AaronMk

Ambient - The Horse Game

So in case you never were told, or didn't know until then: there's a horse adventure game in the works by the name of Ambient: Prologue (or by some such means). Built by a team of two, the game tells the stories who two sisters who - due to copyright reasons - totally are NOT Celestia and Luna. The two-man strong studio goes by the name A Little Bit Different.

The Trailer:

It's of course in deep Alpha build, but it shows promise and a very professional touch. Even if the manes are fluffy as fuck.

One of the features of the game will be a spell-casting system based on key-pressed serving as magic words being spoken to channel the magic. And if you can sit through some cringy jokes tbqh, then this LP of the alpha-build demo does showcase the magic system in its entirety and some other things:

If you also remember Mr. MojoRising from the old, old Equestria Daily servers, then I'mma point out that he has done - or is doing - a commentary-less playthrough of another Alpha Build, this time with a few features missing from the above added into the game and then some (there are hats and gems to collect and an in game encyclopedia added with the spell combos listed, as opposed to listing them in the pause menu).

It's about thirty minutes of playing around but it's a well enough exploration I figure to get anyone interested.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/dreamwings?ty=h

.com: http://albdifferent.com/

And while I'm here:

Hmm, yeah I remember this. It looked great from the first few videos I saw a while ago. Not a huge fan of how they handled the manes, there is a thing called too much detail, especially in comparison to the character models they use. In any case that's just me being nitpick-y. 

A beta you say? Well, I'll have to give it a shot later, definitely looks very promising though.

9 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Hmm, yeah I remember this. It looked great from the first few videos I saw a while ago. Not a huge fan of how they handled the manes, there is a thing called too much detail, especially in comparison to the character models they use. In any case that's just me being nitpick-y. 

A beta you say? Well, I'll have to give it a shot later, definitely looks very promising though.

Alpha preview now, complete with combat. A bit of it showcased in the second post I threw out in that update there.

And to knowingly double post, additional content from ol' Mojo in regards to the Alpha demo:

" This is the part where the game shows off its puzzle-platforming muscle, with lots of hidden switches crucial to progressing waiting to be found. This is also the point where I started running into some interesting bugs, be it by Fraps, me acting dumb, or whatever. The part around 2:25 seems to happen if you save and reload the game - doing that seems to reset a lot of things. If you're into the combat portions of this beta, you'll love the next (and final!) part. "

Damn. I was going to make a thread on this. I made one on MLP Forums, but just alot people saying it was going to be copyrighted.

I support them on Patreon. The beta was pretty cool. I am excited for where this is going :D

It looks awesome and so far is fun just wish it was more compatible with my laptop. Idk what it is but I can't play to the highest quality without it being slow.

55 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Damn. I was going to make a thread on this. I made one on MLP Forums, but just alot people saying it was going to be copyrighted.

I support them on Patreon. The beta was pretty cool. I am excited for where this is going :D

It looks awesome and so far is fun just wish it was more compatible with my laptop. Idk what it is but I can't play to the highest quality without it being slow.

It could be an optimization problem. If so, I imagine it'd get worked out later.

3 minutes ago, AaronMk said:

It could be an optimization problem. If so, I imagine it'd get worked out later.

Tru that might be it. Because the first beta they had for patrons didn't work well at all. The second one released for everyone work great at low quality

3 hours ago, AaronMk said:

The name of the project has been changed to Ambient.White, and they released a gameplay preview.

Yea saw it a week ago on Patreon. I AM 100% PSYCHED!