Pinkie

My favorite things about E3

HEY EVERYPONY!!!

So, Microsoft had their conference, and it was awesome. These are my favorite things from their conference as well as one other thing. Please no hate from PC players. No one cares.

1. Project Scorpio!

This one was the best. Finally, the Xbox will be the most powerful console out there.

Here's the trailer:

2. Xbox One S

I'm excited for this one. I'm gonna try and buy this one hopefully. Just a smaller version of the Xbox One with 4K video output.

Trailer:

3. Play Anywhere Program

Basically, you buy on Xbox One, you get it on Windows 10 too. Also works the other way around.

Trailer: 

4.  The next update to Xbox One

Just a lot of new features coming to Xbox One that are really neat.

Preview:

5. Xbox Design Lab

Design your own controller. Includes Bluetooth for easy PC use.

Trailer:

Other: Battlefield 1 Gameplay Trailer/Livestream

Battlefield best game ever

Trailer:

Livestream/EA Play footage:

Good E3 for Xbox players. I'm not sure for Sony or PC people. I only watched the EA and Microsoft conference.

ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have never needed a game more in my life than this. Every day since the stream i've been reminded of how pathetic my existence is without it. Everything about that game is simply perfect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

1. Project Scorpio!

This one was the best. Finally, the Xbox will be the most powerful console out there.

Here's the trailer:

This is a curious thing.
4k gaming support? At what framerate? 30fps? They said 60Hz, but that's not fps, that's refresh rate. In order to handle 4k 60fps, the price has to be insane. Upwards of 800 USD.

---Oh hey, was that Todd Howard? Where's Elder Scrolls VI?

Will it have DisplayPort support? If so, how do they plan on getting that out to the average audience who still rely on HDMI?

Six teraflops is good, but will it be good enough?
"AMD's R9 390X pushes around 5.9 teraflops, but the card struggles with 4K at 30fps."

I'm thinking it'll handle 2k/1440p at 60fps and 4k/2160p at 30fps. Nothing more.

3 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

Good E3 for Xbox players. I'm not sure for Sony or PC people. I only watched the EA and Microsoft conference.

Funny. If anything PC people gained infinitely more from this ordeal. According to the presentation every title for Xbox One will be available on PCs with Windows 10, so basically... All your Exclusives are belong to us. Every reason to actually buy an Xbox One is now gone. You can buy a much more powerful and versatile computer for less than what an Xbox One costs (Good Guy AMD making powerful and affordable GPUs for $200).

48 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I'm thinking it'll handle 2k/1440p at 60fps and 4k/2160p at 30fps. Nothing more.

Even that's being generous, the release window for this is somewhere in 2017, but if they're announcing it now they have had the specs nailed down for a while and it definitely won't feature the latest generation chips.

I call incredibly exaggerated marketing on everything else.

The only real "4k" support this will probably have is video, or really old titles that can run on two potatoes wired together with a MOLEX connector and a VGA cable at 60+fps. There's no way they'll be able to stuff in 4k capable hardware at a reasonable price, or without it melting after 30 minutes of actual use.

Either way, knowing the tech in these they'll probably be using a 390x or a Fury die sewn together with 8 CPU cores on some abomination of an APU.

Oh and "Uncompressed Pixels"? My god that was THE dumbest thing I've heard all week, good job Microsoft.

• Like 1

Ubisoft is the only conference in E3 that swears... like... a lot

im also still glad that i have a PS4, sony is really lit this year and CRASH BANDICOOT SERIES REMAKE

definitely going to buy Watch Dogs 2 (or idk plead to my parents as my birthday/christmas present)

havent watched nintendo's yet... might do it later

13 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Funny. If anything PC people gained infinitely more from this ordeal. According to the presentation every title for Xbox One will be available on PCs with Windows 10, so basically... All your Exclusives are belong to us. Every reason to actually buy an Xbox One is now gone. You can buy a much more powerful and versatile computer for less than what an Xbox One costs (Good Guy AMD making powerful and affordable GPUs for $200).

Even that's being generous, the release window for this is somewhere in 2017, but if they're announcing it now they have had the specs nailed down for a while and it definitely won't feature the latest generation chips.

I call incredibly exaggerated marketing on everything else.

The only real "4k" support this will probably have is video, or really old titles that can run on two potatoes wired together with a MOLEX connector and a VGA cable at 60+fps. There's no way they'll be able to stuff in 4k capable hardware at a reasonable price, or without it melting after 30 minutes of actual use.

Either way, knowing the tech in these they'll probably be using a 390x or a Fury die sewn together with 8 CPU cores on some abomination of an APU.

Oh and "Uncompressed Pixels"? My god that was THE dumbest thing I've heard all week, good job Microsoft.

No one cares. If you think your PC is so great, then go play it and leave Xbox players alone.

9 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

No one cares. If you think your PC is so great, then go play it and leave Xbox players alone.

Hey, mate, I care. He wasn't rude to you, he was critiquing Microsoft's conference. Don't be rude to him.

4 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Hey, mate, I care. He wasn't rude to you, he was critiquing Microsoft's conference. Don't be rude to him.

Ignore him, he takes things way too personally. He was raving on the Discord all afternoon while arguing with 3 of us over this, Pinkie can't see reason if it hit him in the face sometimes.

13 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

Nothing of what I said above was directed at you Pinkie, we're all allowed to speculate freely on things that have been revealed this E3 so I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass while expressing my honest opinion on the matter.