Foxx

Tomb of the Alicorn - RP Main Thread

Recommended Posts

Kreidal groans, left eye twitching horribly at the Contruct's stubborness before composing himself enough to speak.

 

"Fine then. Let the adolescent bull try and dent your armor to make it feel better. Just PLEASE don't obliterate the poor chap with your sword. We'll be over there, talking to Sand Script's contact when she finally gets through the crowd. I want you back here after you have finished this ONE Minotaur's challenge."

 

Kreidal then teleports to the nearby bench he was pointing to in an indigo flash, then cleaning his glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal pops and reappears next to the bench, seating himself. That leaves Freya to take wing and fly over to where he is, hovering in place. "So is that really a golem? I never seen one like that before."

 

Since the Minotaur's are getting use to pony magic, it doesn't take them completely by surprise; just causes a few to jump back, bowling over several of their comrades in the process. The teen Mino snaps his fingers in victory, or to add that important snap to his final pose before pointing upwards. The location is a tall tower, some seven stories. Set in an alcove, its a large brass bell that has seen its fair share of abuse over the years. Not just from exposure from the ocean, but tremendous impacts. "Yeah, no fighting, orders from the Grand Champion, King Midos, buuut, I can best you in strength by hitting the Ferrier's bell and ringing it."

 

He grins as four of his buddies bring two over sized anchors and drop one at the feet of Deorward. It hits the heavy wooden floor with a ring of iron. The gathered spectators start murmuring and nodding their heads at this acceptable challenge. "Only you got to use this." He grins wide at the golem. The Mino was very confident in his abilities it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The frigid golem inspected the anchor laid before it, then to great bell above, before turning to the minotaur once more. "This Guardian assumes that it must ring Ferrier's Bell with the impact from the anchor provided via throwing. Would it be correct in this assumption?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal turns to Freya, who's been quiet for some time. "Yes, my oversized stubborn-as-tartarus friend is a Golem. I don't know where exactly my esteemed colleague found him way up north, but he's around for the expedition's protection."

 

He then looks at the supposed challenge that was presented to Deorward, sighing before speaking again to the Griffin.

"This isn't going to end well for that bell - let alone what's holding it in place. I fear for any building or being should any of them miss. But....just in case..."

 

He extends a hoof off the bench and reaches towards the dirt in front of him, etching a symbol and lines into it whilst chanting something unintelligible under his breath. The markings glow slightly Indigo before returning to normal.

 

"We should be fine now - should one of them miss. " he states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris raised her hoofs in the air. "Fine, whatever, just make it quick." she said to the golem before landing on the nearest building's roof to watch the scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freya watch the Professor do his magic. Once he was done she drop to the ground and almost huddle up against him. Knowing he was going to ask why, she says, "i don't enjoy the prospect of being squished by an anchor."

 

The teen Mino nods his head, grinning wide. "Why yes, you may assume. Here, let me show you how it is done."  The youth grips his anchor and lifts it from the ground. The crowd backs away, giving them an open space for the contest. Seems more Minotaur's  and ponies are gathering around for the contest of strength. The youth shifts the weight, testing it before lowering it to the ground. It spits into his hands before gripping the massive ring and begins to turn, dragging it along the ground. He begins to strain and pick up speed, the momentum picking the heavy weight off the ground. He continues to spin till he has a good rotation going before he screams out and lets go, hurling the anchor up towards the bell. The anchor impacts against the side of the Ferrier's bell and clangs against the brass outside. As the anchor falls away, the bell sways, but it does not ring. The audience murmurs, some happy to see him hit the bell, others not impressed he could not ring it. 

 

The teen Mino groans as he slaps his head, "I thought I had it this time." He looks to Deoward and motions for his turn. "Heh, lets see if you can even hit the bell."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Very well," the frost golem rumbled impassively. It had taken its time scrutinizing both the bell from its great height and the anchor resting at its sabatons. It was far too long before Deorward did anything else. And then, it finally reached towards the anchor's shank, with naught but its single sword arm.

 

The magical construct gripped it firmly, before tightening its grasp and heaving it into the air, then resting it upon Deorward's shoulder. It turned to face Ferrier's Bell, taking several steps back prior to moving at an accelerating pace. Finally, it launched the anchor towards the bell as straight and with as much force as the golem possibly could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal eyes the Griffin curiously in reaction to her odd and somewhat unnecessary behavior. "Fair enough." he states, responding to her reasoning. He then shrugs as he returns his gaze to Deorward's attempt at ringing the bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deorward lengthy pause after the young Mino turn started to cause another murmur among the crowd. Perhaps he decided he was not up to the challenge after all. Then when the might golem moved their attention return in force. Quite a few gasped when he simply picked the anchor one handed and hefted it to his shoulder to gauge his target. The anticipation was think as the audience gawked as he took a few moving steps and throws the anchor harpoon style at the bell. The propelled anchor is on target and hits the bell with a thunderous ring of heavy metal against metal. The point of contact shifts the massive weight of the bell sending it swaying to one side, the clapper striking the inside true. The bell rings back and forth, the rhythm steady as it slows from the jarring hit. The peal sounds throughout the village and beyond making those that were not even there to look up from what they were doing and nod their heads in approval at the challenge accepted, but answered. 

 

The youth stands there, arms hanging, mouth gaping. "Wow..." He looks to the back of the crowd as someone, Bronze Grit, claps. Her daughter takes up the next course and begins to cheer wildly. The ponies and Minotaur's follow as their stunned awe evaporates to cheering at Deorwards accomplishment. 

 

"Impressive, " Freya says aloud to the Professor. 

 

The Mino youth walks up to Deorward, humbled. "I never see anyone do that before. Tell me friend, what is your name? I am Tenacious Crimson." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well met, Tenacious Crimson. This Guardian is named Deorward, protector of the Reindeer of yore." Deorward then looks at the applauding crowd around it, before inquiring, "Why do these ones cheer and appear so jubilant?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Professor is actually somewhat impressed Deorward didn't cause any property damage with that throw of his. He stomps his hooves in approval before disarming the rune in front of him.

 

Kreidal gets off the bench, muttering something before pressing the ground with his hoof, the latent runic energy traveling up his foreleg in a spiral  into his body, briefly causing a pattern to slightly glow underneath his overcloak before dissipating. He stomps out the pattern he drew quietly, adjusting his glasses before looking at the scene ahead of him. 

 

"Well. I guess he does have some self control. Good for him." he states before slowly making his way over to the construct again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dude, you just like impressed everyone here with what you did. Strength is a highly sought after skill," Tenacious said. "That goes a long way around here." The crowd began to disperse now that the challenge was over. It was time to go back to doing what they were doing before, the pleasant distraction now over. it allowed Bronze Grit to get through and make her way towards Deorward and hopefully the rest of the group she was looking for. 

 

"Hello, Tenacious, nice throw," Bronze said. The youth smiled and backed away from her offering his thanks. 

 

"Thanks, Bronze Grit, uh, I gotta go..." He flags his friends and they take off for another part of the port. 

 

Bronze studies the Golem before looking over to Iris, "if we're done here I got a place where everyone can stay till King Midos summons everyone. So if you're ready?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Coming !" yelled the pony from the rooftop she was lying on. "Oh, by the way. Guys, this is Bronze Grit, our client's assistant. Bronze Grit, this is Deoward and Professor Thormantle." *she points them both respectively then notice Freya* "aaaaaand this one wasn't with us. Heya, who are you ?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kreidal motions towards the griffin, coughing lightly before speaking. "This is Freya. She's the captain of an intriguing airship Deorward and I examined when you barreled off on your own upon landing. Runs a shop here too apparently. In any case, I'm certain she can explain herself better than I."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronze Grit and Freya nod to each other as they are introduced. Freya shuffles her wings and says, "what the Professor says is mostly true. I am a merchant captain looking for business opportunities and when I heard of the Tomb and everyone coming to explore it; I saw a rather big business opportunity as a provider of equipment."

 

"You're from Griffinstone?" Bronze asked.

 

"The Griffin Isles, we're, a little different." Gave them a tight smile. "So, nice to meet you Professor and company, but I have a few things to do before the days over. Hope to see you again at the Tomb."

 

"Yes, I need to find my daughter and take everypony here to their rooms." She felt a small shape climb up her back, almost knocking her over.

 

"Can one stay in my room?" Furious Mettle said. She had a food box slung over her shoulder.

 

"Child, I swear..." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The professor waves a quick goodbye before turning back to the rest of the group. "Rooms, hm? I guess the old chap still thinks ahead from time to time. In any case, lead on Mrs Grit."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronze chuckles, recovering her balance, “yeah, that he does. He’s been taking this delay rather while, I suppose. He didn’t like it when some pony accused him of trying to prevent others from exploring the tomb. That lead to some rather harsh words when Major Strike, another explorer I guess, came along with support from the, uh, ponies that help other ponies dig around in the dirt. 

 

“Canterlot Archaeological Society?” Mettle chips in. 

 

“Yeah, them,” Bronze says nodding. “All I know that the stink reached King Midos and he put hoof down till he could sort it out. I don’t think he got much help from the Society and that put him in a mood. So, he declared no more fooling with the tomb. Might be a wait too, the Championship is coming up in a few days and he has a lot of rivals wanting his throne.” 

 

The hustle and bustle of the port town returns, but only for a moment, acute ears pick up a sound in the distance. A musician striking a chord on a guitar, its loud and clear. The tune is stretched out for several seconds before it fades away. A few Minotaurs stop to listen, ears perked up. Bronze looks off into the distance, her face lined with concentration. “Wait…”

 

Another strum, and the trees in the distance wavered. This time everyone heard it. Before the chord could dissipate fully, the musician went into a complex riff. For those that like rock'n'roll he was quite good. He was someone that put a lot of time into practicing. Bronze Grit started to smile as bobbing her head for a moment. “Well, I guess we aren’t going to be waiting long.”

 

As the final cord was struck and left linger a brilliant flash of gold light could be seen in the horizon as it streaked into the sky. It pierced the clouds above and with a brilliant concentration of the light blasted them apart. The shock wave began to grow opening up the sky till it hit the magically controlled area over the port. All the remaining clouds over head were taken away as the thunder storm rushed over head in a sympathy of chaotic nature uprooted by powerful magic. 

 

The storms cleared land and were pushed far out over the ocean. Now the sun was shining over the Minotaur lands turning the storm covered features into sunny woodland hills and moutains. 

 

Bronze Grit quickened her pace, “Come along, my guests, I think we have about a days worth of good weather to get to our destination.”

“Oh! Are we going to see the Champion now, mama?”

 

“Yes, sweety, we can finally go see King Midos, at Coliseum City.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of Kreidal's eyes twitches slightly, the sheer absurdity of music clearing weather was currently getting the best of his thought processes and motor functions. After quickly composing himself and catching up to the others - he speaks: "Erm...pardon me if I sound ungrateful as we're finally going where we need to...but what manner of artifact can casually dispel or displace weather to such extremes? I've heard tales of the occasional Diamond Dog performing magic with instruments, but never to this extreme. This kind of thing would either amaze or upset some of the weather-teams back home."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I suppose it would, pegasuses and griffins aren't they only ones that can manipulate the weather." Bronze Grit pauses for a second, "and really, we can't either, but the Reigning Champion can." She hustles the group towards a house where a large rickshaw is parked outside. The conveyance appears to be a cross of a wagon and a carriage with a bicycle style attach to the front. Its rather large, to meet with Minotaur comfort, so it presents no problem of carrying Deorward and the ponies. While they are loading the guests on, Bronze continues to talk, "to answer your question, not that I'm an expert-"

 

"The Golden Axe gives power to the current Reigning Champion," Furious Mettal says, hoping to the top of the rickshaw, "only the biggest and the baddest Minotaur can use its power."

 

Bronze kind of stands there, left with very little else to say. "What she said?" Sighs loudly. "I'll come back and get your luggage, I really want to get you to Sand Script and King Midos before the weather turns bad again. So, I'm ready when you are."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deorward did not hesitate to enter. Once aboard, it looked towards Professor Kreidal and Crimson Iris. "Our charge awaits us. Now that we are able, we would do well to reach them quickly, lest we dare try their patience."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now