PaperJam

Traditional Role-Play (Interest/recruitment)

Anyone interested in doing a traditional Role-play? Like D&D style, but with ponies? I'm not a big fan of numbers and stuff, so I'm thinking a more chill style where I do all the math so you guys can focus on the role-play.

Brief Synopsis:

400 years after Luna's banishment, Equestria is invaded by monsters. Towns all across the land are raided by monsters and ponies are driven from their homes. The Equestrian ponies retreat to Cantorlot where Princess Celestia has the capital protected by a magical force field. Unable to leave the city, she seeks adventurers to aid her in driving back the monsters and returning the land to harmony. Be it ponies seeking action, treasure, glory, or plot, Celestia will take anypony she can get.

Some ponies have decided to take advantage of Equestria's predicament. Bands of thieves attacking villages snd travelers. Other ponies travel as mercenaries seeking bits in exchange offering protection, clearing away monsters from nearby towns, or driving away thieves.

The roleplay:

I'll be using D&D 3.5 edition for the system, since I'm familiar with it. So there will be stats and numbers and dice like a traditional rpg. However, to make it more immersive, I will be rolling all the dice and looking at all the numbers so the players can focus more on the role-playing aspects. The players can look at their character sheets with all the stats if they want, but I'll be the one to manage them.

Races:

Earth Pony

Pegasus

Unicorn

Bat Pony

Griffon

Dragon

Classes:

Rogue

Paladin

Sorcerer 

Bard 

Fencer 

Barbarian 

Ranger 

Magical Engineer 

Edited by PaperJam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlastWave said:

What series is it in?  EQG?  Main show or something else?  And will we be able to use OCs?

Yeah, original characters and ponies and stuff. I haven't decided much else, I just wanted to see who would be interested.

I'm definitely interested. I've RPed with and without dice, but I've never played in a game where the DM rolls all the dice, and I've been meaning to try it out.

Do we still create our own character's statistics and such?

There are a few pony RP systems out there, encase you didn't know. There's a very simple one called Puzzles and Ponies.

Character creation is really simple, and it might be a good place to jump off from, even if you plan to roll all the dice yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NephoxVenom said:

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I've been wanting to get into D&D for a while now.

It probably won't be exactly like it, but you'll get a good feel for it.

2 hours ago, Quite Quiet said:

I'm definitely interested. I've RPed with and without dice, but I've never played in a game where the DM rolls all the dice, and I've been meaning to try it out.

Do we still create our own character's statistics and such?

There are a few pony RP systems out there, encase you didn't know. There's a very simple one called Puzzles and Ponies.

Character creation is really simple, and it might be a good place to jump off from, even if you plan to roll all the dice yourself.

Thanks, I'll look into some systems. In the meantime, you can all use the format Badshot made as a starting place.

Name:

Race:

Personality:

Description (can be picture):

Backstory:

I'll let you guys know when I have more details solidified.

• Like 2

I've updated the original post to include a synopsis of the rpg as well as races and classes.

A description of the classes and races will be added later.

Feel free to ask any questions.

• Like 1

Name: Moody Blues

Race: Earth

Personality: Moody's, well.... Moody. He's dramatic and over the top. Always throwing a hoof to his forehead, swooning with horror or infatuation. More often than not, he's a bit of a Negative Nancy - ironically the name of his sister. Unlike most bards, he sings sad ballads of lost love, fallen friendships, and the eventual void that all ponies face in death. Not much of a charmer, but he's moved many to tears and has been aptly named the Brooding Bard.

Description (can be picture): He looks like this big ol' dramatic dude. And yes, his cutie mark is three teardrops, because he's such a sadsack.

Backstory: Despite Moody Blues' personality, he had a great life growing up. He was born in a fairly rich noble family of other Earth ponies, despite Canterlot being a unicorn-dominated capital. It wasn't until his seventeenth birthday that things started to change, as his family decided it was time for his to become a real stallion and work for the family business. However, Moody Blues had already found his passion - the arts. From painting to music, dancing to poetry, he had heard his calling and followed its cries. After a few years of his parents trying to sway him from the path of a bard, they eventually gave up, cutting his allowance and any funding he had for his tomfoolery. Now he spends all his time in taverns and bars, trying to appeal to the common pony folk with songs of sorrow and tales of travesty. As this failing artist struggles to survive, he would do anything for a chance at some extra bits and the opportunity to spread his song throughout Equestria.

• Like 1

Name: Stormy Vortex

Race: pegasus

Personality: Fast flyer kind pony and a real book nerd

Description (can be picture):C35iGXVUkAYqadQ.png:large

Backstory: He is a fast flyer but a real book nerd he has always tried to help out in someway in Equestria

I would be interested, but I have no idea how DnD works. I've tried to learn, but I haven't had motivation as my brothers don't like the genre and I don't really have any close friends who'd like it.