KennyTAG

What is your favorite horror game and what is it about?

What is your favorite horror game and why? Mine is Layers of Fear. I like this game so much because it has an amazing soundtrack, the graphics are really nice, the story matches the game play (rather than just be some random story just so there is a story line) and some of the jumpscares still get me. One thing that I didn't like about the game was that I ended up liking the demo way more than the full game and DLC. The full game just seemed to be a stretched out edition to the demo and it could've added new elements that it didn't have in the demo.

:derpydance:

• Like 1

Dunno, horror games are not something that I find enjoying. Most of the scary games kinda aren't that scary considering you can usually just kill the monster. And jump scares are just a cheap trick that is more annoying than scary. 

Anyway I am going with Half Life. Specifically the water parts of the game. Ichthyosaur was one creature that really was threatening and scary in it's behavior and I always dreaded to be caught in water with it. 

• Like 2

Here comes the pony that cannot make up his mind!

Okay seriously, I cannot come up with one.

- Resident EVII. . The best horror game I have played recently. It's fresh and at the same time reminiscent of first three REs. Too bad I never got a chance to experience it in VR.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can already envision all of you thinking right now "What? Amnesia? Seriously?". Well let me tell you one thing: I played this game on PC and managed to beat it. And then after some time it popped up as PS Plus free game. I thought to myself "Why not. I played it before, it won't be as scary as it was the first time."

(5-7 minutes of gameplay later...)

"I take it back! This game is still scary as hay!"

This is an extremely rare case in my life when something scary STAYS scary over time. And I have problems with finding something scary enough. Even RE7: for as great that game is, it never scared me after first playthrough.

- Alone in the Dark (1992). It's history! And let's be honest: RE1 took A LOT from this game, not Sweet Home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Dunno, horror games are not something that I find enjoying. Most of the scary games kinda aren't that scary considering you can usually just kill the monster. And jump scares are just a cheap trick that is more annoying than scary. 

Anyway I am going with Half Life. Specifically the water parts of the game. Ichthyosaur was one creature that really was threatening and scary in it's behavior and I always dreaded to be caught in water with it. 

I'm playing Half Life 2 right now. It's really fun so far. Never played the original. And I agree that some horror games aren't scary because they over use jumpscares, and the monsters can be killed.

2 hours ago, Light Blade said:

Here comes the pony that cannot make up his mind!

Okay seriously, I cannot come up with one.

- Resident EVII. . The best horror game I have played recently. It's fresh and at the same time reminiscent of first three REs. Too bad I never got a chance to experience it in VR.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can already envision all of you thinking right now "What? Amnesia? Seriously?". Well let me tell you one thing: I played this game on PC and managed to beat it. And then after some time it popped up as PS Plus free game. I thought to myself "Why not. I played it before, it won't be as scary as it was the first time."

(5-7 minutes of gameplay later...)

"I take it back! This game is still scary as hay!"

This is an extremely rare case in my life when something scary STAYS scary over time. And I have problems with finding something scary enough. Even RE7: for as great that game is, it never scared me after first playthrough.

- Alone in the Dark (1992). It's history! And let's be honest: RE1 took A LOT from this game, not Sweet Home.

Never played Alone in the Dark, but Resident Evil, and Amnesia are fantastic horror games. I'm watching youtube videos of Amnesia Custom Stories right now. 

• Like 1

Without a doubt Silent Hill, especially the 3rd one. The series in general is basically people experiencing hell through their dreams and having to defeat monsters throughout the way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KennyTAG said:

I'm playing Half Life 2 right now. It's really fun so far. Never played the original. And I agree that some horror games aren't scary because they over use jumpscares, and the monsters can be killed.

Half Life 2 is fun but for me Half Life 1 will always be closer. One of the earliest games I played and I like the Black Mesa more than Eastern Europe mesh up. Also more dealing with aliens in Half Life 1 instead of human and human looking enemies.

I suppose original game is too old for you to enjoy so I suggest Black Mesa mod that recreates Half Life 1 in Half Life 2 engine. I mean hey it is legally free as long as you have source engine game. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, Trainboy1621 said:

Without a doubt Silent Hill, especially the 3rd one. The series in general is basically people experiencing hell through their dreams and having to defeat monsters throughout the way. 

Silent Hill is such a great game series. My favorite is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.