PinkiePie97

Season 8, Episode 11: Molt Down

Title: Molt Down

Synopsis: Spike struggles with a series of bizarre symptoms that Smolder explains is something all dragons go through in adolescence: "the molt." Smolder also reveals an unfortunate "molt side-effect" that compels a molter's family to kick them out of the house!

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

Another great episode of this season. Spike's adolescence is one that reminds of my face right now with zits and stuff all over it. I like Smolder giving advice to Spike on dealing with this event in his life. A smile went on my face when Spike got his wings. 

• Like 2

It really excites me to see this show stretching itself a little and taking on more mature topics, like puberty. I think it's handled fairly well here, in a way which is pretty specific to the show's fiction but also resonates with the real world, and the worldbuilding here is some of the most sophisticated the show's ever offered. And while the jokes tend to all come back to a few key concepts, they're still pretty amusing, in large part because of the clever dialogue. Even has some nice callbacks to make the show feel a little more like it exists in continuity. Dug this a lot. 

• Like 1

The potential of what could happen with Spike later, as he evolves more with his powers and such, could be very intriguing as time goes on, especially if it ties into a certain S8 episode later on.

Now as far as this ep. teasing Sparity again, IMO they reason do this on occasions, is because they know Sparity (Rarity x Spike) is basically canon in the franchise, and amongst a majority of the Brony and Pegasister community.  Also from what a vast majority of folks have said in the past and by proof with this episode, the Sparity focused/related episodes do some really business by the mostly positive reviews and reactions thy get.

And with that said, it further proves and adds fuel to my point, that whenever they decided to choose a time to do a final series, that they (the creative staff) will find a way to make Sparity (Spike and Rarity) Official and Visually (On-Screen, in continuity) Canon.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:42 PM, bwrosas said:

The potential of what could happen with Spike later, as he evolves more with his powers and such, could be very intriguing as time goes on, especially if it ties into a certain S8 episode later on.

That would be more of a season 9 episode. I have a feeling that episode will be Spike figuring out whether or not to stay with Twilight and the Mane 5 or leave Ponyville as he becomes a teenager. 

Oooooh, this episode. This episode is...It makes me  EMOTIONAL!

Overall, I liked it, let's get it out of the way! :D

OMG Spikey got his pair of wings! So glad for the little guy! But what about the future? As it was depicted in the episode, there was a fear that he would have to get kicked out of the place he has been calling home so far, and it was single-hoofly destroyed by Twilie who obviously didn't want her dragon boy leave her (also because Ponyland≠Dragonland). On one hoof, I should be perfectly chill about it: Spike shall remain with his purple pony mommy and everything shall be great! But...POTENTIAL SPOILERS IN THIS SPOILER!

...I read a premise to one of the upcoming S8 episodes. The one about a dragon that lands in Ponyville and claims that he is Spike's dad and wants Spike to leave with him and learn to be a true dragon. I only know the premise, but even with that knowledge I now fear that if in recent episode Spike could have been thrown out, in this upcoming one...there's a possibility of him departing by his own choice. I don't wanna see him go. Go away from Twilie. I can bet she shall be so sad about it!

PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONMEEEEE!!!! :twitwitch:

Also, when Spike got covered in stone: did anypony get the reference? He who did gets a cookie! :3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Light Blade said:

Hide contents

...I read a premise to one of the upcoming S8 episodes. The one about a dragon that lands in Ponyville and claims that he is Spike's dad and wants Spike to leave with him and learn to be a true dragon. I only know the premise, but even with that knowledge I now fear that if in recent episode Spike could have been thrown out, in this upcoming one...there's a possibility of him departing by his own choice. I don't wanna see him go. Go away from Twilie. I can bet she shall be so sad about it!

PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONME PLEASEDON'TGOCOWBOYBEBOPONMEEEEE!!!! :twitwitch:

Bruh, are you serious? If this is true then I'll be damned! o_o

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:48 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

Synopsis: Spike struggles with a series of bizarre symptoms that Smolder explains is something all dragons go through in adolescence: "the molt." Smolder also reveals an unfortunate "molt side-effect" that compels a molter's family to kick them out of the house!

Correction: Spike goes through puberty.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Light Blade said:

Also, when Spike got covered in stone: did anypony get the reference? He who did gets a cookie! :3

Oh, thats so gross.

• Confused 1

On 5/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, Anti-Villain said:

I still think Smolder was just trolling about the "kick them out" part.

Wouldn't be OOC for her at all.

:ajlol:

Wait, Smolder's a girl!?

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, Trainboy1621 said:

Bruh, are you serious? If this is true then I'll be damned! o_o

as far as the next Spike ep. I feel that they will tease it, and after all Mane 7, and rest of Ponyville, along with the 3 other Princesses express how much they will miss him (especially Twilight and Rarity), he'll decide to stay, because he'll learn, that he already is a true dragon, because he's being true to himself, because the Mane 7 and everypony else, is his family and Ponyville is his home

• Like 2

Well, what a cute and fun episode that was. Even if I was somewhat annoyed neither Rarity or Twilight saw the roc before talking to Spike. That thing was huge and was making a racket. Whatever... Not really a problem. The whole joke almost got too repetitive for my tastes, but not quite. Not to mention Spike and Twilight were really cool.

So, great episode!