Sign in to follow this  
8492nd

Just how do you even feel about your skills in debates/analyses/criticisms?

I know for a fact that I'm the absolute worst when it comes to this.

Reasons:

1) I always have a hard time articulating myself.

2) I never had and never will have interest in working in that area.

3) I keep  trying to avoid any sort of argument about anything, especially entertainment, yet I constantly am being needlessly thrown into these conflicts  of which I don't even want to even be a part of.

As a result, I hate myself for not being naturally wired to do this sort of thing, as well as resentful towards others who easily and ruthlessly crush any hope of me speaking up, and I am never given a chance to defend myself.Whether I can or cannot, whether I want to or not, the result is still the same. I'm always the loser.

And I suppose you say you're far better at this in every way? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm supposed to be humiliated for having no desire and skill for reviewing or debating.

6 minutes ago, Nile Komnenos said:

I don't have a difficult time articulating myself, but in debates I get heated often times.

And to repeat, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm supposed to be humiliated for having no desire and skill for reviewing or debating.

People like me are laughed at because having that kind of skill  means that you are a far more intelligent being than all the rest of the brainless, uncritical, gullible masses who refuse to see reason.

1 hour ago, 8492nd said:

I never had and never will have interest in working in that area.

1 hour ago, 8492nd said:

I keep  trying to avoid any sort of argument about anything, especially entertainment,

1 hour ago, 8492nd said:

As a result, I hate myself for not being naturally wired to do this sort of thing

Sounds like you're just shy, bro. Speaking up is hard when you're conflict-averse, and does create resentment towards idiots who are able to be confident in their stupid opinions. The more general social experience you get, the easier it will be to articulately defend your own opinions, and make no mistake, whether you want to or not, you'll either have to step up and defend them or allow the conversation to be dominated by other viewpoints. That's how it goes. I've stayed quiet in situations when people were saying wrong, bigoted shit, and even though it's scary to make yourself vulnerable by disagreeing, I think it hurts more to keep it in.

As a side note, you should read this thread, because most of what everyone is saying there could work as a response to you as well. TL;DR Don't let it get to you.

• Like 2

I don't explain my opinion very well with talking, it confuses me a lot. I'm much more comfortable with writing, and I do it every time for important topics like politics, science or philosophy. Mostly on youtube or blogs, where I have very important discussions.

But I'm totally unable to keep these conversations in real life, since my brain is not very fast. Even this kind of short message, I need more than 5 minutes.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2018 at 4:27 AM, Friendship is Horses said:

Looked at the topic here.

I NEVER knew that there exist add-ons that could allow you to block comments ALL OVER the web.

I thought that wasn't possible.

And I totally agree with its name. SHUT UP. A perfect name, as, yes, I realize that all of the reactions on EQDaily are noise.

@Captain Clark@Friendship is Horses

For the record, I am NOT of this mindset.

Captain Clark's opinion

" But S6? Oh, ya! Season 7 has been way better that s6. The sooner I forget about episodes like Newbie Dash, Flutter Brutter, No Second Prances, PPOV, 28 Pranks Later and To Where and Back Again, the better."

I liked EVERY single episode of s6 before I defected because of all the s6 hate.I liked s6. And I don't care about the flaws pointed out. What do you and @Captain Clark have to say to me and my opinion, now that I stated my personal thoughts about s6?

I just try to avoid drama and live my life

I mean yeah I have a terribly hard time articulating my thoughts somewhat

i choose not to engage in pointless drama

if someone disagrees with me i simply shrug my shoulders and be on my merry little way

in my opinion theres no need to start unneeded drama

now debates do help open up conversations

but if someones starting drama to just start drama

then ignore them saves you a lot of headaches that way

just because somebody disagrees doesn't mean they're this evil super villain that needs to be defeated

no need to raise a fuss

talk bout it with them

5 hours ago, 8492nd said:

Looked at the topic here.

I NEVER knew that there exist add-ons that could allow you to block comments ALL OVER the web.

I thought that wasn't possible.

And I totally agree with its name. SHUT UP. A perfect name, as, yes, I realize that all of the reactions on EQDaily are noise.

@Captain Clark@Friendship is Horses

For the record, I am NOT of this mindset.

Captain Clark's opinion

" But S6? Oh, ya! Season 7 has been way better that s6. The sooner I forget about episodes like Newbie Dash, Flutter Brutter, No Second Prances, PPOV, 28 Pranks Later and To Where and Back Again, the better."

I liked EVERY single episode of s6 before I defected because of all the s6 hate.I liked s6. And I don't care about the flaws pointed out. What do you and @Captain Clark have to say to me and my opinion, now that I stated my personal thoughts about s6?

I seriously don’t care at all. I never said you have to dislike S6. I was just stating my personal opinion of that season. In fact, I never even said I dislike S6. I was implying that I find it the weakest of all the seasons. At the end of the day, I’d still call it a good season overall with some flaws. You clearly like it more than I do and more power to you for liking something more than I do. Just as long as you don’t act like an immature brat like that LostSanity guy, I’ll respect your opinion. 

• Like 1

@Captain Clark I agree full on there m8

its how you handle yourself when you discuss something with an another person

if handled maturely then the other person could respect you more and would be more inclined to hear you out

but if done immaturely the other person would leave you high and dry

so be careful on how you handle yourself in a discussion one wrong move and you lose

am I right?

• Like 1