WeAreBorg

4 Oldschool Pony Villains

I've actually mentioned before in past Season predictions that I've always wanted to see Catrina make a return as it would be nice to see another humanoid like villain  appear to terrorize Equestria.

Heck, her G4 re-imagining doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself.

my_little_pony_redux__katrina_by_sacredc

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frécinette said:

If Squirk was in G4, we would have a lot of...interesting fanarts.

Don't we already have that sort of crap with the plant creatures from the episode where Discord was sick?

I don't think people give enough credit to Minty on discussions of old school pony villains.  She nearly destroyed Christmas, not many villains get as close as she did. 

Grogar would be my choice, if King Sombra was meant to be a Sauron expy, I couldn't think of a better Morgoth expy.

I watched some of the G1 episodes a few months ago and I was surprised at how scary some of the old school villain episodes actually were.

Tirek and Grogar in particular, their episodes didn't seem at all like an MLP episode. They were darker than most of the boys cartoons at the time.

Seriously when I was told that MLP was a girls show when I was little, I just went "really?" and didn't believe that person, after all, the villains were insane, on par with what I was also watching in He-Man and other cartoons aimed at boys. I never associated My Little Pony as "girly" because of this. I thought it was gender neutral thing.

13 minutes ago, Askre said:

Seriously when I was told that MLP was a girls show when I was little, I just went "really?" and didn't believe that person, after all, the villains were insane, on par with what I was also watching in He-Man and other cartoons aimed at boys. I never associated My Little Pony as "girly" because of this. I thought it was gender neutral thing.

I grew up in the sticks. We only had two channels that showed cartoons. I was just happy to see something animated.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

I grew up in the sticks. We only had two channels that showed cartoons. I was just happy to see something animated.

That's how it was pretty much for me, except back then where I lived, Iceland, only had one channel until around 1987 when the state monopoly over TV and Radio was finally lifted and we got a second channel, so yeah cartoons were a rare commodity and we usually devoured all of it with much ferocity. 

3 minutes ago, Askre said:

That's how it was pretty much for me, except back then where I lived, Iceland, only had one channel until around 1987 when the state monopoly over TV and Radio was finally lifted and we got a second channel, so yeah cartoons were a rare commodity and we usually devoured all of it with much ferocity. 

Iceland?

I really can't top that.

So, are you a local, or were your family just living there for a while?

We had a whole 3 channels. One of which was only dealt with "special interest" programs. Cable simply didn't exist back then.

Just now, Aaargh Zombies said:

Iceland?

I really can't top that.

So, are you a local, or were your family just living there for a while?

We had a whole 3 channels. One of which was only dealt with "special interest" programs. Cable simply didn't exist back then.

I am born and bred Icelander, though currently I'm living in Norway. Moved there in 2003.

We technically had three channels, if you lived in south west corner, you could sometimes get the TV channel the American Military base had, I don't know what channel it was we just called it the American Channel but only selected few could get it. I was not one of them.

Just now, Askre said:

if you lived in south west corner, you could sometimes get the TV channel the American Military base had, I don't know what channel it was we just called it the American Channel but only selected few could get it. I was not one of them.

A TV station aimed at a bunch of men in the 30s who haven't seen a woman in 6 months?

You probably could get it, but your parents bust that button in the TV on purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

A TV station aimed at a bunch of men in the 30s who haven't seen a woman in 6 months?

You probably could get it, but your parents bust that button in the TV on purpose.

ROFL. That would explain it.

Though the real reason was because it was damn expensive to set up. I've known people who got the American Channel, and it was pretty much just showing regular TV shows and even cartoons and news from the USA.

33 minutes ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

Grogar invades with Tambelon as the season premiere... and it's an entire season of warfare between the Ram Lord and Equestria.

It would never happen, but I can dream, right?

Tis a beautiful dream.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:25 AM, Askre said:

Bonnie who designed G1 wanted MLP to be an gender neutral toyline. Hasbro 80's executives decided that it was for girls. The Toei Animation team who animated the G1 cartoon also worked on the Dungeons and dragons cartoon and it showed like the satanic centaur.

• Like 1

You know, back then I didn't have anyone tell me MLP or Jem were 'for girls'. I watched them and loved them besides Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Trek. It wasn't until my ex-stepfather in the early 90's that I 'learned' I wasn't 'supposed to' watch them. Or rather he mocked me for liking them.

I kept on watching 'girl stuff' and very quickly learned not to give a damn what he thought.

Appentetly Proto Fluttershy had the same invite parasites to eat everything.  That and like the G4 fluttermom she like growing flowers. .  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853912/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Posey helps out a bunch of pretty flowers from being captured by a gang of ugly crabs. Unfortunately, she has been lied to and Dream Valley is in danger.

not a villain but while Hasbro has him back voicing Optimus Prime Peter Cullen can come back as the G4 remake of Captain Crabnasty

crabnasty_captain_fim_style_by_onemansta

No one should have to face the Flores alone... Crabnasties, let's go get them!

Apparently G1 had ponies fighting crabs long before it became an G4 Rarity art Meem and they were the real good guyes of the EP as the mobile flower creatures were the real eviasl being able to suckj the life out of soil and plants.  convently in the same ep one of the Flores creatures was voiced by Frank Welker  then again Posey was voiced by Nancy Cartwright

http://www.mylittlewiki.org/wiki/The_Flores

http://www.mylittlewiki.org/w/images/2/2c/Flores.jpg