I mean, if you look at the first half of this season, you have episodes that center around that in some way, (Horse Play), (Non-Compete Clause), (The Maud Couple), (Fake it, Till You Make It), (The Parent Map), and recently the Mid-Season Finale (The Mean 6).  If those and what's to come in the 2nd half 

Spoiler

Episodes on Rarity and Rainbow Dash (The End In Friend) , Starlight and Discord (A Matter of Principals), Pinkie and the Rest of the Mane 7 (Yakity-Sax), Trixie and Starlight (On The Road To Friendship), etc 1b2.jpg

, if that doesn't show you that this season is about really testing their friendship and learning to accept each other for who they are and what they like and dislike, then I don't know what does.

I also won't be surprised, (because IMO it seems to be possibly leading to this), that the School remains open as it is, but that Twilight and her Friends decide to step down as the staff of the school, because they'll come to realize that even though the idea for the school is a good one, that after everything they've gone through this past season, and the strong tests that their Friendship has had to endure, that they themselves still have a lot to learn about Friendship, and that also balancing their other priorities  along with being teachers, isn't working out for them, and possibly hand off the teaching duties to those that they know can handle it and balance the time to do it.  

Or they can change it up a bit, to where School only is open maybe 2-3 times a week, and thus the rest of the week they can focus on strengthing their friendship with each other, and focus on their other priorities outside of teaching.  

And yes, in the end this will lead to a possibly Neighsay redemption at the end of the season.

But what do you guys all think?

Comments are Welcomed.

• Like 1

I didn't read the spoiler side of this post (spoilers for the second half of season 8), but I think you are right in saying that testing friendship is the moral for season 8; however, I have a few things I would like to point out. We see this moral appear quite often in season 8, but I think it extends further than that. Friendships are tested in other seasons as well, so I think we could say that this is linked to the theme of the entire Friendship is Magic series; however, friendship is the overall theme of this series, so friendships being tested should be expected and should occur throughout the series. Aside from that, I don't see how this is a moral - I think the word "theme" describes it better. To sum this up, I think friendship is the overall theme of season 8 so far, and that this theme is a secondary theme in the entire Friendship is Magic series.

As for Neighsay's potential redemption, it wouldn't bother me if that happened as long as he stops his "speciesism".