Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

S6 - Episode 8 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/4c13r3/mlpfim_season_6_episode_streams/

( Gauntlet of Fire, No Second Prances, and Newbie Dash are airing as a run up to the new episode. If you're behind, here's your chance to catch up.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ahjf3_hd-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-s06e08-a-hearth-s-warming-tale_animals

YouTube:

Hah. And they said I was crazy for saying what would happen if the spell was cast. Silly casters.

All in all, a great episode. Sherlock/Watson Pone, Snape Pone, And there will be a LOT of new Luna fanart because of this.

Luna got her own song!

Great episode and songs, a shame we don't get more of these high-quality musical episodes.

Prolly now my favorite retelling of the story because pony.

1153831.jpeg

I sort of feel like this episode should have been after the hiatus.

Yep, definitely screams holiday episode. It's not even Christmas in July yet.

Oh, Mac, you look so happy. I want to see that more.

Spike's present pooped itself.

Not enjoying the spats thingies.

Oh hey, Octavia is with some stallion. Guess that buries that ship.

Oop, same for Bon Bon.

That is a nice look on Ghost AJ.

And now she's Willy Wonka, but evil.

That professor is kind of a massive asshole.

I would think Pinkie's coat would be more flamboyant than fabulous.

I'm really hoping Pinkie's song gets a revamp on one of the soundtrack releases. It could be so pretty with a proper sound master and a slightly bumped instrumental.

And Luna.

And Luna solo song. I bet the community will have fun with remixes/covers of it.

They're really dedicated to Vinyl being mute.

What is up with Rarity's mom's head?

Dashie's dad is present, too.

And The Dude.

Yeah, this was a fun episode. And Luna easily got the best scene. Her song was incredible, eerie in all the right ways. I kind of got a kick out of that whole sequence. Not allowed to show Snowfall's grave (as per the classic tale)? We'll show a future where all of Equestria is buried in eternal winter. (Also why Starlight fits so well as a Scrooge analogue. She was scared straight by seeing a terrible future herself.)

Gawd damn Daniel Ingram, like seriously, each time he does a Musical episode, they just get better and better. Applejack's number was her best song yet, and Luna finally getting that musical number herself...Holy crap. I mean, I know it's Tabitha St. Germane, she's sung before, but as Luna that was amazing and it only pained me that there wasn't a second verse to her song (which is called "Luna's Future" incase you didn't see the credits).

While I'm surprised it's a holiday episode so soon with Summer around the corner, this was by far one of the best episodes of the season yet.

Actually, Luna's singing voice in this episode was Aloma Steele. (Previously it was Kazumi Evans.) I hope they keep this one, because she absolutely nailed it as Luna. (Kazumi wasn't bad, but sounded a bit too much like Rarity.)