Nightwing

Overwatch:The Thread:The Game

I kinda like the smaller scale fights Overwatch brings and focuses on. (Especially if you're playing with friends.) Kinda makes me recall my experience in playing Highlander matches.

There are a few balance issues that SHOULD have been addressed since the beta, but all in all....it's a solid game with a lot of budding potential.

Aside from the 15-20 min delay in launch...it seems like Day One was successful overall.

TF2 will still reign supreme because it's a solid game with over 10 years of content. (and with a higher skillcap) Overwatch is a refreshing change of pace though.

Enjoying it like I enjoyed the beta. Lot of fun to play and hits a good amount of clusterfucky and orderly. Unless you play the currently weekly brawl where everything goes to shit.

14 minutes ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

Pretty sure all the people saying that OW won't kill TF2 are idiots.

It won't kill it, but it will hurt it pretty bad.

Getting better with Mercy, someone party with me, I'll keep you alive.

You know... unless you can't keep me alive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badshot said:

Getting better with Mercy, someone party with me, I'll keep you alive.

You know... unless you can't keep me alive.

If you can't stay alive as a class with functionally infinite mobility that's your problem :P

1 hour ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

If you can't stay alive as a class with functionally infinite mobility that's your problem :P

Not if there's players sneaking behind or focusing me, and I have no one to fly to.

Mercy is very easy to kill if caught alone.

12 minutes ago, Badshot said:

Not if there's players sneaking behind or focusing me, and I have no one to fly to.

Mercy is very easy to kill if caught alone.

Why are you getting caught alone then...

1 hour ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

Why are you getting caught alone then...

Trying to retreat because it's getting too hot, or in some cases my own stupidity, or my heal target it too busy to notice that genji sneaking up and cornering me with no guardian angel targets. (or my heal target forgets me, but this is a more rare case)

And then there's stuff that you can't avoid as easily, roadhog hooks, mecree flashbang combos, the sudden widowmaker/hanzo killshot, tracer/mei out of fucking nowhere.

Then it's on my team to notice in time to save my valkyrie butt. I have had times they were successful in interrupting a mecree or roadhog, I had an allied mei make a damn good effort to stop and enemy mei by trying to freeze her before she could freeze icicle combo me. (she failed, but I watched her try, she almost had it)

In general it's mostly CC or that stray shot that gets me, I'm getting better at staying out of crossfire.

(and have gotten a few potgs with mass rez)

Well, thanks to the generosity of Hoshiro, I now own Overwatch. *Sighs*

Time to save up for McCree's animations again. :twitwitch:

Ok so I've tested out others a bit and revisited ones I liked.

Here's one I find myself at least semi good with.

Mercy

Mei

Reinhardt

Soldier: 76

Reaper (only because I got a nevermore skin from a lootcrate so I decided to try out Mr. Edge Incarnate)

Lucio if my team stays together

Junkrat

Pharah

I tried roadhog, I'm inconsistent with him, as well as with the rest. Genji and Hanzo are another story, which sucks because I dropped a wolf skin for hanzo, a hero I'll probably never use.

D.VA on the other hand, I haven't played her for some time, heard she got nerfed anyway.

Mercy obviously isn't a soloer, but she isn't terrible when she's alone. She's a pretty excellent flanking McCree killer when he tries to do a sneaky high noon and I find myself killing cheeky (get it?) Tracers as much as they kill me. The pistol does decent damage and is all sorts of accurate. It isn't unheard of for Mercy to countersnipe Widows. That said, if you're forced to whip out your pistol, the enemy has already done it's job, sooo.. 

I mainly play Mercy, Lucio, and Junkrat. My computer sucks and my framerate is a bitch, otherwise I'd probably play more McCree, Roadhog, and S76 too. I also love playing Zenyatta, but he's more of a rare treat, since the comp has to be right for him to not drag everyone down. 

Now, goodbye forever. 

So, has anyone ran into any possible hackers yet? I ran into a McCree player the other day who had absolutely ZERO RECOIL when he was fanning the hammer. Mind you, the recoil is easy to understand given it goes straight up, so all you have to do is pull down on your mouse, but still, the fact his screen didn't budge when he killed me with his fanning, I was ultra skeptical about it.

It should be noted that Blizzard has put out a statement saying that the kill cam is not an accurate representation of the events that actually occurred because of how their servers work.

However, it should also be noted that they are still in the midst of making the game an enjoyable experience for everyone by banning those who want to gain an unfair advantage.

"Our in-game camera system does not always play back footage at the same fidelity as real-time gameplay (this loss in fidelity applies to the killcam, Plays of the Game, Highlights, and-to a lesser extent-the spectator camera as well). This can sometimes result in a player's aim appearing more snappy or less fluid in playback than it did in-game."

More on the recent bans: 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/02/overwatch-bans-thousands-of-cheaters
http://kotaku.com/thousands-of-overwatch-players-have-already-been-banned-1780109893

So, all in all, we should expect hackers to occur from time-to-time, but we should also take caution in that it may just be a discrepancy between the two clients and the server.

I'm loving Mercy when I want to support. Having her Imp skin helps that, though.

Pharrah is my go-to gal and I have been giving it my all to be the very best defender with Reinhardt. I need to log more hours in this game though; my friends are playing it more than I am on my account (laptop at work, they'll just hang out since they don't have it themselves yet).

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

I'm loving Mercy when I want to support. Having her Imp skin helps that, though.

Imp buddies!