Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

i58 is upon us

https://i58.tf/

This weekend, top teams from NA, EU, and AUS will descend upon Birmingham, England and duke it out once again for top spot in the world.

Can the EU put up a fight against the unstoppable NA force that is Froyotech? Where exactly will the AUS team Jasmine Tea finish in Australia's second showing at the Insomnia LAN series?

BTW, this is the kind of awesome I'm expecting out of i58. The upper bracket finals from i55 were fucking amazing. Process in particular was, like, perfect.

https://insomniagamingfestival.com/i58/tournaments/byoc-tournament-schedule/

RIP Dashner. He's the #1 production guy for TF2, and i58 was going to be his last hurrah with TF2, but he was denied entry into the UK.

This just in, b4nny's keyboard, mouse, headset, and bag were destroyed in transit. Bad juju surrounding i58.

On 8/24/2016 at 2:59 PM, Pinkierawr said:

The what now?

This is ETF2L's 6s international championship. It's a pretty big deal because this is INVITE LEAGUE. Literally the best of the best TF2 players are here.

While a bunch of ETF2L teams play, it's not specifically linked to that league. The Insomnia LAN that happens in August has been the international LAN for TF2 for 5 years now. Froyotech, a dominating force in NA TF2, is looking to take home yet another first place.

Group stages went down today (Friday). Tomorrow (Saturday) will be playoffs, with the grand finals on Sunday.

Froyo is out, taking home 3rd place. The Euros have done it. NA is now 3-2. 

Will report back when the grand finals between Crowns and Full Tilt is over. 

Not that I'm aware of. With Froyo finishing 3rd, I can't see b4nny not dragging an NA team to i63. 

Crowns 2-0 last I heard. Should be finishing soon. 

teamfortress.tv is already getting highlight clips up on YouTube.

All the matches in their entirety should be up on that same channel sometime in the next week or two.