not something serious to say, too.

I think the moment where she's arguing with Twilight... Could have been gave to Applejack, being disagree with friends is something very honest. I've always saw Applejack like one of the top wise of the mane 6, with Twilight. My dear Rainbow Dash, you're far last, especially in this movie

emote.RDlaugh.png

There is a lot of incoherence too, (tons of video talk about that so I won't add something).

But I watched this movie something like 10 times (including 4 in theater), I'm pretty sure I didn't watch a movie this much since I was 8 year old, and that all my parents owned was some disney that I watched in a loop for years.

It's always such a pleasure to watch it right now, that it's like my movie of the century, if I just compare the time I spend watching it or the enjoyment for each viewing. So. According to my feels and not my analysis, best movie EVER !

By considering as just a movie like anyone else, It's close to Meh.

I liked it, that sums it up.

I honestly think that they had too many things and had a problem of trying to balance things for new watchers and fans. There were so many cool new things introduced but nothing got enough screen time. Twilight got most of the screen time because she was the main character and Tempest because she was a main villain. Rest of Mane 6 had variable amount of scenes and the guest cast didn't really get to shine as there were so many of them.

If you are fan of the show it is great because  you already know and love Mane Six.  But as new watcher it is closer to meh because you don't get enough time to really get to know any character besides movie Twilight and Tempest.  

• Like 1

I liked the "You Got This" song in the beginning. Friends encouraging friends! And Tempest's backstory felt like a touching and plausible account of how a pony could turn against other ponies in the happy friendly world of Equestria.

Everything else was me silently begging the Mane 6 to just please stay in one place long enough for some plot to happen.

• Like 2

Not particularly special. The only thing that made it worth the theater ticket was Tempest Shadow. Otherwise, was something I'd find a stream of online.

Many of the songs fell flat, but overall it was a fun movie with a bit of emotion in the middle. I only saw it when the DVD release came out, so I didn't mind the cost. If I saw it in theaters it probably wouldn't have been worth the cost.

Equal with Don Bluth's best animated epics of the 1980s. My first viewing of MLP reminded me strongly of watching The Land Before Time as a little boy in the theater. This movie is going to be an animation classic.