Foxx

Tomb of the Alicorn - RP Main Thread

Recommended Posts

The Minotaur lady blinks at Iris before she chuckles, "Yes, he did. The Professor has been tied up with so much work he can't break away from it." She looks annoyed for a moment, "granted, most of that work is keeping the vultures from stealing the tomb away from him..." She drops her hand down on the increasing hyperactive child next to her. "This is my daughter Furious Mettle. You can call me Bronze Grit, I'll be your guide in our wonderful land of strength, courage, and great feats of progressively stupid acts of physical might." 

 

A younger minotaur male walking by turns towards them, "Hey, what did you say?"

 

Bronze Grit turned to the teen, snapping, "I said i was going to tear your horns off! Get lost." The teen beats a hasty retreat as Furious Mettle snickers. Bronze Grit looks to Iris again nonplussed, "So, is it just you?"

 

"Can I touch her?" Mettle finally says.

 

"No," Bronze Grit says with a groan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh...pardon my manners - I'm Professor Thornmantle. I taught Magic as well as History for over two decades to the students at Canterlot University. I'd probably be doing a lecture right now if the Canterlot nobility weren't a bunch of gold plated turds. ANYWAYS, rambling aside, we don't need the grand tour - as I see it basically runs on magic. The source of that though...eludes me. I am curious about it's flight capabilities, if any, as well as it's general purpose." he states, polishing his glasses with a cloth.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The griffon lets out a slow breath after the Professors explanation. "Hm, well, there are some things I can't talk about after I signed on with the crew, but I'll ask the Captain and see if she can answer your questions." He does not wait for a confirmation but flaps his wings to take off and head back to the ship. He hovers by the rails as he calls over to another griffon on board. She pads over to listen to him briefly, looking over to the Professor and Golem. She replies and he descends back to the tent to continue loading materials. She takes off and quickly heads over to the group. 

 

"So, I hear you're not the typical tourist coming over to get their picture taken with the ship or a griffon," she said with a wryly smile. Her tone is clip and commanding. "My name if Freya, Captain of the Griffonhiem. "We're a merchant ship, currently here to sell supplies to every pony that's eager to dig around looking for clues to the tomb that was discovered. Quite, a fine really. You must be excited." A griffon calls over to her that they are ready to move and she nods. "Well, Professor would you like to walk with me as we head to town? I can answer your inquires on the trip there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This is quite an opportunity indeed, though it's a lot more crowded than it needs to be right now. Anyways, lead on miss Freya. Deorward, follow me - we're headed back to town. Perhaps we'll bump into Iris on the way..."

 

As they're headed back, he decides to make some idle chatter. "Apologies for holding your men up slightly with the loading. Deorward here has quite the imposing presence. So, as it was probably implied, I do have a few quick queries about your ship - though you probably hear some of these a lot. The first being how it's powered - though I could see it looked magical in nature. The other question being: was it designed to hover or can it fly?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris was left confused as the lady just threatened someone then turned back to her like it was nothing. It took her a moment to realize that she's been asked a question. "What ? I mean yes. Alone. I work alone. Wait ! I have peoples with me now. I think i left them...err...".

She paused because she was unable to remember where she left them since she basically ran away from the crowd.

"You know what ? There's that big guy, golem, with a giant sword, totally not discreet. Why don't we head to the town , i'm certain we're gonna bump into him. And if we find him, the third one won't be too far. What do you think ?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kreidal states his inquiries, Deorward suddenly faces the Captain and, resoundingly, asks one of its own, "And would Captain Freya know Professor Sand Script and where he may be? It is our current objective to locate him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I think I got a job to finish before I start dinner. Your friend is a Golem?  Shouldn't be too hard to find around here. The only others that walk upright are my people."  She beckons Iris to follow as she tucks the sign under her arm. "So tell me about yourself." She turns her head to her daughter, "if she bites you, don't whine to me." Furious Mettle snatches her hand away, putting it behind her back. "Oi, children, such a blessing but having to keep watch on them; specially that one."

 

Freya smiled at the questions thinking for a moment. "I'll answer the last one first. yes, it can fly; its an airship after all. No doubt you detected the spells it uses to lift it. Sages of my people, called Artificers, worked that magic into the wood and metal of the ship in order to create a new type of magitech. Literally centuries ahead of every other known race.  Unfortunately, they scrapped the project and sealed the craft away till recently. 

 

"The power source, yes, the heart of the ship. I won't say much because I do not wish to give much away. Its vital to the spells tied to the ship. Without, nothing works." She shifts her wings as Deorward turns to face her. "Professor Sand Script? Well, he's at his camp near the Tomb. At least, I would expect him to be. I haven't had a since to see him since we arrive." She frowns. "The Minotaur are being bull headed about letting non-Minotaur inland till they resolve the issue on who is going to explore the time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fair enough. Trade secrets and all. And they're holding everyone up over a registry...? If I'm guessing right? Someponies are going to be PIIIIIIIISSED!" saying the last part in a rather foalish manner, before chuckling slightly.

 

((Been busy this week doing some summer cleaning - and you misspelled tomb near the end there, I assume?))

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris giggled and lost some height. What appeared to be a storm cell was closing in and despite the many electric shocks she gave herself with her rapiere, she hadn't become shockproof yet.

"Me ? Not much to say, i'm the last child of my family and a member of the Lilac Brotherhood. I'm studying magitech engineering and this gem" *she points at the weapon swinging on her belt* "is part of a project from my college's research lab."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 11:39 AM, DawnOfNoob said:

"Fair enough. Trade secrets and all. And they're holding everyone up over a registry...? If I'm guessing right? Someponies are going to be PIIIIIIIISSED!" saying the last part in a rather foalish manner, before chuckling slightly.

 

Freya chuckles lightly. "I wish that was the guess, Professor. I think the problem is that somepony is accusing him of hording secrets about the tomb from the rest of Equestria. That it might lead to a larger finds in the future concerning alicorns and pony origins and what not. There is an important pony, Major Strike, whose behind this. Seems he has some sway with the Equestria Archaeological Society and he's pulling some strings." 

 

The group beings to enter the Minotaur town where the architecture changes to more durable coastal living. Here ponies and Minotaur seem to be co-existing with little problems. Some seem to even enjoy it, though here the displays of strength, prowess, and other athletic feats are far more prevalent. Mostly a lot of the younger bulls showing off and the earth pony or Pegasus upholding the honor of Equetria. More than one set of eyes are focusing on Deorward as he walks by.  

 

Bronze Grit muses as Iris tells about her a little bit about her life. "Magitech, eh? Sounds like a worthwhile field to get into. Heaven knows we could use a few more smarties around here to upgrade our towns." She pulls a pouch off her belt to hand to Furious Mettle, "go grab us something to eat, sweetie." Furious Mettle takes the bit pouch and looks to Iris, "what would you like Ms. Pony?"

 

Deorward notices that one younger bulls, an older teen, is getting ready to hurl a bottle at him. It seems he is begin egged on by his compatriots. 

 

(Everyone is currently entering the town before both sides, with the Professors group entering the market area and Iris just outside the said area.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The artificial lifeform swiflty sets its seemingly lifeless gaze in the direction of the adolescent minotaurs, but stares at the one preparing the bottle. "That would be a very poor choice of action," Deorward booms in a warning tone. "This Guardian means no ill-intent to you or your companions. Therefore, it is not necessary to provoke needless conflict between us. Inflicting harm upon civilians is counterproductive to this Guardian's purpose."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal listens to Freya, chuckling before speaking. "Definitely sounds like Canterlot politics at work - let me guess: he paid a lot of money and he wants to bring "glory" to his overblown lineage? No archaeologist worth his or her salt would openly divulge specific leads - ESPECIALLY in an overhyped artifact race like this one. A sporting pony might leave a slight clue to the competition, but specifics? Definitely not. Somepony wants extra time to get a lay of the land."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris hesitated, she was kind of hungry but didn't want to abuse of Bronze's kindness "Oh thank you very much but nothing for me." she said with a faint smile. A loud voice echoing from behind made her jump before she took some height to investigate.

"Hey!" she launched to Bronze while pointing to a hulking silouhette surrounded by small minotaurs. "It's the big guy over there, let's meet him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The teen minotaur is thwarted by Deorward as he addresses him, lowering the bottle. Though the smug look returns with him saying, "Oooo, you don't want to hurt us." He tosses the bottle over his shoulder and strides over to Deorward group. "You're the only thing that's comes off the ships that even looks remotely challenging." He strikes a pose, and unlike Iron Will, lacks the snap and big production value. "So what do you say, dude, lets do this."

 

Bronze Grit waves Iris back to get a look, then blinks, then says with a certain amount of respect, "THAT'S your friend?" She notice the commotion and sighs heavily. "Oh lord of metal, he's being challenged. I hope he has the sense to refuse else we'll be here all day."  She starts pushing through the growing crowd towards Irish comrades. "Move horn heads, coming through." The closer Iris gets the harder it is to get through. "You better go ahead Iris."

 

"I'll ride with her." Furious Mettle chimes in.

 

"How about I throw you over there," Bronze warns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deorward continues to look at the adolescent. "This Guardian did not agree to partake in any violence." The frost golem knows, however, that the minotaur is adamant about his challenge, and would very likely persist no matter how many times Deorward refused. The growing crowd that surrounds them does little to help as well.

It would perhaps be more practical to engage in nonlethal combat against this adolescent, if only to subdue the excitement around them. "However, would accepting your challenge pacify you and this gathering?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris rushed to Deorward, flying over a continously increasing crowd and dove to plant herself between the golem and the minotaur. "Nope, we're not here to fight. How about some tea and biscuits ?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deorward shifted its gaze down onto the pegasus. The golem's priorities immeditely changed. "Crimson Iris, This Guardian does not think that it is able to consume Tea and Biscuits, nor does it think that they would be appropriate currently. However, your presence here means that you may or may not have completed your objective. Will you clarify?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal sighs, about ready to try and stop the pointless challenge with some clever spellcasting - when Iris lands between the two seemingly out of nowhere.

 

"Well, I hate to make a terrible pun here - but thanks for dropping in" he states to Iris.

 

The Professor turns to the construct, trying to think of something clever to say to get Deorward to back off - but is clearly at a loss of words. He uses his upheld hoof to straighten his glasses instead, coughing slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My what ? Oh, yes, she's coming, piercing throught the crowd. More importantly, what were you thinking ? Do not engage civilians, silly."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This minotaur had sought to provoke this Guardian into a non-lethal confrontation. As a result, it spurred the denizens into crowding around to witness these events unfold. This Guardian recognized that accepting and completing this challenge would very likely cause both the adolescent and the gathering to disperse."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal sighs, facehoofing before speaking. "Deorward, if anything, accepting the "challenge" would have likely marked you as a walking contest of strength in a town like this. We are here for two things: Professor Sand Script and the Tomb. We are NOT in town to have bulls young and old try and grapple you all day to test their manliness and/or boost their self esteem. Though if you wish, you may goof off all you like after our current expedition is over." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Acknowledged. However, Professor Kreidal, this Guardian is unable to 'goof off'. Doing so would hinder this Guardian's function," Deorward stated. Then, the ice golem looked towards the adolescent minotaur. "In light of my current objective, I will and must not accept your challenge."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the trio converse the young Minotaur has been trying to get their attention with his flexing. "Finally, did you guys have a nice chat?"

8 hours ago, Sir JbJonesV said:

"Acknowledged. However, Professor Kreidal, this Guardian is unable to 'goof off'. Doing so would hinder this Guardian's function," Deorward stated. Then, the ice golem looked towards the adolescent minotaur. "In light of my current objective, I will and must not accept your challenge."

 

The youth looks partially deflated, "Aw, c'mon, just one round? I've been bragging I an out strong you better than anyone else. You gotta' do something." He ignores some of the snickering from the gathered crowd as his demeanor goes from bold bravdo to slightly desperate to earn back some cool points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No you don't comply, we don't have time for his shenanigans. Now let's move it." ordered Iris while fruitlessly pushing the golem forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now