Steamworks

Bronycon 2017

41 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, "User" said:

No, only newbies can't control their liquor.  Bar hopping is a thing, but if ponies don't want to do that then drinking and later socializing around the con center would be fine.

Plenty of people choose to drink at the Hilton's bar rather "trotting," and I've made drinks in my room and brought them down to share with friends in the lobby before. Who knows, that might be all I do next year. I'll just have to see how I feel when the time comes.

8 hours ago, Resinite said:

Plenty of people choose to drink at the Hilton's bar rather "trotting," and I've made drinks in my room and brought them down to share with friends in the lobby before. Who knows, that might be all I do next year. I'll just have to see how I feel when the time comes.

Its far cheaper just to walk 2 blocks and buy booze at that local liquor store and mix rather than blow 10 bucks on each drink at the hiltons bar

9 hours ago, "User" said:

Its far cheaper just to walk 2 blocks and buy booze at that local liquor store and mix rather than blow 10 bucks on each drink at the hiltons bar

Affirmative.

Last time I entered that store, there were two cops investigating a robbery. I'd only go during daylight hours, it's a wee bit of a rough area anyway xD

3 hours ago, Resinite said:

Affirmative.

Last time I entered that store, there were two cops investigating a robbery. I'd only go during daylight hours, it's a wee bit of a rough area anyway xD

It has that rough vibe/appearance during the day but there are so many people that visit it, especially around convention time, that's it's pretty safe.

I don't remember any area near the con center looking that sketchy. Maybe that's because I'm a simple country bumpkin.

Things don't really get that rough until you walk several blocks north of the convention center and inner harbor area.

Looks like I missed the announcement, but hotel reservations are open. The Hilton is already full. 

27 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Looks like I missed the announcement, but hotel reservations are open. The Hilton is already full. 

If it's anything like the last two years it would be more advantageous to be at the Sheraton given it's proximity to important places like the Vendor hall.

Don't be discouraged if you had your heart set on the Hilton. Rooms could open up, and there might still be rooms available even now, depending on how you tried to book one. In years past their website told me they were full, but a phone call got me room.

1 hour ago, Resinite said:

Don't be discouraged if you had your heart set on the Hilton. Rooms could open up, and there might still be rooms available even now, depending on how you tried to book one. In years past their website told me they were full, but a phone call got me room.

I can't remember but in the past did they not open up more blocks at the Hilton after the first one sold out?  Also, I think a non-refundable first night's deposit could help alleviate the problem for people who want to book a hotel and who are 100% going.  It's standard practice in some places like Vegas.

18 hours ago, "User" said:

I can't remember but in the past did they not open up more blocks at the Hilton after the first one sold out?  Also, I think a non-refundable first night's deposit could help alleviate the problem for people who want to book a hotel and who are 100% going.  It's standard practice in some places like Vegas.

People canceling their reservations, I mean. 

So who's planning on it so far?

I may be living in South East Asia, serving my national service, but as Celestia as my witness, I will go this year! Oh? National Day weekend? Ive wanted to go since 2012, and every year something blocks me! Do you think that will stop me? 

By the way, I would like some help in making some kind of cosplay/fursuit thingy, I have no idea where to start. 

Posted (edited)

So looks like my brother and I can attend again for this year's Bronycon meetup.

Just figured I'd check up on the status of things. Whether you guys plan to share rooms and the like similar to last year.

Probably would have chimed in earlier, but it's been a trying couple of months between my Grandfather's injuries and then his death. 

EDIT: Been over two months since I posted this and not a reply, poke, PM, or anything. I guess that's a negatory on any plans?

Edited by DawnOfNoob