PinkiePie97

Season 8, Episode 7: Horse Play

47 minutes ago, Number95 said:

I'm not saying she can't fail. It's just that after 7 seasons of doing too many things wrong and doing too few things right, the show should try to focus on the latter.

Forgive me since you didn't direct this at me, but I feel like Celestia does something right in this episode. It's not what I'm waiting to finally see, but in the episode's own language, Celestia pretty much snatched victory from defeat. It's easy to mention that she fails as an actress, but she does fix the play that was doomed to fail.

Not exactly epic or even necessary, but she did.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2018 at 9:41 PM, Metemponychosis said:

Forgive me since you didn't direct this at me, but I feel like Celestia does something right in this episode. It's not what I'm waiting to finally see, but in the episode's own language, Celestia pretty much snatched victory from defeat. It's easy to mention that she fails as an actress, but she does fix the play that was doomed to fail.

Not exactly epic or even necessary, but she did.

I have yet to see the episode, so I still might end up liking the final product. 

How @Metemponychosis and @Thrond felt about this episode, and how I wanted to feel about this episode.

But that's impossible on my part since this show fucked up too much for a patch like this to cover.

So I felt this way instead after watching.

Too bad the scenes between Princess Celestia and Twilight didn't carry as much meaning and emotion as they should have, but I suppose they're not bad by themselves.

Yes, she may not be good in acting, but the way she coordinated the ponies to fix the almost failed Play, now that's a BOSS in my book! :sunset:

• Like 1