Direct Current

Music Swap Thread

Alrighty guys whats up im Direct Current and I'm here to start some shit. We've got people out there with a craving for pony music, and yet they haven't been made aware of all 5 billion brony musicians. To be fair, that many is alot. So let's trim it down to telling people about pony music they may or may not know. If they already know it? Oh well, maybe someone else sees it and goes "woah i haven't seen that before"

Here's the deal; Each person suggests a pony related song to the previous commenter based on their likes.  Try as that just makes the page take forever to load; simply hyperlink it. If everyone embeds then we're not gonna have a fun time, mkay

Example:

Suggestion; The Way She Flies by Phileo

Likes; Pop punk, folk punk, etc

And the next person would suggest some sort of pop punk pony song or something. Straight forward, quick, to the point

Rules:

1) Keep the self promotion to the signatures and twitters

2) The point is to get people to find out about music they might not have heard. No 10000000 suggestions of the original rainbow factory plz

3) I literally can't do anything to enforce these rules on this thread so who cares

Songs from brony complilation albums (BalloonParty, P@D, etc) are ok, even if they aren't pony related.

And 'pony related song' means the song itself should be pony related, not just a song from a pony musician. So no FNAF/Undertale/whatever songs from pony musicians.

Get it? Got it? Good. LETS GO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Direct Current said:

screw it go ahead

well if it's not part of the rules then I don't want to do it. If pony allows for horses (cuz a pony is a horse) then I'll do it.

16 hours ago, Direct Current said:

Suggestion; The Way She Flies by Phileo

Likes; Pop punk, folk punk, etc

Hmm, folk punk. That reminds me of...

Suggestion; Someone's Gonna Have To Lose by Whydidimakeasongabouthorses and/or Jeff Burgess/Julian Moon/whatever his handle of the week was. Assuming the two aren't actually one and the same after all!

Likes; Lots of stuff. Let's go for metal with vocals this time. 

12 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

Hmm, folk punk. That reminds me of...

Suggestion; Someone's Gonna Have To Lose by Whydidimakeasongabouthorses and/or Jeff Burgess/Julian Moon/whatever his handle of the week was. Assuming the two aren't actually one and the same after all!

Likes; Lots of stuff. Let's go for metal with vocals this time. 

She/he said not a song by a brony musician

Just a song about/related to ponies. I was asking him/her if horses is included but hasn't replied yet

I think he meant suggest brony music specifically, not music unrelated to ponies by brony musicians.

For example, none of TheLivingTombstone's Five Nights At Freddy's oeuvre.

34 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

I think he meant suggest brony music specifically, not music unrelated to ponies by brony musicians.

For example, none of TheLivingTombstone's Five Nights At Freddy's oeuvre.

yes that is what i meant

1 hour ago, AnimatronicPony said:

Time to kiss up xD

Unleash The Magic Remix by Direct Current 

Likes Dubstep and punk. I WANT SKA!

Ska, hm? Punk, you say? Well, Vace handled a lot of that stuff almost single-hoofedly for years. Before he got the spotlight, though, there was one guy in particular who ska-punked it up.

Suggestion; Faithful and Strong by Jesse Carlson. Sorry about the mp3goon link, but he's apparently purged his brony stuff from the internet.

Likes; Still hoping for some metal with vocals...

On 8/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, ABronyAccount said:

Ska, hm? Punk, you say? Well, Vace handled a lot of that stuff almost single-hoofedly for years. Before he got the spotlight, though, there was one guy in particular who ska-punked it up.

Suggestion; Faithful and Strong by Jesse Carlson. Sorry about the mp3goon link, but he's apparently purged his brony stuff from the internet.

Likes; Still hoping for some metal with vocals...

Link is broken.

Suggestion: Tarby - Rejected

It was on Balloon Party. If it is not sufficiently pony there's always PrinceWhateverer - Frailty (Ft. Dreamchan).

Likes: Oooh, that's a toughy... I like just about anything. Surprise me.

4 hours ago, Nyronus said:

Link is broken.

Suggestion: Tarby - Rejected

It was on Balloon Party. If it is not sufficiently pony there's always PrinceWhateverer - Frailty (Ft. Dreamchan).

Likes: Oooh, that's a toughy... I like just about anything. Surprise me.

I'll count balloon parties and other such compilation albums (like ponies @ dawn) as pony enough, assuming it's specifically a brony album

This discussion is very derailed from the original post, so I might as well post "just about anything" for now.

This one is a very neatly composed piece of an album in works. Sprocket is always a very good listen.

17 hours ago, Tav-1 said:

This discussion is very derailed from the original post, so I might as well post "just about anything" for now.

This one is a very neatly composed piece of an album in works. Sprocket is always a very good listen.

Suggestion: YourEnigma - "Echoes of Her"

14 hours ago, Gaze said:

Suggestion: LaRaikaa - Shatter (Curse of Pinkamina)

Likes: Right now, I would like something with a good Funky or Disco rhythm.

Suggestion: Freewave befriends Eurobeat Brony - Diso(rd) Very well-done remix.

Alternative Suggestion:  Donglekumquat - Hotter (If you're totally burnt out on Discord covers, which is very possible)

On 9/1/2016 at 11:20 AM, ABronyAccount said:

Suggestion: Freewave befriends Eurobeat Brony - Diso(rd) Very well-done remix.

Alternative Suggestion:  Donglekumquat - Hotter (If you're totally burnt out on Discord covers, which is very possible)

seems i gotta be the one to keep it goin fam

Suggestion: Raise This Barn cover by Mandopony (country is western right)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Direct Current said:

seems i gotta be the one to keep it goin fam

Suggestion: Raise This Barn cover by Mandopony (country is western right)

Was wondering why this wasn't already in my collection, then I noticed there was never a download link. Now I has a sad.

Suggestion: Caine the Doombringer - I Just Don't Know (a very The Doors-y rock Derpy piece)

1 hour ago, Soul Strings said:

Suggestion: How about a song with a short story?

Ah yeah, SDreamExplorerS! If that guy were here right now I'd tell him how cool he is. 

Suggestion: Silent Night - Dear Sister Moon  Long, slow, sludgy, slightly Stoner Doom metal.