WanderPony

MLP in your dreams

There were a couple other pony dream threads, but they appear to be dead, so I'll start a new one, if no one minds.

Here are four of mine that I had recently.

The first one I had a few days before the movie was released, and I dreamt about seeing it.

First thing to note is that this version of the film had a bunch of random curse words thrown in to help bump it up to a PG rating. It started out with Tempest, the Storm King, and Grubber walking through an icy cave. They looked up, and noticed a bunch of plants sprouting out of the cave's ceiling.

They cut the ceiling open, and down fell Captain Celaeno, who I guess has plant-growing powers in this version of the film. They interrogated her a bunch, before ripping off her lower mandible. It wasn't gory or anything, it was more like her beak was made of styrofoam. Then they froze her in a block of ice while mentioning how they also froze "that stupid sea serpent". They then pushed over another icy block that had what I think was Queen Novo, but it looked more like a hybrid of her and Princess Skystar.

We also saw the Storm King's lair, where he was holding a bunch of random ponies captive, including the fat pony from Canterlot Boutique. There was also a unicorn who kept ramming their horn into the fat pony's ass, and the latter was enjoying it.

The big plot twist? It turned out Tempest wasn't a pony at all, or at least originally a pony. She was a DOG.

Not a pony-world dog, like Winona. She was from the human world. Not the Equestria Girls world. OUR world. (Or at least, a world similar to our own, with normal-colored humans.)

It showed a flashback scene of dog!Tempest with her family, then the family at the vet saying that they lost their dog on a hiking trip after she ran into a cave. It then showed a sequence of the dog falling through a black void as she transformed.

The next pony dream occurred shortly after the leaks happened. I highly doubt I'll check out the leaked episodes until after they officially air, but in the dream I got curious and couldn't help myself.

One episode showed Cadance pregnant. I don't know if this was a flashback to before Flurry was born, or if she was having a second foal, but Shining was getting really impatient to see his new child. So what did Cadance do? She magically cut herself in half around the midsection, allowing Shining to play with the unborn foal.

The next episode I watched was (I think) a two-parter. In it, Spike was upset that the other ponies, and even Trixie and Starlight, were getting more attention than him. He went to talk about it with other characters, including characters from other works like Kristoff from Frozen and Rex from We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story.

Spike then came up with a plan: he would stage a disaster with somepony else, and then save them. Then he would finally be seen as a hero.

Spike and Pinkie Pie both went to an old abandoned barn to do this. Pinkie stood on a tightrope high up in the barn's rafters to act as the damsel in distress, while Spike acted as the villain, laughing evily as he lit the barn on fire, then immediately switched to the hero role to save Pinkie.

However, as he climbed high up, he slipped. We got a big long dramatic slow-mo shot as he fell, breaking through boards on the way down, before being caught and saved by Maud. 

Spike woke up in the hospital. He was badly injured, and this was played for much more drama than you'd expect from a TV-Y-rated cartoon.

Here's yet another MLP movie-related dream.

So, it started out with me watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, before my dad (who I haven't seen in over a decade, by the way) came to drive me someplace.

On the way there, he started singing "Time to be Awesome". I was surprised he knew the lyrics to that song, and began to sing along. Strangely enough, this version of the song contained the lyric "Free healthcare, but not in the communist way".

Also, Hasbro released a series of shorts detailing what happened to the movie characters before and during the events of the film. One short involved Capper in this really mountainous area filled with crevices. He came across a big crack in the side of a rocky wall, and inside the crack were two glowing red eyes and a deep demonic voice saying something like "You stare at me, and I just stare back".

In the short starring Captain Celaeno, she was shown with a completely different crew. I think most of them were recolors of that one fat pink female pirate.

There was also a deleted scene where the ponies ended up in the Klugetown bar, and there were these long-nosed elephant/aardvark creatures that the characters explicitly referred to as Arabs.

This last one had me reading through this artbook that was similar to The Art of Equestria and the movie artbook, except this was a sneak peek of G5.

There was one section dedicated entirely to dinosaurs, complete with Rainbow Dash gloating she could fly faster than a Microraptor. (Ironic, since Microraptor was a glider in real life, not a flyer, so even Fluttershy could probably outfly one if she wanted.)

Another section showed these magic bubbles that would give anything that popped them the ability to speak. In the dream, I felt this was redundant, as the ponies could talk already, but now that I'm awake, I wonder if that's how the ponies could talk in the first place.

Also, the revealed voice cast consisted of Roseanne Barr, Bob Newhart, and Mel Blanc.

So, anything you'd like to say about my dreams? And if not, do you have any pony-related dreams you'd like to share?

• Like 1

I once dreamt that I was lost in the woods and being attacked by mountain lion. And then, Princess Luna swooped in to save me.

Really ironic, considering her canon role in the dreams of ponies.

• Like 1