VG_Addict

The movie didn't get nominated.

The other night at the Oscars, the MLP Movie didn't even get nominated for an award. Can you believe that? Yet Boss Baby did. Surely, the MLP Movie was at least more deserving of a nomination than that movie. 

Jameson: Oscars

Peter: The MLP Movie

Really though, the Oscars are just as much of a joke as Spike TV's Annual Video Game Awards, they're utter trash.

• Like 1

Last I checked the movie didn't have any big-name actors who are the Oscar's favorites (the Academy's own), nor deal with a story that the Academy likes (themselves, or business). It was also, by all accounts, a pretty mediocre film; but so too does Boss Baby but at least Boss Baby had at least one of the two or more qualities that makes an Oscar nomination or award far more likely.

In the end, realize it's Spectacle of the highest order and free yourself from this dead media of living dead images.

Honestly, I don't think much of the Oscars; it's effectively a Hollywood circle-jerk show. The fact that My Little Pony: The Movie didn't get nominated doesn't affect me too much, regardless of whether it deserved it or not.

• Like 1

Hearing MLP made a good profit was heartwarming enough for me. There was a lot of love around this movie, by the actresses/actors and the fans and I'm proud of that.