Havocbyte

What was the first Equestria Girls movie that you ever saw?

Thankfully, when I started watching FiM, the first had already been out. I believe I had to wait a few weeks/month or so for Rainbow Rocks to come out, which I loved a hundred times more.

Watching the first, I knew Rocks would be a lot better and this was just the lets-explain-everything beginning, but I enjoyed it. Mostly because of Sunset XD Had a good opening of ponies for the first 10-15 minutes, so I can't really complain. It wasn't a bad movie really, but out of all that will ever be made, it will seem like the most lacking to me. Besides the fact I didn't know much about Sunset at all before watching, the rest of the movie was just what I expected.

Watched the first 2 in the theater.  Watched Friendship Games while stuck in bed in a nursing home.  This time I'm thinking about getting Netflix for my new computer so I can watch it there.

Honestly, out of the ones that have been out so far, Rainbow Rocks is my favorite.  Rarely does the climax of a movie go in exactly the direction you want it to.  I don't mean you can see it coming, but that you think "wouldn't it be cool if" and then it happens.

Also I got my copy of Equestria Girls signed by Andrea Libman and Cathy Weseluck.

Equestria Girls. I bought the DVDs for the first three films in December and got around to binge watching them in April (I do believe it was April). I thought I wouldn't like them, but I actually was surprised that I did. Rainbow Rocks ended up being my favourite out of the three.

Fourth one's not out yet. It releases Oct 1 on Netflix. The previews have got me interested, just hoping it's as good as Rainbow Rocks. (Not that Friendship Games is bad, just not quite as good.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TaliaKirana said:

Fourth one's not out yet. It releases Oct 1 on Netflix. The previews have got me interested, just hoping it's as good as Rainbow Rocks. (Not that Friendship Games is bad, just not quite as good.)

I wonder when exactly the fourth one airs on Discovery Family then. Surely Netflix release date would be earlier to the T.V. airing then?

The first one, cause I was around then. Not in theaters, or a camrip. A DVD rip. I still think the first Equestria Girls is okay. Not bad, but not super amazing. I think Rainbow Rocks was the best. I'd put Friendship Games somewhere in between them. I'll have to wait and see where I'll put the 4th one, and any more they make.

4 hours ago, Exotahu said:

First one. I remember the commotion of it being announced and waiting for it to be released to see if it'd be a huge trainwreck. 

Surprisingly it wasn't! I remember being horrified at first, but cautiously optimistic as more info came out and I remembered what the creative team had done with the TV series itself, something that also had a write-off concept that was easy to dismiss hastily.
Then once the film came out, there was some grudging admissions that it wasn't horrible (by most people).

3 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Surprisingly it wasn't! I remember being horrified at first, but cautiously optimistic as more info came out and I remembered what the creative team had done with the TV series itself, something that also had a write-off concept that was easy to dismiss hastily.
Then once the film came out, there was some grudging admissions that it wasn't horrible (by most people).

Pretty sure that was most people's reaction. Then the second two movies ended up being fantastic

It is rare to get a film series where the sequels are better than the first one. Considering that recent interview where David Ingrahm said Legend of Everfree was his favorite of them, I'm looking forward to it more. I know I'll probably crack and buy the soundtrack when it releases.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:43 AM, TaliaKirana said:

It is rare to get a film series where the sequels are better than the first one. Considering that recent interview where David Ingrahm said Legend of Everfree was his favorite of them, I'm looking forward to it more. I know I'll probably crack and buy the soundtrack when it releases.

It's already out actually.

I have to question why the soundtrack releases before the actual movie, it honestly makes no sense. It works for games and other movies because they don't really so heavily on plot progression via the lyrics of songs and 90% of them are instrumental. Hell, even those release the soundtrack with the actual title or shortly after it, not a whole two weeks before the first release. For petty's sake people.

I watched the first movie the first! (Man, I love you, English)

But, it was really awkward because at the time I was staying over at a friend's house so I had to watch it late at night.

That, or explain to him why that person is purple and had eyes the size of bowling balls, so into the night I watched!

Thankfully, I had my trusty tablet by my side! I had whipped it out and discretely went to Dailymotion as I prepared myself...

There, in that dim corner by a window, I cradled the tablet in my arm as I plugged in my earbuds.

After a quick search I softly tapped my screen aaaaaaannnnnndd "Not available on mobile devices"

"Okay, okay. I see how it is, Dailymotion. I'll just go to the next one! They're a dime-a-dozen here!"

I ended up watching the first movie with a sort of reaction-ish commentary by two friends as they made terrible horse puns and screamed about Sunset Shimmer's panties.

I like to think myself as more fortunate than most.

18 minutes ago, Lunar Holiday said:

I ended up watching the first movie with a sort of reaction-ish commentary by two friends as they made terrible horse puns and screamed about Sunset Shimmer's panties.

I like to think myself as more fortunate than most.

You are. I didn't have a tablet until just recently!

Also I had to build my own robot friends for running commentary while watching movies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

Also I had to build my own robot friends for running commentary while watching movies.

Muh sides!

ARGH

3 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Give me an acknowledgement for the robots, I'm an expert in such technology. ;)