PinkiePie97

Season 8, Episode 5: Grannies Gone Wild

Title: Grannies Gone Wild

Synopsis: Granny Smith and her friends head to Las Pegasus. Rainbow Dash tags along as a chaperone so she can ride the best rollercoaster ever before it closes.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 2

I liked today's episode. My new favorite Granny Smith episode, and one of my favorite Rainbow Dash episodes after Sonic Rainboom and Read It And Weep. 8.5/10.

• Like 5

One of the most tense episodes I've ever seen so far. Rainbow Dash clearly had a hard time with her choices. Good thing everything was resolved in the end though. 

• Like 4

The Rainbow Dash parts were a bit simplistic and repetitive for my tastes, but all those granny shenanigans are the good stuff. Clearly a "Golden Girls" reference, which of course makes me think I ought to watch "Golden Girls." Fun stuff! 

• Like 3

This is the cutest episode I've seen in awhile. Rainbow's excitement was charming and I loved how active and fun all the grannies were. Favorite moments include Apple Rose dancing, Applesaucy joke, and the wall-eyed tabby cat 'judging' Rainbow. (Also Jackpot is totally Trixie's dad.)

• Like 3

Looks like Applejack still has a bit of a protective streak left over from "Somepony To Watch Over Me", if the list she gave RD is any indication.

Good episode, though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

That was a mistake.

Mistake or not, it's canon now!

Also Dash, I love you, but you've got to stop letting other ponies turn you into buzzkill with their unintentional mind games, i.e. this episode, Flight to the Finish

• Like 1

Pretty good episode. Loved them grannies.

For the rollercoaster or not, Dash DID try to keep them safe according to AJs rules. That was nice to see.

Also, Spooky Scary AJ head was funny :lol:

• Like 1

@Trainboy1621 Yayyyyy Rick and Morty are horses

Also the article refers to Rainbow Dash as "some young pony". Well, now. Clearly this writer likes to maintain an objective distance from their subject matter. Wouldn't want to look like some brony by knowing the names. She's only the most iconic friggin' pony in the show. I hope that columnist sticks to arts & entertainment; it'll cause a lot of confusion if they ever write a more serious piece and refer to Donald Trump as "the orange one that came after the brown one" or Christians as "fans of that hairy Middle-Eastern guy".

• Like 1

Awesome episode! Miss Dash was great, so was spooky AJ. Would very much like to see more Golden Girls episodes with the grannies in the future!

• Like 2

Do you know when you're confused about something, but you think you like it, even though  you can't really put your finger on WHY? That is exactly how I feel about this episode.

I think that the pacing is fine, the characters are fine, the new characters are welcome and charming as they should, and all the rest that goes into an episode is fine. But there is something about the plot that feels disjointed to me. It's something I'm used to seeing when someone commissions a story but the writer isn't really feeling the idea and it ends up just weird.

I like it, but at the same time feel like there is something wrong with it, and I can't explain exactly what it is that bothers me.

Eh... Maybe I'm just tired.

This episode was very entertaining! I commend the character building in this episode. Every so often side characters need to get this, as it gives us interesting stories and opens the door for so much potential. The world building is spectacular, since we don’t get to see Los Pegasus very often in episodes; come to think of it, I think this is the second time we saw this place featured in the entire MLP FiM series. The moral is also great and very practical. Aside from all that, the only thing I wasn’t happy with was Rainbow Dash being the ‘party pooper’ and ruining everypony’s fun all because of some silly list, but at the end I can forgive this. All that being said, I would rate this episode 4.4 of 5 stars.

Hopefully Trixie’s dad will be featured in one of the future episodes! I find the resemblance hard to deny.

MLP Vector - Jackpot and Trixie by jhayarr23

Image Source 

Image by jharr23 (DeviantArt user)