DictatorDuck

Fallout: Equestria!

7 minutes ago, Lunar Holiday said:

I personally didn't enjoy it when I read that Twilight got addicted to book-cocaine and, as a last resort, engulfed Equestria in a great ball of flame to try to cure her addiction. Or, when I read that Rarity was stabbed to death with one of her own dresses.

What the HAY!!??!  Where was this?  I don't remember these parts at all... and I'm constantly dredging through FoE as reference material for my own story.

3 minutes ago, ZeBronyCaptain said:

What the HAY!!??!  Where was this?  I don't remember these parts at all... and I'm constantly dredging through FoE as reference material for my own story.

Oh! Uh...it's there! Trust me! It's uh...a secret! You just haven't found it yet but it's there! :rariwat: 

5 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

Oh! Uh...it's there! Trust me! It's uh...a secret! You just haven't found it yet but it's there! :rariwat: 

Chapter, page number and line please?  I'm too busy to look it up at the moment.

8 hours ago, ZeBronyCaptain said:

Chapter, page number and line please?  I'm too busy to look it up at the moment.

It's a secret, so...uh...it was a really long fic! I don't...remember a whole a lot of it! Yeah!

8 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

It's a secret, so...uh...it was a really long fic! I don't...remember a whole a lot of it! Yeah!

Horizons is a long fic.... FoE takes about five days, cover to cover.   ^_^  It's better the more you read it... and the more you'll be able to remember.

2 hours ago, ZeBronyCaptain said:

Horizons is a long fic.... FoE takes about five days, cover to cover.   ^_^  It's better the more you read it... and the more you'll be able to remember.

Oh, heck no!

I don't know why, but I have this thing where I can't really sit still for too long :/

Say for instance, I'm watching a movie or show or I'm reading a book/fic I just can't do it for too long unless I'm enveloped in it.

It makes me pretty saddened I can't just sit down and relax, that I gotta be doing something or else I get all finicky. That's why a love a lot of the Telltale games, it's like watching a show or reading a book except it needs your input!

And once I start a fic/book, I. Will. Finish. It.

Especially one like FoE! It was great, it was long, it seemed to never end (and not in a bad way!)

But Project Horizons? It's going to take a good the better part of a lifetime for someone like me to get through that, and once I start it I will put my very soul up for hostage until I can one day finish it!

I think I got through about ten chapters of FO:E before giving up. Yeah, the length was rather daunting, but I honestly didn't see what was so great about it. Not saying it was bad, mind you. It was decent, but nothing that would make me elevate it above every other fic.

Maybe one day I might continue where I left off, but finishing all those remaining chapters seems to kill what little will I have to continue it.

5 hours ago, hiigaran said:

I think I got through about ten chapters of FO:E before giving up. Yeah, the length was rather daunting, but I honestly didn't see what was so great about it. Not saying it was bad, mind you. It was decent, but nothing that would make me elevate it above every other fic.

Maybe one day I might continue where I left off, but finishing all those remaining chapters seems to kill what little will I have to continue it.

Oh, Christ! Trust me, that is the same exact feeling I got!

But, like I said, the main reasons I chugged through it was Fallout+Pone, and this itching desire to leave nothing incomplete!

It is personally not my favorite, but it's somewhere up there! Besides, there's just too many fics to choose from, and some of them I don't even know exist!

I don't even know what I like anymore. I just visit fimfic daily and see what's being featured. If the description looks interesting enough, and it's not ridiculously long, I might check it out.

Clearly, I have a short attention span!

6 hours ago, hiigaran said:

I don't even know what I like anymore. I just visit fimfic daily and see what's being featured. If the description looks interesting enough, and it's not ridiculously long, I might check it out.

Clearly, I have a short attention span!

You and me both, friend!

Speaking of short side stories then.... Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes. I finally read that after putting it off for so long. Short story but sweet side story from 2011.

Now which one to read next? Hmm.. 

On 10/1/2016 at 10:49 AM, Canyon Light said:

Speaking of short side stories then.... Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes. I finally read that after putting it off for so long. Short story but sweet side story from 2011.

Now which one to read next? Hmm.. 

FoE: Heroes

396977__safe_oc_wallpaper_fallout+equest

Or MN7, if you want short. I think.

Both are on my eventual read later list but go figure Heroes is incomplete since May with no word for update (yet?) and MN7 is still going and almost completed.

Well I'd say "totally read what I wrote!" but I haven't done anything yet. I'm just letting ideas build up and watching in amusement as details change over time.

Stable-Tec Studios released their FoE animatic for their animated series planned. I have not been following it actively but I am quite glad to see relevant content uploaded explaining what's going on.

I hope I am not the only one interested in this media.

According to the  grapevine Somber finally jumped off the ride. RIP Homelands, maybe Scotch Tape can bail her Stockholm-induced abusive relationship with Somber no longer at the reigns.

On 10/20/2016 at 2:32 PM, AaronMk said:

According to the  grapevine Somber finally jumped off the ride. RIP Homelands, maybe Scotch Tape can bail her Stockholm-induced abusive relationship with Somber no longer at the reigns.

Grapevine? What's the grapevine? Or do you mean his recent blog post? I've read Somber's latest fimfic blog post about his status. Somber is living through some rough times. It's a shame for Homelands' continuation but it cannot be helped with the timing. Perhaps one day it can continue, when tomorrow is better.

33 minutes ago, Canyon Light said:

Grapevine? What's the grapevine? Or do you mean his recent blog post? I've read Somber's latest fimfic blog post about his status. Somber is living through some rough times. It's a shame for Homelands' continuation but it cannot be helped with the timing. Perhaps one day it can continue, when tomorrow is better.

As I read on /foe/  that was the story, or what people were saying happened.

So I have heard FoE Heroes is continuing soon with a new chapter being written. Reignites my interest to follow its progress before deciding to allot time to sit down and read it.

Edit 2k17:

Also the original Fallout: Equestria is having a third printing as one book

http://book.fallout-equestria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=358

And Murky Number Seven nears reached 'complete' status as detailed on Kkat's blog:

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/703589/as-the-curtains-close

Bumping this thread for interest. Anyone else actively here? Or is it in hibernation this winter? Feels like an echo chamber.

Project Horizons and Homelands are continuing. PH's sequel being done by another author and Somber overseeing it surprised me.

Only signed up to these forums a week ago and then found the FO:E topic. Much like the stories, I was both heartbroken and relieved when reading all the posts. Being told that Homelands was being cancelled, but then a second later being told its still continuing, my head is being torn in places I didn't know could.

Anyway, I fell in love with the original FO:E, Been binge reading everything I can for the last year and a bit ever since. Haven't even touched normal FIM fics since I started. Finished PH, Murky Number Seven, Pink Eyes, and nearly done Heros. Murky is sitting proudly on top of my favs list (under the original of course). Everything this sub-fandom has spawned, from artwork to music, has been nothing short of amazing. These stories are what keeps inspiring me to continue writing my own non-related works. I may just be an optimistic person, but everything about these stories I just LOVE. The history before everything went BANG is compelling in of itself!:awesomedash:

I gotta take a break soon though. Try and get back into some clean, innocent ponies for a bit. I'm beginning to watch the show now with an impending sense of doom whenever a minor conflict occurs... DON'T FIGHT! YOU'LL KILL US ALL!:applejackhate:

On 2/25/2017 at 6:02 PM, Rough_Draft said:

Only signed up to these forums a week ago and then found the FO:E topic. Much like the stories, I was both heartbroken and relieved when reading all the posts. Being told that Homelands was being cancelled, but then a second later being told its still continuing, my head is being torn in places I didn't know could.

Anyway, I fell in love with the original FO:E, Been binge reading everything I can for the last year and a bit ever since. Haven't even touched normal FIM fics since I started. Finished PH, Murky Number Seven, Pink Eyes, and nearly done Heros. Murky is sitting proudly on top of my favs list (under the original of course). Everything this sub-fandom has spawned, from artwork to music, has been nothing short of amazing. These stories are what keeps inspiring me to continue writing my own non-related works. I may just be an optimistic person, but everything about these stories I just LOVE. The history before everything went BANG is compelling in of itself!:awesomedash:

I gotta take a break soon though. Try and get back into some clean, innocent ponies for a bit. I'm beginning to watch the show now with an impending sense of doom whenever a minor conflict occurs... DON'T FIGHT! YOU'LL KILL US ALL!:applejackhate:

FoE: Heroes is incomplete still, right? I'm patient to read that and MN7. If you like everything and need more media and content, check out this Fallout Equestria Resource website: http://www.fallout-equestria.com/ and check out this FoE flash game in-development: http://empalu.deviantart.com/art/FoE-game-version-0-4-661277110

19 hours ago, AaronMk said:

wot if foe was MGR:R

Reveal hidden contents

red_sun_over_the_wasteland_by_aaronmk-da

stains_of_enervation_by_aaronmk-darzwlo.

immortal_she_remains_by_aaronmk-datsjwh.

he_s__his_own__murk__now__by_aaronmk-dav

rules_of_deus_by_aaronmk-davq89a.png

jetsream_protege_by_aaronmk-dawjnw5.png

the_raptor_excelsus_by_aaronmk-daxneyr.p

battle_damage_murk_wolf_by_aaronmk-day8k

I'd read/watch/play it. Great crossover-er art

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Canyon Light said:

FoE: Heroes is incomplete still, right? I'm patient to read that and MN7. If you like everything and need more media and content, check out this Fallout Equestria Resource website: http://www.fallout-equestria.com/ and check out this FoE flash game in-development: http://empalu.deviantart.com/art/FoE-game-version-0-4-661277110

From what I know, yeah, Heros is not complete yet. "No one" has said that he's only a few chapters away from finishing it. Read the first few chapters now and noticed the upload dates between them, so I'll be slowing down my reading. Nothing worse than getting to the end of the completed stuff and then have to wait. ESPECIALLY during the middle of the third act.

And thanks for the links. I'll check them out!:D