maia

Do you like Sunset Shimmer?

Maybe not as a villain in the first EqG, but, ever since Rainbow Rocks came and went, her character has really grown on me.  Friendship Games only strengthened that.

I really liked her character evolution throughout the films.

From bland  villain, to confused and lost, kinda soul searching like, to being full on leader of the humane 6

I really like the aspect that theyre teasing that sunset shimmer could be a new species of pony. Flame wing unicorn? Totally awesome. Cant wait to see her in legends of everfree. 

On 8/27/2016 at 2:02 PM, Megas75 said:

She was one of the lamest villains in FiM's run but would eventually become the best part of the EQG series with Rainbow Rocks and FG. She's become one of my favorites and definitely makes the series worth watching, can't wait to see her again in LOE

Agreed. One of my complaints about the initial film was Sunset, but damn did they make me do a 180 with Rainbow Rocks. Her deleted duet in Friendship Games is also one of my favorite moments with Sunny. C'est la vie. I'm hoping that they continue to evolve the character in LOE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShimmerSparkles said:

I hope this answers your question

tumblr_ocmyr6okr91uxgwleo1_1280.jpg

And right when she's available, I'm getting the EG Mini of her.

yes i know my desk is dirty i gotta clean it

Not to brag. But I have the EG Mini of Sunset.  (Like I said in a previous topic.)

028.jpg

I was lucky to find her at Walmart. (Note: Some Walmarts have her. So go check yours.) 

Nice collection though.

Just now, Havocbyte said:

Not to brag. But I have the EG Mini of Sunset.  (Like I said in a previous topic.)

028.jpg

I was lucky to find her at Walmart. (Note: Some Walmarts have her. So go check yours.) 

Nice collection though.

Ooh that is a nice find! She isn't available in ANY stores in Massachusetts where I live but I'm glad you found her!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Havocbyte said:

028.jpg

Nice collection though.

That's a lot of Orange!

I

2 hours ago, ShimmerSparkles said:

I hope this answers your question

tumblr_ocmyr6okr91uxgwleo1_1280.jpg

And right when she's available, I'm getting the EG Mini of her.

yes i know my desk is dirty i gotta clean it

That plushy looks awesome! May I ask where you got it? 

• Like 1

I love Sunset, she's probably my favorite character in the entire franchise! Like most others have said, I didn't care much or her after the first movie; I didn't hate her like most did (mainly 'cause I thought her design was awesome), but I did think she was a weak character.

Fast forward a couple of movies and now she's a great, well-rounded character! I'm excited to see her role in the new movie!

I like her a lot.  Of all the villains who have been redeemed I think she's by far had the best story and development down the path of redemption.

Compare to Starlight Glimmer, who got an instant-forgiveness and acceptance with a quick song, Sunset had to spend the whole second movie earning the friendship of the others.  They might have forgiven her, but they weren't friends.  She had to work at it.

I do hope she returns to Equestria at some point.  It seems the proper ending to her arc. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 4:00 AM, DawnInPonyville said:

I love Sunset Shimmer and am glad she was the main character of EG 2 and 3. The concept of a phoenix pony and how Sunset emerges from her defeat to become a better person really intrigues me. 

I see Equestria Girls as basically the Sunset Shimmer Show. 

My thoughts exactly! I was so glad they kept her a focus, and without Equestria's Twilight she literally is EQG's main character :D <3

To answer the question: Sure.

Now, pony Sunset Shimmer needs to run into human Sunset Shimmer!

Twilight ran into her human self at the end portion of EG3!

I don't like the fact that she lost most of her confidence after the first movie. She was always so self assured, and now she's a bit of a mess.

Her new personality is cute and all, but she's a totally different character from the first movie. The old Sunset Shimmer would have gone after the Sirens and dealt with them directly, rather than leaving it up to the Rainbooms to resolve using music. She'd at the very least have attempted to sabotage their performance, or to turn people away from them.

I really don't think that somebody could lose that much ambition in such a short space of time.

I also think that they need to make more of her intelligence. She was Celestia's hoof picked pupil. Presumable she was being lined up to be a new Princess. Yet the only time that she shows any initiative or real intelligence was in the third movie when she did the maths equations.

Oh, and her hair is a total pain to draw.

17 hours ago, Paegyu배규 said:

EqG - the worst character in the franchise.
RR - felt kinda sorry for her.
FG - very likable character.

Worse than Flash Sentry?

Go stand in the corner and think about how your words might hurt others.

1 hour ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

Worse than Flash Sentry?

Go stand in the corner and think about how your words might hurt others.

I don't care about Flash Sentry, because he's not significant to these movies. He doesn't bother me in any way and I just simply don't pay attention to him. If my opinion on a fictional character from an animation about multicolored high schoolers is hurtful to someone, then it's seriously their problem, not mine.