Warlock918

Lack on interest on the rest of season 6

I don't know about anyone else, but am I the only one that isn't really intrigued by the remaining episodes in the season 6? I was hyped about it as first but now some of the episodes just seem a little... Meh. Don't get me wrong I'll still watch the episode but I won't really be hyped about it.

• Like 2

Understandable. Everyone but Spike and Starlight have either gone in circles in characterization or went backwards. Starlight's growth's slowed down considerably. The CMC and Starlight arcs have stalled. If you're a Dash or AJ fan, that feeling's worse: the former for squandering the entire Wonderbolts arc with Newbie Dash and really pushing her characterization completely backwards, the latter for flanderizing her and easily having her worst season.

One of the lone bright spots is Spike. He's having his best season, and the writers are currently treating him with respect.

• Like 5

The Buffalo Man put it best

I'm usually the optimistic one when it comes to the show, and even I've found S6 to be really disappointing. I mean, don't get me wrong, this season's had some great episodes, but for every episode like Saddle Row or Times Are A Changeling, you get 2 episodes like Newbie Dash or AJ's Day Off.

It's been a great season for Spike, and definitely making for a lot of the crap in the past, and Fluttershy's finally asserting herself, but honestly it's hard for me to be happy when half the cast feels like they're getting screwed over(notably RD and especially AJ)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Understandable. Everyone but Spike and Starlight have either gone in circles in characterization or went backwards. Starlight's growth's slowed down considerably. The CMC and Starlight arcs have stalled. If you're a Dash or AJ fan, that feeling's worse: the former for squandering the entire Wonderbolts arc with Newbie Dash and really pushing her characterization completely backwards, the latter for flanderizing her and easily having her worst season.

One of the lone bright spots is Spike. He's having his best season, and the writers are currently treating him with respect.

Fluttershy's only solo outing has been great as well, and I would say Rarity has been handled well, but if we are talking about character development then yeah she hasn't really learned anything new this season.

Your thoughts are understandable; though I can't say that I share them. While it is evident that season 6 isn't hitting the high notes that season 5 did, there have been plenty of GREAT episodes in S6 up to this point. Of course Spike has been the standout character and Starlight has been great as well; though I would argue that others like Dash, Rarity, and Flutters have received their fair share of greats as well. :)

• Like 1

Season 6 is sound, but I feel similarly. I think it's just me getting gradually more tired of ponies. :/

It would have been nice to join the fandom late, when I would have had 6 whole seasons to binge on instead of two. I'm going to take a break from the show after this season.

Season 6 is alright with a couple of great episodes in between but I wonder on how the rest of Season 6 will finish off especially with the finale. Until the end of the season, we can finalize the state of FiM. 

I've had this happen to me with other favorite shows.  It hasn't happened with ponies yet, thankfully.  I think it's a combination of burn out and settling into a state of contentment with the hiatus, and a feeling of disappointment when it comes to an end.  As if some kind of freedom from keeping up with the show has come to an end.  The result is a "meh" feeling about the rest of the season, or even the rest of the show.

I'm sorry you feel this way.   :(  I personally don't think the show has jumped the shark quite yet, though I'll admit I have a fear they will soon.

I've actually looked forward to episodes lately in season 6, so the interest for it is still there for me. I can though see where others are coming from then they explain their dislike, so I get it that for some this is a lacklustre season, but for me it's been a good season.

20 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Your thoughts are understandable; though I can't say that I share them. While it is evident that season 6 isn't hitting the high notes that season 5 did, there have been plenty of GREAT episodes in S6 up to this point. Of course Spike has been the standout character and Starlight has been great as well; though I would argue that others like Dash, Rarity, and Flutters have received their fair share of greats as well. :)

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I've never really been a 'hardcore' fan of the show who loved every episode.  It's always been the kind of thing I binge-watch while getting through a pile of ironing. While season 5 nearly raised the show to something I really looked forward to watching each week, it didn't quite there - mostly because its just too inconsistent in quality.

So while s6 has been a step down overall for me, all that has really meant in practice is that its gone back to what it was before. 

• Like 1

The rest of s6 is still very enjoyable. You may have that impression because some of the episodes in the first part of the season were exceptionally good but that shouldn't be a reason to not like the rest right? Nothing can be perfect but what we got was still very good for the most part.

I wasn't really that excited for Season 6 after the Season 5 finale, TBH.

I'm sad to say it but, so far I've only liked three of the episodes that I've watched this season. mlp-tsupersad.png

I've really enjoyed season 6 and look forward to the rest.  There seems to be a return to form, and the season has reminded me a lot of season 1 and season 2 with more a focus on characters than some strange gimmick.  While season 6 has had a few lackluster episodes (I didn't like 28 Pranks Later much), overall I think it's been really, really good.

There were a lot of amazing episodes in season 6 and a few meh ones. All the seasons were the same and that is a good thing for me. The amount of like or dislike is pretty subjective so many will disagree with your "lack of interest" statement because they(me included) liked the season a lot overall.

17 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

the last few episodes haven't been all that bad, IMHO. I rather enjoyed the buckball one.

I agree, it was a fun-to-watch one! 

I've never been less hyped about new episodes as I am now. I still try to watch them on a livestream whenever I can, though. It's just that I don't care that much anymore. Still, I hope The Fault In Our Cutie Marks will be as good as I hope.

I've rather enjoyed this season so far. A lot of the episodes feel like they could have ended in a "Dear Princess Celestia" (and I do love me some season 1)... would have been great if one of them did though.

I wouldn't say this is a bad season, but my interest has waned a little, I think it's because with the episodes this season it has either had me engaged and entertained completely or disinterested, with no mid ground. that's just me though.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going down this road too. 

Maybe I'm becoming that much more jaded, but...is it just me, or do the season 6 episodes feel like a completely different show? I mean, if you watch a season 6 episode and compare it to a season 3 or 4 episode, you can tell that this show has completely new writers. What I'm trying to say is that the new episodes have a very different feel to them than the older ones. 

Also, it seems that all my favorite reviewers aren't posting as many reviews anymore or just dropping like flies. First Mr. Enter, then Voice of Reason, KP, etc. Only one left that I've been following is Dr. Wolf.

I think the problem is that many of the episodes just feel like "filler" before the next moment of actual significance. Lessons aren't being learned, or old lessons are being relearned and characters aren't developing. Episodes can still be funny, and enjoyable, but it's hard to be hyped for episodes that could well not exist without having any real impact on the show.

The main characters have mostly completed their character arcs, save for Spike, and that's only because of how poorly he's fared in the past, and there's no clear solution. One of the best things about MLP:FiM is that it doesn't stagnate, and keeps things fresh; one can definitely tell a season one episode apart from a season four episode, for instance, but it's struggling to do that here.

I honestly wouldn't mind the return of some sort of Friendship Lesson at the end of episodes, if only because it might give these episodes some focus and a need to actually see some sort of growth by the end of the episode.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this season, however, is the addition of new character flaws for cast members that seem to exist just so they can be resolved by the end of the episode, most prominently seen in Applejack's Day Off and Newbie Dash.

My one frustration is how little they've done with Starlight outside of the premiere and her focus episodes. I was looking forward to seeing her bounce off the others and create new conflicts. It feels like a lot of these season 6 scripts were written before they knew what was going to happen with Starlight in the s5 finale and so she's just not there even though she should be. (Or were written for season 5 and delayed to this season.)

• Like 1