DictatorDuck

World of Tanks

5 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

I downloaded it on my Xbone but it was really confusing and i haven't played it in months.

It requires tactics. While it varies from nation to nation generally the play style is:

Light tanks: flank and scout

Medium tanks: support

Heavy tanks: push

Tank destroyers: snipe

SPG: Anti camp

In addition here are some tips:

1. Never assume your tank is too small or too fast

2. Don't over extend 

3. Use bushes to hide 

4. Try to make sure your entire team doesn't go the same way

On 07/07/2016 at 5:10 PM, MoltenKitten said:

It requires tactics. While it varies from nation to nation generally the play style is:

Light tanks: flank and scout

Medium tanks: support

Heavy tanks: push

Tank destroyers: snipe

SPG: Anti camp

In addition here are some tips:

1. Never assume your tank is too small or too fast

2. Don't over extend 

3. Use bushes to hide 

4. Try to make sure your entire team doesn't go the same way

It happens more like this when I play:
Lights: active/aggressive scout, which gets oneshot by an arty.

Medium tanks: Mid range scouting/shooting and flanking until killed by arty.

Heavy tanks: Bounce shots, do damage on short to mid range. Get focused by arty.

Tank destroyer: long range sniping in lightly armoured TDs, frontline fighter in heavily armoured TDs. Get spotted at 450m range from behind a bush with 100% camo crew, camo net and camo paint in E 25 because a scout apparently is able to get 1 km view range. Get killed by arty no matter what.

Arty/SPG: Miss every shot, unless I'm in my FV 304. Get killed by arty, rushed by scout or both.

Arty has really been a big issue for me, especially the M44 (A.K.A. HEAT44). I can move reatically in scouts and fast mediums and still get hit by arty. Spotting mechanics has been an ass, with me not being able to spot a KV-5 until it was 200m away on the south-western road on Malinovka whildt driving my Bromwell, which has crossed the 450m view range cap with binos.

And a few extra helpful tips to extend the list:

5. If you're in a fast tank, remember to move eratically to minimalize the chance of getting hit when spotted.

6. Do not park in the bushes, but rather behind them, as to cover more of your tank.

7. Let your gun aim, unless you know you're going to die in a splitsecond.

8. Remember to angle your armour and sidescrape in heavily armoured tanks, as it increases armour thickness.

9. If you can't penetrate an enemy tank, try aiming for weak spots. These are typically the lower glacis of the front armour, machine gun pots or commander's cupolas.

10. If you're using a high calibre gun with low AP pen, load lots of HE. HE will do damage, even if it doesn't penetrate.

i used to, and i would still play it if the connection here was more stable.
almost every battle i had 999ms ping several times.
had to switch to the mobile broadband through my iPad, but as i only have 5gb available each month, i fear that limit may be exceeded too fast along with regular use.
should learn how much i have left with normal use each month and play according to that...

anyway, my highest tier tank is 8, Tiger II, several 7's, and tons of below.
but i may try it again soon, as soon as i'm done with Nuka World (F4's latest DLC), feel free to send a poke to Olsen1987 (that should be my in-game name).

Yeah, I play on the ASIA server. Highest tier tank is the IS-8 (T-10). Username is the same in WoT as on this forum. Looking forward to see you guys on the battlefield. Don't be afraid to PM me to play WoT.

I play tanks on pc NA have 20k battles been in a few CW and have 9 tr 10's now user name is still boombeartree probably be grinding some obj 263 line these 2 weeks while its on track