Dsiak

Developing

Hello everypony! I was just wondering, anypony here have ever worked in developing a game? I was dreaming of collaborating through the internet since there is no game studio I could join for internship right now. I bet I'm not alone in this dream right?

But I have zero experience and zero clues! How do you even start a colab? Is there a wall where they put some recruiting paper or is it like a secret society of chosen ones? Are colab projects usually born from a group of friends or they tend to seek out for random ponies? Should I just snatch something on github and start editing? hmm... that would be weird. anyway...

I would love to hear the story from someone who did it once, even if it was a small contribution to the final project. How you got in, what you did and how was it.

So I am actually going to Rochester Institute of Technology for Game Design and Development. First off if you want to start working with someone you need to come up with an idea of some sort of what you are going to work on. I would highly recommend you do some personal research into Game Design and that is just game design in general not just video games before you start trying to move into working with some one. Also if you are looking to make a game you could share around you best beginners bet is the learn so C# and work in Unity which will be free for you. If you want to do any modeling you can get blender off of Steam. As for your comment about Github, yes it is very useful to look at someone else's work but your core idea needs to be constructed by you first.

• Like 2

A Little Bit Different is looking for volunteers to help build Ambient.Prologue. But going into that is going to imply you have pre-existing game design knowledge and expertise. More so in the field of 3d animation since they *really* need an animator last I checked; they only got one.

But here's their volunteer page just in case you want to look. You can explore the site further if not.

8 hours ago, Dsiak said:

Hello everypony! I was just wondering, anypony here have ever worked in developing a game? I was dreaming of collaborating through the internet since there is no game studio I could join for internship right now. I bet I'm not alone in this dream right?

But I have zero experience and zero clues! How do you even start a colab? Is there a wall where they put some recruiting paper or is it like a secret society of chosen ones? Are colab projects usually born from a group of friends or they tend to seek out for random ponies? Should I just snatch something on github and start editing? hmm... that would be weird. anyway...

I would love to hear the story from someone who did it once, even if it was a small contribution to the final project. How you got in, what you did and how was it.

I know there's one account on here that's working on a mobile game(appears the account is ded on here for a while, tho)