WanderPony

Fuck the hackers

Not sure if this topic is breaking any rules or not, but I'm sorry, I just HAVE to vent.

Fuck those stupid impatient hackers who ruined the potential surprises of Season 8 and G5. Remember when we weren't sure whether or not FIM would continue into the twenties or not? And the very existence of G5 was in question? Well, those are no longer questions or surprises.

And dodging spoilers isn't as easy as you think, considering S8 and G5 art keep popping up on DA, and spoilery tumblr posts keep popping up in my tumblr feed as well. Even Equestria Daily likes to post spoilery content.

So, fuck those hackers to the grave for their illegal actions that ruined Hasbro's hard work at keeping us surprised.

That is all.

I don't think Hasbro cares or is really trying. They're internet security has proven to be pretty god awful, and they have no intention of updating it. Until they do, Slavbro will forever be able to get da bige scoop.

Best not complain, it's all part of Mr Bones' Wild Ride.

1 hour ago, WanderPony said:

And dodging spoilers isn't as easy as you think, considering S8 and G5 art keep popping up on DA, and spoilery tumblr posts keep popping up in my tumblr feed as well. Even Equestria Daily likes to post spoilery content.

Here's a solution: Don't go to DA.

I've been just fine not getting spoiled by anything.a

6 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

Here's a solution: Don't go to DA.

I've been just fine not getting spoiled by anything.a

But DA is one of my favorite sites. I have a lot of stuff posted there, and a lot of friends.

This is another thing I hate about the hackers. Now I'm being told to stop visiting my favorite sites!

Well not everyone is as patient as you might be and internet's principal use is to spread memes and lolis share info at high speed, so even if you want to dodge spoilers, you'll eventually come across it at some point.

What else is there to say except sorry you got spoiled ?

Existence of Gen 5 was never in question for years and FIM was never going to go past the year of 2020. The extension after season 3, the original end, happened years ago so decision to reach 9th season is quite old. In this regard leaks didn't do anything and Gen 5 isn't spoiled as there is nothing to actually be spoiled. Anything you see about Gen 5 is made up, misunderstanding of leaked information or random pieces of concept art. 

Season 8 spoiling is a different matter. But I would like to point out that Hasbro was the first one to spoil Season 8 on Hascon with animatic of an early episode. We knew about mane six being teachers in a school months before the leak, there was no surprise. 

Also I had to intentionally look for the leaks, otherwise I mostly encountered Gen 5 drama which is honestly ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Cinder Vel said:

Season 8 spoiling is a different matter. But I would like to point out that Hasbro was the first one to spoil Season 8 on Hascon with animatic of an early episode. We knew about mane six being teachers in a school months before the leak, there was no surprise. 

And then you have guys like me, who heard about the leak, and then proceeded to say "oh, there was a leak? That's unfortunate" before not caring and just ignoring the several spoilers shoved right in front of me, even as I'm responding to them

• Like 2

I don't think I've gone into an MLP episode since the Original Binge without having a pretty good idea what its deal would be. Synopses get posted in advance on EQD, and whenever they try to be coy about it like 'Ooooh an old villain might show up, WONDER WHICH ONE IT'LL BE?' there's a bunch of fan discussion and we all pretty much get it narrowed down to one or two likely candidates. Being on the internet, you get the Enhanced Pony Experience, and the Enhanced experience doesn't particularly care in what order you get the information. Springboarding off what Frécinette said, the whole pony network you're plugged into is going to throw that shit at your face as soon as it becomes available.

It sucks if you want to go into an episode blind. It does! You can avoid it to some extent, but the more you're involved in the community, the harder it gets. But you know what? Life is absolutely brimming with shitty compromises. You've got to sell the better part of your life so you can afford to eat, good shows get cancelled early or become a mockery of their former selves, people die young for stupid reasons, and sometimes you get blamed for shit you had no control over. You go to college because that's the next step after high school and just kind of what everyone expects you to do, even though you don't know what you want out of life. You sign up for a huge loan way before you're responsible enough to be trusted with that kind of money, and you major in English because you think you're going to be a successful novelist and that's the closest thing to your stupid idealistic dreams. Then you find out those classes are a bunch of hot air and because no one's forcing you to go anymore and you can't fall asleep until 4 am anyway because there's always an obnoxious room party going on, so you start to skip the morning ones and hope you can scrape a passing grade by testing well. Next thing you know your grades are in the toilet, you're up to your eyeballs in debt and wondering where it all went wrong. You change majors to something less soft, but you don't study outside of class because you've never had to, your grades were fine in high school without trying, so you don't do too well at this, either, and the debt keeps mounting and you feel like you've made no progress toward anything in two years so you drop out. Now you've got no degree and negative money, and you can't get hired for anything rewarding with no marketable skills so it's time to find a menial labor job and get paid as little as they can get away with to help realize the dreams of someone who was able to work the system a lot better than you did, or maybe just got born into the right family. Every day you come home too tired to do anything, and every week you're just waiting for that small window when the world will leave you alone for a couple days. A few days every week to recover and breathe and do whatever you feel like doing.

Uhhhh, so that got a little real. What was I talking about? Right, shitty compromises. They're everywhere. I agree that the hacks were not a positive development, but they don't "ruin" what this adorable little cartoon is for me. Other people might be more invested in the magic of discovery, but I'm fine getting some details early. It's the price of being on the internet. Whatever. I'm just happy to be home and watching the show. Oh, [redacted] is coming back in Season 8? That's cool. I wonder what the writers'll do with them.