The Illustrious Q

IDW MLP Comic Release Date Tracking Thread

The purpose of this thread is to keep track of the release dates for the IDW My Little Pony Comic Series based on the current information available. This thread will be updated when the latest solicitations for the comic are released by IDW Publishing. I hope everyone who reads the comics finds this post helpful with keeping track of the new stuff coming out!.

April 2017

May 2017

June 2017

July 2017

• My Little Pony: Friends Forever TPB Volume 9—July 11th, 2017
  • My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #4—July, 2017
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #56—July, 2017
  • My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel #2—July, 2017

August 2017

• My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #5—August, 2017
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #57—August, 2017
  • My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel #3—August, 2017
  • My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel #4—FINAL ISSUE—August, 2017

September 2017

• My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel TPB—September 5th, 2017
  • Deviations: Beta—September 19th, 2017 (TPB Collecting My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deviations)
  • My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #6—September, 2017
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #58—September, 2017

October 2017

• TBA

November 2017

December 2017

Edited by The Illustrious Q
Updating with latest info from IDW

Thank you for making this, I will definitely be referencing it instead of trying to remember. I'm sure this will help quite a few comic readers here.

Any word on what's going on with the Guardians of Harmony comic? It was supposed to release on December 1st on digital platforms, but I don't see it anywhere

Well, this hasn't been updated in quite a while, has it? And now we also have My Little Pony: The Manga - A Day in the Life of Equestria from Seven Seas Entertainment (Volume 1 was published on June 18, 2019). Okay:

January 2020

February 2020

March 2020

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #88 (IDW)--March 25, 2020
  • My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Canterlot High: March Radness (one-shot; IDW)--March 25, 2020
  • My Little Pony: Legends of Magic Omnibus (IDW)--March 24, 2020

April 2020

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #89 (Season 10, Episode 1; IDW)*
  • My Little Pony: The Manga - A Day in the Life of Equestria Vol. 2 (Seven Seas)--April 7, 2020**

May 2020

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #90 (Season 10, Episode 2; IDW)
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #1 (of 4; IDW)
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #2 (of 4; IDW)
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #3 (of 4; IDW)
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #4 (of 4; IDW)

* Because of the COVID-19 health crisis, IDW is suspending comics shipments for April until a date to be announced.

** Equestria Daily reports: "The physical version is on backorder until the 20th of the month, but you can order the digital one...now." However, at least some of the distribution centers for Barnes & Noble have received physical copies of My Little Pony: The Manga Vol. 2; I ordered my copy on April 7 and it arrived in the mail today (April 14).

June 2020

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #91 (Season 10, Episode 3; IDW)
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Vol. 19 (collection; IDW)
  • My Little Pony: Feats of Friendship (collection; IDW)--June 2, 2020

Thanks to COVID-19, IDW has only now released it's next batch of solicits. There is only one MLP-related item listed.

August 2020

(W) Katie Cook, James Asmus, Bobby Curnow (A) Agnes Garbowska, Andy Price, Trish Forstner (A/CA) Brenda Hickey

Celebrate the holiday season with all of your favorite Ponies in this collection of stories that focuses on family, friends, traditions, and all-around joy! Spend time with the Apple family preparing an array of tasty apple treats for all of [Ponyville]; Spike and Twilight telling stories as they're stuck in a snowstorm; and Rarity, as she tries to go to three Hearth's Warming Ever parties in one night!

$12.99, in stores on Nov. 4

IDW has updated their publishing schedule for Summer 2020. Here's where we stand:

• My Little Pony: Feats of Friendship Vol. 1 Trade Paperback--June 24, 2020
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #1 (of 4)--July 22, 2020
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #89--August 12, 2020
  • My Little Pony/Transformers #2 (of 4)--August 12, 2020
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Vol. 19--August 19, 2020

Amazon is still showing a December release date for the third volume of Seven Seas' MLP manga:

• My Little Pony: The Manga - A Day in the Life of Equestria Vol. 3--December 8, 2020

Free Comic Book Day Edition of the MLP Comics Releasing July 15.

From Sethisto for Equestria Daily:

Free Comic Book Day is still happening this year despite the pandemic and after many a mystery on how it will all work. With that comes the special release of a Free Comic Book Day edition of the MLP comics. There isn't any real information on it other than the generic description:

(W) Jeremy Whitley (A) Trish Forstner (CA) Brenda Hickey
A new era of My Little Pony begins! Join Twilight Sparkle and friends as they adjust to new responsibilities, new friendships and new dangers! This is where IDW's "Season 10" of My Little Pony comics begins, officially picking up where the recently concluded and long-running My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic television finale leaves off!
Rating: All-Ages

Keep an eye on stores if you want it this Wednesday!

Thanks to  Cydney for the heads up

• FCBD 2020: My Little Pony- Friendship is Magic #1--July 15, 2020

FCBD 2020: My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic #1

From IDW's website:

IDW has released their comic book solicitations for November 2020

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #92 -- TBA
  • My Little Pony Omnibus, Vol. 6 (collection) -- TBA

mylittlepony92th.jpg

mylittlepony6th.jpg

2 hours ago, SunsetShimmer#1 said:

i want to get those new comic books!

Your friendly local comic shop should be able to help you with that.

IDW has announced its solicitations for December 2020. My Little Pony titles include:

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #93

Mary Kenney (W), Trish Forstner (A/C), JustaSuta (VC), Konrad Kachel (VC).

Season 10 continues here! Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood are back in Ponyville! Scootaloo's beyond excited for her parents' visit, but when it becomes clear that they don't have much in common, Scoots learns that there's no right or wrong way to be a family -- and that's ok.

32 pages, $3.99.

MY LITTLE PONY: SHADOWPLAY

Josh Haber, Nicole Dubuc, Justin Eisinger (W), Various (A/C)

Relive your favorite episodes of the beloved My Little Pony animated cartoon in this graphic novel adaptation featuring season seven's "Shadowplay!"

When Sunburst discovers the lost journal of Star Swirl the Bearded, he shares it with Twilight Sparkle. Together, they find out how the sorcerer and several other of Equestria's heroes, known as the Pillars of Old Equestria, sacrificed themselves to defeat the evil Pony of Shadows. After researching more about the heroes' disappearance, Twilight believes that the Pillars are still alive and trapped in limbo and becomes obsessed with trying to free them -- but that might not be such a good idea!

152 pages, $7.99.