PinkiePie97

"Friendship Always Wins" Music Video

I saw this on Twitter and while this isn't necessarily the premise I would have wanted, I'm just way too stoked about the show doing something different for once to care. I've wanted this kind of change in setting since season 5 at least. And hey, it's gotta be better than season 7. 

I felt the song was okay. Didn't hit me as well as some of the other songs did, but I'm sure there'll be more to come throughout the season. Frankly, I'm more interested in how the new characters from all the races will play a part in the series. Will they become supporting cast members throughout multiple episodes (both during and after Season 8) like the CMC or will they just be characters that are only important to the Season 8 premiere and finale? I'm also wondering if Queen Novo and Princess Skystar will make an appearance given that Hippogriffs are joining the school and becoming part of the pony lore. And while I don't expect this inquiry to be answered, I'm also curious whether the show will explain how the Friendship School works in tandem with normal Ponyville school seeing how ponies are obviously included among the students. Maybe it's like a Weekend Camp sort of deal, but we'll have to find out later.

@PixelGrip94 
For the first question well I am sure they will appear in other episodes too in some capacity. Probably not as main characters but as characters for main cast to interact with and teach to. 

I doubt they will get Queen Novo and Skystar. I suspect those actors cost too much for a tv show appearance but I could be wrong. Also the Hippogrif representative along with Ember, Thorax and Yak prince did not looklike Queen Novo.

And no idea, think Friendship studies are advanced studies beyond elementary school. 

16 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

I doubt they will get Queen Novo and Skystar. I suspect those actors cost too much for a tv show appearance but I could be wrong.

I think it could be done. Uzo Aduba is not only from a current television series, Orange Is The New Black, but also played a role in Steven Universe not too long ago. And Kristen Chenoweth has been in her own tv roles from shows like The Good Wife, Pushing Daisies, and Glee. I think it's got more potential to happen than some of the other actors like Emily Blunt or Zoe Saldana.