The very thing that keeps MLP alive, the brushable ponies! Yes, the thing that started it all, the very first piece of MLP merch available, and the one that's kind of underrated in the brony community. Yes, they may not be 100% show accurate, but that's the fun part! You have endless possibilities with these things! They're cute, and lots of fun to collect, and this is what keeps the show afloat! 

So, who's your favorite brushable? What was your first one? What's your most recent one!

Also, photos of your brushables doing things are encouraged! Take pictures of them, maybe even them doing something weird :ajlol:

I actually collect many ponies who get brushables. Even Lyra and Trixie did :D My first was a loose used regular Applejack, just plain standing pose. After that I bought the Crystal mask AJ and Sunset as my first -actual- brushable buy =) I'd take a picture but mine are currently mostly packed up from waiting on new shelving xD

They're the only type of pony I'm collecting anymore.

Favorite: prototype Minty, followed by Starlight Glimmer & Sunset Shimmer.

First: the mane 6, who I bought all at once.

Most recent: I've got 5 in the mail, Coloratura, Pretzel, Sapphire Joy, Meadow Flower & Sea Swirl.

Here is my current herd:

28120107661_9b3fd8e73f_z.jpgPony collection by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

More brushable pics can be seen in my Pony Collection album on flickr.

The brushables were my first pony merch!  It all started with Fluttershy since she's my favorite, I was so proud of her!! I have since added one of each of the Mane 6, CMCs, and Princesses.  Now I just need one of Starlight, and Big Mac and Shining Armor (do the stallions even exist in brushable, though?).  Wouldn't mind adding one of Octovia and Cherrilee, too.

11 hours ago, Flitter said:

Most recent: I've got 5 in the mail, Coloratura, Pretzel, Sapphire Joy, Meadow Flower & Sea Swirl.

Here is my current herd:

Forget the ponies, where did you get that display stand?

1 hour ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

Forget the ponies, where did you get that display stand?

They are nail polish racks. I got them on Amazon.

DSC_0035_zpshq9itc5b.jpg

These are the brushables I have.

I had a G1 Brushable, but that one has been commandeered by my third youngest niece and you do not argue with that young lady. :D

19 hours ago, Itcheeee said:

I actually collect many ponies who get brushables. Even Lyra and Trixie did :D My first was a loose used regular Applejack, just plain standing pose. After that I bought the Crystal mask AJ and Sunset as my first -actual- brushable buy =) I'd take a picture but mine are currently mostly packed up from waiting on new shelving xD

My very first brushable was a Rainbow Dash from 2011. This one to be exact:Rainbow-Dash-Single-1.jpg

However, my first REAL piece of merch was this McDonalds Pinkie Pie I got when I was 10 and wasn't into MLP but I thought it was cute so I asked for itPinkie-Pie-Mcdonalds-2011.jpg

Clearly, it's grown from there XD

On August 27, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Dublyn Tea said:

do the stallions even exist in brushable, though?

Shining Armor is the only one, sadly. (Unless you count Fashion Style Soarin, but I kinda don't because they used the same mold as the girls for him.) I really wish there were more brushable boys. It's very sad they haven't at least made Big Mac yet.

22 hours ago, Askre said:

DSC_0035_zpshq9itc5b.jpg

These are the brushables I have.

I had a G1 Brushable, but that one has been commandeered by my third youngest niece and you do not argue with that young lady. :D

Pinkie and Twilight on the left both have a bad instance of bed hair.

Has there been some shipping going on?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

Pinkie and Twilight on the left both have a bad instance of bed hair.

Has there been some shipping going on?

Nope, just can't use a brush to save my life.

Brushables were sort of what got me into MLP to begin with. I ended up trying the show after a Rarity brushable in a store caught my eye. I bought it, took it home, and tried out the show. Some months later I was officially a brony. This was back in 2011 when most of the FiM toys in stores were brushables. They're less common now, and mainly variations of the Mane 6.

I have a lot of brushables now. :D I've been collecting them for years. A lot of them aren't in too great of shape because I fiddle with them so much. :scrunchy: Especially the white ones, they get dirt and marks and stuff on them so easily.

6 hours ago, Flitter said:

Shining Armor is the only one, sadly. (Unless you count Fashion Style Soarin, but I kinda don't because they used the same mold as the girls for him.) I really wish there were more brushable boys. It's very sad they haven't at least made Big Mac yet.

Saw Shining in your awesome collection above after making my initial post. That's lucky. :D But dangit, I wish I could include the stallions in my brushable collection. Oh well. I suppose there's still a chance one of Big Mac will be made, too.

On 8/28/2016 at 8:24 AM, ShimmerSparkles said:

My very first brushable was a Rainbow Dash from 2011. This one to be exact:Rainbow-Dash-Single-1.jpg

However, my first REAL piece of merch was this McDonalds Pinkie Pie I got when I was 10 and wasn't into MLP but I thought it was cute so I asked for itPinkie-Pie-Mcdonalds-2011.jpg

Clearly, it's grown from there XD

Nice choice, that RD is pretty rare today with her extras :D I miss when ponies came with adorable animals all the time. I think a lot of people's first, and sometimes only ponies are the McDonalds ones. :)

On 8/27/2016 at 5:06 PM, Flitter said:

Here is my current herd:

Awesome collection! I love the display shelves, so perfect for these. And it's nice to see them all unboxed, the way ponies should be :D

9 minutes ago, Itcheeee said:

Nice choice, that RD is pretty rare today with her extras :D I miss when ponies came with adorable animals all the time. I think a lot of people's first, and sometimes only ponies are the McDonalds ones. :)

Yep! I have the Mane 6 and their animal friends from 2011, and I really liked how the characters had bangs which made them seem more unique and show accurate.

4 hours ago, ShimmerSparkles said:

Yep! I have the Mane 6 and their animal friends from 2011, and I really liked how the characters had bangs which made them seem more unique and show accurate.

Lucky! :D Those are sought after today. I missed all the 2011/2012 merch, sadly. Idk why they ever stopped giving them their bangs. :S I've found some of them here and there at thrift, and even without doing anything but just brushing the hair back into order, it still looks like it really was supposed to be that character. Not loosely based on them XD

Aside from the G1 I have the new dolls I only have a few. The bare minimum bagged Applejack, Fluttershy, Lyra, Bonbon, sunset shimmer, starlight glimmer and Lily I think her name was.

8 hours ago, Flitter said:

Thanks, ItcheeeeI kept my first ponies mib for all of 4 days before I couldn't stand it and freed them. XD

I got some new additions last week

29356030536_4b8524bf03.jpgUntitled by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

I did the same with a few of mine. I think my Fashion Style Coco Pommel lasted 4 minutes after being delivered in the mail xD

I love this line of new ponies, especially Rara! :D I really hope these become easy to find in stores. Finally some new ponies again <3

For some reason I got the urge to brush my ponies' manes today, probably because they've all been standing on the shelves for so long. Pinkie was so pretty that I had to take a photo of her. She's still my favorite of the fashion styles I have.

2nqfwqb.png

• Like 3

On 10/29/2016 at 8:13 AM, Jaspers said:

For some reason I got the urge to brush my ponies' manes today, probably because they've all been standing on the shelves for so long. Pinkie was so pretty that I had to take a photo of her. She's still my favorite of the fashion styles I have.

2nqfwqb.png

That Pinkie is one of my favorite FS ponies too, just too adorable for words. I like what you did to her hair though, mine's a total mess but it kinda fits Pinkie lol

• Like 1