Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Modene

Intoductions

Hi everybody!  I'm Jerry, I live in Las Vegas, and I've been a fan of the show for about 2 1/2 years now.

As a longtime Trekker, I had become aware of the show a year or two earlier whem I read an interview with John DeLancie (one of my favorite actors, going back to his days on Days of our Lives) where he stated "At least Gene Roddenberry warned me about the Trekkies."  So I knew there was something out there, and in my Hub-viewing (I was an old "Animaniacs" fan) happened to catch bits of the show in passing, including his scene towards the end of "End of Harmony, pt. 2".

But even that wasn't enough to get me to sit down and watch a whole episode.  I guess I was expecting MLP to be the cutesey-wutesey version from the 80's and didn't want to be caught dead watching it. 

Then came Weird Al Yankovic.  I've been a fan of Al's since his Dr. Demento days and when word filtered in that he was the guest star in "Pinkie's Pride" I could resist no longer.  I watched the entire episode (and noted that the preceding episode that morning was "Three's a Crowd") and watched a few more and that was it - I was hooked!  (rather like how I got hooked on "Sailor Moon" back in the 90’s because my wife asked me to record them for her)

So now, 2 1/2 years, one meetup (at a local library to watch "Rainbow Rocks") and several dozens of dollars' worth of merchandise later, here we are with a forum at last.  I expect I'll be as active here as I am on the baseball forums (I'm a died-in-the-wool Cardinals fan) and I hope I will have something to contribute to the discussions!

Hello there, name's BadShot, local Dungeon Master and Best Changeling.

I run the Roleplay scene around here, if you are interested in such, just ask me for any questions you have.

(Totally gonna copy paste this to all the other new intros)

Las Vegas? I was just there a month ago! :o I wonder how you can survive imo, the unbearable heat there? I assume you're used to it though, haha. 

1 minute ago, ChibiDashie said:

Las Vegas? I was just there a month ago! :o I wonder how you can survive imo, the unbearable heat there? I assume you're used to it though, haha. 

Oh, it's hot all right.  You never get used to it, though - you just learn to tolerate it.