I have a few suggestions.

1. IPB supports blogs. Would it be possible to let users create a blog? (In case you're worried, you can set a limit to how many blogs a user can have.)
  2. IPB also supports galleries. This could be useful for artists who want to post their art here.
  3. Maybe a theme for each character? Each theme changes the color scheme to match that character, and maybe even a picture in the background.

Again, these are only suggestions and this post will most likely be ignored anyway.

5 hours ago, David Coleman said:
  1. IPB supports blogs. Would it be possible to let users create a blog? (In case you're worried, you can set a limit to how many blogs a user can have.

We will look into this one since we haven't really talked about this yet.

IIPB also supports galleries. This could be useful for artists who want to post their art here.

User's can make their own art forums sections for this. I understand that's not that same but that's what can be done for now

Maybe a theme for each character? Each theme changes the color scheme to match that character, and maybe even a picture in the background.

This is something we were talking about before the merger. It is on the low end of our priorities since we need to handle all the new users

5 minutes ago, Cyber Commander said:

Users can make their own art forums sections for this. I understand that's not that same but that's what can be done for now

IPB also supports galleries. This could be useful for artists who want to post their art here.

I find this unnecessary, there are already several dedicated image hosting websites and things like Deviant art and Derpibooru are made specifically for this. People making threads for their art, with links to the respective websites where they upload, would be a much more reasonable solution over having them be hosted on the forums and have staff have to build a gallery section and moderate any images uploaded there.