PaperJam

10 likes per day rule

So why can you only like 10 posts per day? Is there a special reason for it? It's pretty dumb in my opinion. I like giving a like to lots of posts and it's really limiting to only have 10 to give out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyber Commander said:

So that you can't spam reputation since that is based on how many of your posts are liked

What if you wanted to just like a post and not give them reputation?

Just now, Cyber Commander said:

That just isn't how the IP forums set up works.

So it wasn't something you guys decided, it's just default?

Just now, Cyber Commander said:

Yeah that's how most forum creations options work

Hmm. Is there any other way to show people you saw and liked their post without droping a reply or a like?

I don't believe the IPB developers or community developers have created a hook (modification) to separate the reputation system from 'likes'. This way, each 'like' you receive has some more weight to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cyber Commander said:

I mean liking a post doesn't really go to far. If its something you really care about we will look into it

It's just a personal prefrence that your reputation shouldn't depend on the number of likes you get. 

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I don't believe the IPB developers or community developers have created a hook (modification) to separate the reputation system from 'likes'. This way, each 'like' you receive has some more weight to it. 

Yeah, but I don't personally like the idea of likes being so special and few. If you like several posts, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to like all of them.

• Like 2

Fully agreed with PaperJam here. I kinda feel like likes completely lose their purpose if you can't use them as much as you like.

It's the best way to quickly show agreement or appreciation for somebody's posts, whether or not you're interested in posting in the thread and actually taking the time to share your own opinion. Also a good "yes I read this post" tool, and even useful as a way to say "even though we disagree, I totally appreciate this conversation, no hard feelings okay".

10 likes are nowhere near enough for all the times any of these things can happen in a day. It may keep someone from spamming rep, but is that really worth it when you're losing a good chunk of the feature's functionality?

I ran out of likes in the first few minutes =(

maybe an "I like this but this button doesn't give rep" button is in order =P