Sneshneeorfa

Do you like Sunset Shimmer?

I love Sunset Shimmer and am glad she was the main character of EG 2 and 3. The concept of a phoenix pony and how Sunset emerges from her defeat to become a better person really intrigues me. 

I see Equestria Girls as basically the Sunset Shimmer Show. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sneshneeorfa said:

I don't.

You sound like a Heretic. :lunaew:

Sunset is best pony/human, and in the off chance she does return to Equestria that will likely mark my favorite episode of the entire show. 

• Like 2

Yes, one of my favourite characters along with Starlight. Generally she's the cooler headed one, like Twilight but instead of getting stressed she can get angry. She's the most human character to me, and the fact she is well-read and can play an instrument makes her a good example. You don't have to be perfect right now, but you can be willing to learn; that's Sunset.

She also has a good balance of humility and knowing what she knows.

Yes! She is one of my favorite characters in the movies. 

I can relate to her very well. (Because she had to learn to control her emotions and I did the same.) 

:sunset:

P.S. I'm listening to My Past is Not Today as I'm writing this.

She was one of the lamest villains in FiM's run but would eventually become the best part of the EQG series with Rainbow Rocks and FG. She's become one of my favorites and definitely makes the series worth watching, can't wait to see her again in LOE

1221102__safe_equestria+girls_cute_anima

Overall, Sunset shares the number two spot (with Rarity) on my list of favorite G4 characters. Funny, considering I didn't think much of her after the first movie. Then we got Rainbow Rocks, "My Past is Not Today," and Friendship Games.

She's one of my favorite characters from MLP G4 with Rarity, I really didn't liked her that much in the first movie (though her backstory was the only redeeming quality from her, IMO) but later in Rainbow Rocks she becomes a WAAAY much better character.

And I really want to see her making amends with Celestia at some point.

You'd better believe I like Sunset Shimmer! She is amazing! If there was more of her she'd probably be my favorite character but as for now she's my second favorite. Bacon hair for the win! 

Not at all.

1. As a villain, she's the flattest character this show ever had. A complete stereotypical alpha bitch, imbecilic, and incompetent. Flash has more dimension than her.
  2. As a protagonist, she's completely inauthentic. How was she reformed/redeemed? Through a complete character reset by the Elements of Harmony. Her whole arc redeeming her old ways is completely hollow because she didn't redeem, but a brainwashed version of her instead. If I want the character redeemed, then make it Sunset, not Sunset-in-name-only.

Not in the very first movie much, not because she was a villain but she just seemed really one dimensional and kind of boring in that. I absolutely adored her in Rainbow Rocks though and she's now my favorite human character.

I really like her. She has a nice design in both her human and pony versions and she really has come a long way since the first movie.