VG_Addict

Will you watch G5?

Are you interested in G5? Will you watch it when it airs? 

I'm personally looking forward to the possibility of more worldbuilding and adventure. 

• Like 1

I haven’t looked at the leaked information, but at the very least, I will probably give G5 a try. I can simply stop watching it if I end up disliking it.

No because by that time I plan to become a hermit living in the mountains without bothersome evils of modern day society. No television, no computers, no toilets in a house. Just as our forefathers intended. 

Of course. The addiction to G4 is so real that even if G5 is worse than 3.5, I'll keep watch it I guess. Like I do now with EQG that I don't appreciate.

i more than likely will watch the beginning  to see how its changed and if its good, i will if i am still interested in it at that point keep watching, but i will no matter what have an underlying yearning for G4. but if the story is rich and the animation and Va's are as wonderful as they are in G4 i don't see why i would stop watching.

I might end up giving it a chance, but for now, I'm leaning toward "no".

The reason I continue to watch Friendship is Magic is because I've gotten attached to the characters and the universe that the show has built up. If they tear all that down and start over for G5, there's not much incentive to bother with it.

Plus, the end of G4 seems like a good time to finally put this whole pony thing to rest.

I'll probably give it a shot, but I don't know if I'll be expecting anything. I'll mainly be watching it for curiousity's sake and to see if it has the potential to live up to the standard set by Lauren Faust and the rest of DHX in G4 these past 7+ years. Who knows, maybe it'll be just as good, if not, better. But I kind of doubt it.

In any case, as with a lot of shows that I've tried after discovering MLP, I'll try a good handful of episodes (at least 5 half hours worth, so anywhere from 5-10 episodes depending on length) and determine my viewership from there.

I may or may not. I'd have to wait until it comes out to decide, but how I feel about it will no doubt be influenced by the amount of baggage I have with FIM.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, Number? said:

how I feel about it will no doubt be influenced by the amount of baggage I have with FIM.

I think that'll be true of most people. At least when it comes to the older audience. If any fans of FIM watch G5 with no FIM baggage, chances are they watched MLP pretty young and don't remember how FIM was like we would. Hopefully, the baggage from FIM will entice the G5 showrunners to do their best in making the show just as good if not better.