Rainbow Swirl

What Is the Best Zelda game ever made. (main series and spin-off games)

For my part it's Twilight Princess, even if my very first Zelda was Ocarina Of Time, and still love each Zelda 3D (I don't consider DS episodes like true Zelda games).

Best? Who knows. For me favorite one remains Link to the Past. Majora's Mask is probably the most ambitious and creative but I was a annoyed by the amount of side-quests  and day repeating mechanic.

I didn't get to play Zelda games past GBA and 64 ones so I have no idea about Twilight or Wind Waker and both seem interesting. 

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I've always thought Wind Waker was the best since I first played it, mostly due to the art style.

Obviously this isn't the greatest Zelda title(s). In fact it could be one of the worst video games ever. It was released in October of 1993 for the Philips CD-i. Whenever I come across a Zelda discussion I always feel the need to mention it. As far as the greatest Zelda title it's a toss up b/t Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. Seriously, watch that if you haven't already.

I have yet to play Breath of the Wild, but I feel like it's sure to be my favorite. Right now it's a real toss up. I love each title for a different reason. Big examples that come to mind are:

A Link to the Past: endless nostalgic feelings, it was the game I gave to my big brother when he left to join the Marines and I never got to see him again...

Majora's Mask: haunting me for a lifetime, genuine sense of dread, so much creativity for a rushed product

Wind Waker: timeless art style had a permanent effect on my tastes, the sense of adventure was unmatched, and gave characters interesting personalities

Twilight Princess: the first game I ever experienced true hype for in watching trailers, waiting for a system to come out to play it on, and discovered YouTube while trying to find trailers of it.

Spirit Tracks: the love story made me cry, this game distracted me during the darkest period of my life, led to me discovering fan fiction, and even eventually MLP

Link Between Worlds: the more open world feeling, smooth 60FPS in a world jam-packed with stuff to do, and sense of growth over the adventure.

But gameplay-wise, Breath of the Wild seems like everything I've wanted Zelda to be. Timeless, gorgeous graphics, a world to get lost in, and no strict rules to follow. Just me on an adventure. Going my own pace. Solving mysteries, fighting evil, falling in love with a magical princess. Sounds like the video game fantasy genre perfected.