The Illustrious Q

My Little Pony Comic Collections

This is the place to show off those collections of my Little Pony Comics—and related memorabilia—that you've spent so much money and worked so long and hard to put together. However, before we get started showing off, I'm going to lay down a couple of ground rules.

1. Keep things civil. I know we all think the world of our collections and believe that our collection is the best, but that doesn't give anyone the right to degrade someone else's collection.

2. This thread is for showing off your collections. It is not for posting what you have for sale, or what you're looking to add to your collection. I will update this thread if we ever add a location for trading, but until then please stay on topic.

3. Have fun and brag, brag, brag!

Collecting comics is a social activity. This thread is full of fellow comic collectors. For some reason I have a feeling there's going to be a lot common ground for people to talk about.

Now without further ado, here is my collection!

The Illustrious Q's Complete IDW My Little Pony Comic Checklist!

• Like 1

Has anybody tried mounting their comics, or putting them on display stands?

I've put some up in clip frames with glass fronts, but after a while the bags go all wrinkly and catch the light in annoying ways.

10 hours ago, mistercokehold8 said:

After looking at your collection Q I have to ask, out of all of those what was the hardest comic for you to find?

From what I have, hands down it's the Brazilian Portuguese translation done by Panini Comics titled "My Little Pony. A Amizade É Mágica Volume 1." You cannot order that one online from Amazon.

From what I'm missing, it's the three Italian Translation variants from Edizioni BD that are driving me up the wall. They sold out before I could get my hands on them and I haven't been unable to locate them from a second hand source yet.

7 hours ago, DStone39 said:

Q's collection is really impressive! I have maybe a quarter of that!

Do post your collection. I always like seeing how fellow collectors are doing in this hobby of ours. :)

I haven't had an updated look at my collection. It's obviously not as impressive as Q's collection but I do have at least one of every issue plus a few alternate covers. I'll see if I can take a picture when I get home.

I do have something special: the pride and joy of my collection.

http://ajnrules.blogspot.com/2013/09/idw-limited-my-little-pony-1-4-blue.html

I feel bad that you don't have a Blue Label, but you do have one of the super limited edition covers celebrating the 1 millionth issue.

my-little-pony-1.jpg

Erm, does this include digital collection or just the hardcopy, if just the hardcopy then I got My Little Pony Friendship is magic, Volume 1, 2 and 3 and My Little Pony: Pony Tales, Volume 1

If I count digital collection, I got pretty much all of them as I've been buying the comics digitally since they first came out.

I like having the physical copies of a comic, because it's good to have something tangible that you can read. It does have its downsides namely the fact that almost 100 issues can be quite heavy, but oh well.

Here is my collection of variant covers and some extra issues from the main series. As you can see I like having variant covers that feature Rainbow Dash but I also have other covers that I find are cute, which explains the MarbleMac cover.

Cq8_TWYUIAAJLVZ.jpg

Here is my collection of extra issues and variant covers from the Micro-Series and Friends Forever. If the issue features Rainbow Dash prominently then I like to have every cover, even if the cover doesn't have Rainbow Dash. I'm still in the process of getting all of the covers for Friends Forever #31 so it's not here yet. I'm somewhat proud of getting all of the covers for the Rainbow Dash microseries because that was when they had so many variants.

Cq8_TWYUMAQttlj.jpg

And of course my collection of original art. Features two covers from Tony Fleecs that I really like and a page from Issue #41 where I think Rainbow Dash was especially adorable. It's especially nice that it's in color. And even though it wasn't used in a cover, the Blue Label painting of Rainbow Dash looking awesome in her Gala dress. <3

CqhYcNVUMAAKsfM.jpg

I would love having more physical copies, but the main problem with them is price. I live in Norway so if I want to get a decent physical copy, I would need to order it online and that comes with the extra expense of shipping. The four collector's editions I own I lucked out on when on a trip to my home country Iceland and wandered into a store that did sell some comics, so during that time it was cheap for me to buy them. So usually I rely on the digial copies to get my pony comic fix.

2 minutes ago, Askre said:

I live in Norway so if I want to get a decent physical copy, I would need to order it online and that comes with the extra expense of shipping.

Ah yeah, that does make it tough. I often take it for granted that I live in the US.

4 minutes ago, Askre said:

I would love having more physical copies, but the main problem with them is price. I live in Norway so if I want to get a decent physical copy, I would need to order it online and that comes with the extra expense of shipping.

Very understandable. Digital Copies help with that a lot. :) 

I wish I could get a copy of the cover Dana Simpson ("Heavenly Nostrils", "Ozy and Millie") did for that Seattle shop.  I've seen it on Ebay, but at a price far more than I can afford.

I was fortunate to get some of the Trixie issue by Agnes Garbowska

pkfHlsQ.jpg

9kbxrP9.jpg

KxmlCH1.jpg

NWXKEHW.jpg

lm3iHmz.jpg

and of course some sketches from Agnes Garbowska

3aOg1te.jpg

NwX9OSL.jpg

WHKU17f.jpg

some beautiful watercolors from Katie Cook

FdIejwN.jpg

zrJ1vA6.jpg

The Illustrious Q over a year ago suggested to get the different artists to do our family in OC ponies (Vanilla Flan, Crescent Song and Broccoli Stalk)

By Agnes Garbowska

tlk6tho.jpg

By Jay Fosgitt

M9Kakxy.png

By Jenn Blake

jDdd6Sm.jpg

By Thom Zahler

xeSonX3.jpg

By Andy Price

zU0fEu8.jpg

XQ2agXo.jpg

obdxhDu.jpg