Steamworks

Bronycon 2017

41 posts in this topic

In one year, we'll be enjoying another Bronycon. Might as well get the ball rolling and start saving your pennies now.

Right now, regular badges are discounted at $60. Not sure when it'll go up.

1 person likes this

Bee tee dubs, saving a mere $10/week starting now would give you a budget of ~$500. If you're cheap/clever/live nearby, that's a perfectly viable con budget.

1 person likes this

I for one can't wait for this I have been going to bronycon since 2014 and since then it has been a yearly tradition for me to keep going. Hopefully I can save up enough money so half my trip won't be me worrying how I'm ever gonna pay off my credit card bill like the last two years.

1 person likes this

Buddy and I are trying out first suits for Bronycon 2017, can't wait!

1 person likes this

There are a few of us from the site that go ever year.  More then likely we will be going again.

I hope I can make next years, I had to miss out on this years due to moving down south and having to start looking for a new job. =C

I'll be there again like I have been every year since it was in NYC. You can often find me down in the vendor's hall at the Con Store/Swag Shop. Or strolling around in my Derpy fursuit.

*sigh* I've been to bronycon 2k16, but due to living in southeast asia, I can't go regularly. It was a big coincidence that Bronycon was happening when I was in America, and even though I could only go to Bronycon for one day, it was amazing and I really enjoyed it. Hope you all who are going will enjoy it too!

Bronycon 2017 will be my first time going there and i'm pretty sure i have enough money to go and have a good time. The only problem is that i dont have people to go with since i dont really have friends irl who enjoy the show.. so hopefully i'll make a group or find one so we can hang out there and make new friends 

Well look to see if there are any meetup groups in your area that are going. I certainly saw a few people from my local meetup group at Bronycon 2016. 

But as it was said earlier, there's a few people on this site that go every year. So if the local connections thing doesn't work out, you can try saying hello to us nerds.

I would love that but since there are no brony meetups where I live, I don't really know that many people.. a better option would be to just ask people here who's going and then meet them there and make new friends and stuff like that

20 hours ago, Violet_S said:

Bronycon 2017 will be my first time going there and i'm pretty sure i have enough money to go and have a good time. The only problem is that i dont have people to go with since i dont really have friends irl who enjoy the show.. so hopefully i'll make a group or find one so we can hang out there and make new friends 

One of the biggest reasons to go to cons is to meet online friends and do things together, it's a huge motivating factor to go to a convention.  Many of us from EQD will be going, I'm sure we can all hang out! :3

1 minute ago, "User" said:

One of the biggest reasons to go to cons is to meet online friends and do things together, it's a huge motivating factor to go to a convention.  Many of us from EQD will be going, I'm sure we can all hang out! :3

That would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to going there next year ^.^ 

I'm there every year and next year will be no exception :chillin:

1 person likes this

Too bad I live too far away T-T

But I hope one day I'll be able to meet you guys there :( 

Have a lot of fun at the BronyCon ^^

2 people like this

Does anybody ever go to "day zero" events like the bar trot or... I think I heard about some kind of tour of the inner harbor that cost a lot of money, but idk. I always get there at least a day early. Thought it would be nice if maybe we could start celebrating early if some others are also going to be in town early.

:fiesta:

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Resinite said:

Does anybody ever go to "day zero" events like the bar trot or... I think I heard about some kind of tour of the inner harbor that cost a lot of money, but idk. I always get there at least a day early. Thought it would be nice if maybe we could start celebrating early if some others are also going to be in town early.

:fiesta:

I've done the bar trot every year, it's a lot of fun and something to kill time before Friday...if you like to drink and hang out with fellow ponies that is. :3

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, "User" said:

I've done the bar trot every year, it's a lot of fun and something to kill time before Friday...if you like to drink and hang out with fellow ponies that is. :3

Very much so. I've done the bar trot for the past three years, and I've only heard about other day zero things going on but I don't know anything specific. I think cakes were involved with something this year xD

But yeah... I love meeting new peeps over a few drinks... or many drinks :P

1 person likes this

Let's just hang out in a hotel room and drink until we puke. 

49 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Let's just hang out in a hotel room and drink until we puke. 

Not just in a hotel room though...

1 hour ago, "User" said:

Not just in a hotel room though...

Drink and hurl everywhere?

I was under the impression that drunkenly sleeping in bathrooms other than your own was a social faux pas. 

16 minutes ago, Resinite said:

Drink and hurl everywhere?

No, only newbies can't control their liquor.  Bar hopping is a thing, but if ponies don't want to do that then drinking and later socializing around the con center would be fine.