Rainbow Swirl

What Is The Best MLP: FIM Song

Some rules: no cover songs, no songs under 30 seconds ( cuz those aren't really a song), and songs that are just music is allowed. Also, please put what episode and season that song is from. SO, favorite song is "stop the bats" from Season 4, Episode 7, Bats. This song is really catchy and I love how it's a duet that's also a debate between if the bats should stay or go.

Hmmm for me personally..I would have to go with "This Day Aria" from A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2..the Season Finale of Season 2. I say this because that song felt different in tone from every other song prior to that one. Two ponies (Well..an alicorn and a changeling queen to be exact) singing off of each other and giving an indication to their motives and feelings. I am not gonna lie, I could feel the emotion from both of them as they sung, leaving me mesmerized by the performance. I could not help but listen to it multiple times after it came out, as it was so good.

I think it was those episodes..song included..that really showed what MLP:FiM was capable of doing. Those episodes raised the bar for that show in regards to a story line and emotional impact..a bar that remained where it was until the end of Season 4 in my opinion.

This Day Aria is one of those songs that will get into your head and never leave..a song that you will find yourself listening to again and again, even singing to yourself.

• Like 1

Got to go with the ones that still get in my head on a weekly basis, despite not having seen the episodes for however long (I usually don't watch them more than 2-3 times). Winter Wrap-Up, Pinkie's song in the first episode, that one about the Mane 6 needing help with their mixed-up cutie mark callings in Magical Mystery Cure, and the Smile Song. I would also like to echo Crimson Fire in saying that the This Day Aria is a great piece of music.

That's right, I didn't choose a single favorite OR bother to look up the song names I didn't know. Friendhorse don't play by NOBODY'S rules. :dealwithit:

I feel more like wanting to write a list than pick a best song. True, True Friend? This Day Aria? Smile Song? We' Got This Together? Time To Be Awesome? Say Good Bye to the Holiday? In Our Town? We're Not Flawless? 

:flutterdear:
Do I have to say which episode really? I mean we all know them. Well ok "We Got This Together" and "Time To Be Awesome" are from the movie in case someone didn't watch it. 

• Like 1

Ugh, hard pick... here's a couple,just so I don't list every single song from the first two seasons:

Season 1 episode 26: "At the Gala"

Season 2 episode 7: "Find a Pet Song"

Season 2 episode 15: "The Flim Flam Brothers"

Season 2 episode 25-26: "This Day Aria"

Season 4 episode 8: "Generosity"

Season 6 episode 8: "Seeds of the Past"

Season 6 episode 8: "Pinkie's Present"

Right now the best song in my opinion is the Smile, Smile, Smile song, but that normally changes depending on how I'm feeling because there are soo many other great songs.

I would also like to bring up another song. This isn't the best, but it takes first place for most repeated - the MLP FiM theme song.

"My little pony, my little pony, what is friendship all about?"

"My little pony, my little pony..." you have asked this question over 150x!

The funny thing is I never skip it either. My mind normally wonders off though because I've heard it more than 1,000 times.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AnalyticalGamer said:

Right now the best song in my opinion is the Smile, Smile, Smile song, but that normally changes depending on how I'm feeling because there are soo many other great songs.

I would also like to bring up another song. This isn't the best, but it takes first place for most repeated - the MLP FiM theme song.

"My little pony, my little pony, what is friendship all about?"

"My little pony, my little pony..." you have asked this question over 150x!

The funny thing is I never skip it either. My mind normally wonders off though because I've heard it more than 1,000 times.

Funny. The theme song IS one of my favorite song in the cartoon. But I just didn't think of it as a 'candidate' for best song.

I too, never skip it, and often find myself murmuring it's tune, after watching an episode.

Man... Daniel Ingram does such a great job in this cartoon.

• Like 1

Pinkie's Lament. i love how it goes from a sad song to triumphant as Pinkie remembers the happy feelings her parties created. I also love Out On My Own because it's Apple Bloom's solo and she's still my favorite character. But there are many great ones like Winter Wrap Up and Find A Pet. It's honestly hard to chose a fave! :)

• Like 3