8492nd

Do you permanently not like Twi because of the movie and the recent seasons?

People constantly blame her stealing the pearl to be the moment that permanently changed her for the worse. Keeping on calling her OOC.

For me it's always been her control freak side doing that. Is that still OOC to you?

I relate to her most because of my paranoia, and that I won't let anyone taint my space, and I'm pretty intelligent.

And take into account of how people say she's not worth a second anymore because of her new character in the recent seasons.

In short, do you forever hate/dislike Twi now because of her character in the recent seasons and her pearl decision in the movie?

Do you also want to see her gone, like just letting her die to the Storm King for example?

A lot of people forget that acting "out of character" is something that real people do. It's not always a flaw in characterization! People have bad days, or get stressed out and do things they wouldn't normally consider.

And yes of course Twilight should die for her moral lapse. Any time someone does a bad thing they become an irredeemable monster forever. Don't you watch the news?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I love Twilight, and I don't think that will ever change. She is one of the most, if not the most, developed characters in the entire series, and I see nothing wrong with the way she was written in the movie.

• Like 3

I argued before that she wasn't OOC, or rather that considering the circumstances it is not that hard to understand her actions. In default state Twilight would not resort to stealing. It is only a matter of if person agrees or disagrees that chain of the events did properly the whole build up, which really could have been done better but that is flaw of the movie and not Twilight. I don't think single person will hate Twilight after watching the movie and more likely will blame the movie for being unfair to Twi. 

Also the recent seasons did wonders for Twilight. I mean come on, Amending Fences alone did great job. I can't think of one bad episode where Twilight was the main focus in recent seasons. Perhaps only Twilight in the season 7 ending but she still ended up shining as always. 

I sincerely doubt that there is one person on this site that started hating Twilight because of recent seasons and the movie. If there is a Twilight hater then that person most likely hated Twilight way earlier. Though I suspect there aren't many who hate but merely don't find Twilight that interesting. I had a period after she became a princess that I found her less interesting but now she is back competing for my favorites.  

Also yes I fully agree. You are paranoid.  And not in Twilight's adorkable overthinking to much kind of way. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

I sincerely doubt that there is one person on this site that started hating Twilight because of recent seasons and the movie. If there is a Twilight hater then that person most likely hated Twilight way earlier.

I can think of one person. :awesomecheer:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

And yes of course Twilight should die for her moral lapse. Any time someone does a bad thing they become an irredeemable monster forever. Don't you watch the news?

Um...did you mean that or that was sarcasm?

7 hours ago, Frécinette said:

Just talking about the man that shouldn't be named and his Starlight issues

Oh. But what does that have to do with Twilie?

8 hours ago, Frécinette said:

Just talking about the man that shouldn't be named and his Starlight issues

That person is unperson and has been erased from the Soviet Equestria. 

• Like 1

LostSanity. That _______ deserved to _____.Go call me out, but I don't believe in karma or curses or that speak-of-the-devil-he-shall-appear bs.

On 1/13/2018 at 10:59 PM, Friendship is Horses said:

A lot of people forget that acting "out of character" is something that real people do. It's not always a flaw in characterization! People have bad days, or get stressed out and do things they wouldn't normally consider.

Great another contradictor. That's what I can never stand. People not making up their own minds. And I'll just take that second part as your final word on her. And I prefer to be ignorant of the news.

____________________________________.

23 hours ago, Light Blade said:

Um...did you mean that or that was sarcasm?

He means it 100000000000000000000%. He does want Twilight dead. Period.

4 hours ago, 8492nd said:

He means it 100000000000000000000%. He does want Twilight dead. Period.

Yeah no mate, that was definitely sarcasm.

But the fact that you take sarcasm as opinion explains so much about your issues though.

Twilight started the movie sweet, gentle, and innocent, and ended the movie sweet, gentle and innocent. Anyone can have a stress related breakdown, why blame her for it? The scene where she descends like a little angel encapsulated who she really is perfectly.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Light Blade said:

@Frécinette Okay, I'm totally lost now. What is sarcasm and what is not? Does somepony really has vile thoughts about Twilie? I am so confused! 

Sarcasm can be a bit challenging to read in text, depending on how well it’s used. But in most cases, it’s not hard to tell, especially if you consider the context of the conversation. 8492nd has a history of making a mountain out of a molehill, while Friendship Is Horses never comes across as someone who would wish Twilight dead.

Is it possible that some fringe minority may wish harm on Twilight? Yes. Is that the case for FiH? No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1