VG_Addict

About the Student Six. (SPOILERS)

I'm worried the Student Six won't get much development, and we won't get to see their friendships grow over the course of the season. I know they became friends in the premiere, but I'd like to see episodes focused on them becoming closer. I mean, the Mane Six became friends in the S1 premiere, but they still frequently conflicted with each other and had to learn to be closer friends throughout the season. It helped to make their friendships feel organic as we watched it grow.

Looking at the S8 episode synopses, I don't see a lot of episodes about the Student Six becoming closer friends.

Yes, the Hearth's Warming episode mentions the students bonding over memories of home, and a later episode mentions them working together to explore a part of the school

, but 3-4 episodes aren't enough to show them becoming better friends. This worries me because 

the S8 finale centers on the CMC and the Student Six. I feel like because we don't get to see the Student Six grow closer, the finale won't have as much weight, since we won't feel a connection for them like we would for the Mane Six

I. don't know, maybe I'm worrying over nothing. What do you think?

I think you might be worrying over nothing.

In MLP standards, 3-4 episodes, if done right, can be enough for them to bond.

I mean, they'll never be like the Mane Six, unless we get a whole spin-off series with them. But it should be enough to get the point across. I think. (Kind of in the same way some people think that Starlight Glimmer will never belong with the Mane Six).

To me, the finale is going to have about as much weight as it always has. It's a given with MLP, for me.

Though, I'm pain to please, and I'm looking forward to it. So, you may just be fine.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:45 PM, Metemponychosis said:

I think you might be worrying over nothing.

Hide contents

In MLP standards, 3-4 episodes, if done right, can be enough for them to bond.

I mean, they'll never be like the Mane Six, unless we get a whole spin-off series with them. But it should be enough to get the point across. I think. (Kind of in the same way some people think that Starlight Glimmer will never belong with the Mane Six).

Hide contents

To me, the finale is going to have about as much weight as it always has. It's a given with MLP, for me.

Though, I'm pain to please, and I'm looking forward to it. So, you may just be fine.

I have to agree. Plus, the Season finale could be the final piece needed to make their relationship really work. We won't really know until the Season finishes, but I'm not worried. Than again, I'm kind of the opposite and pretty easy to please when it comes to the show. There's very few episodes across the series that I see no redeeming qualities about.