Please do not post any personal attacks against another user here. Try to keep this thread civil. These sorts of things can get out of control really easily, so please do not take things too far. Carry on.

• Like 1

Just now, Kaethela said:

Please do not post any personal attacks against another user here. Try to keep this thread civil. These sorts of things can get out of control really easily, so please do not take things too far. Carry on.

Understood.

But I created this thread for the purpose of people venting their feelings.

Just now, Lord Seraph said:

I dislike "nanny state" approaches...

I can assure you that's not how we work here.  Nevertheless, it's often better than not to leave a reminder or other disclaimer if not for you,  but for anyone else that might be reading this thread. :)

2 minutes ago, "User" said:

I can assure you that's not how we work here.  Nevertheless, it's often better than not to leave a reminder or other disclaimer if not for you,  but for anyone else that might be reading this thread. :)

I know. It's nice taking precautions.

But it's my first real vent on here, nevertheless.

And yes, I do have to deal with nanny state standards where I live irl.

4 minutes ago, Lord Seraph said:

I dislike "nanny state" approaches...

If I wanted to take the nanny state approach, this thread would've been removed already. Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, and all that. 

I know.

But it's my first real vent on here, nevertheless.

And yes, I do have to deal with nanny state standards where I live irl.

Of course.  Carry on then!

Just now, Kaethela said:

If I wanted to take the nanny state approach, this thread would've been removed already. Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, and all that. 

Not accusing you guys in particular.

Just something I had enough of in other communities.

Not accusing you guys in particular.

Just something I had enough of in other communities.

Oh no, that's totally understandable. Trust me, I'm not letting this place get to that point while I'm still here.

Just now, Kaethela said:

Oh no, that's totally understandable. Trust me, I'm not letting this place get to that point while I'm still here.

Thanks. :)

I love this fandom and community.

I promise to behave.

1 hour ago, David Coleman said:

Vent thread, huh?
Well I've got something to say about this ad.

Look, I have nothing against same-sex relationships, but seeing this in an ad.... IT SHOWS UP MORE OFTEN THAN ANY OTHER. ADOBE IS FAR BEHIND IN SECOND.

XlydNsr.png

I second you on that.  I'm not homophobic either, but why must we force ponies to be lesbians?  Headcannons about Dash are one thing, but some of this is getting a little passive-aggressive with how much we're seeing it.  It's a kids show, and I just feel relationships should be either platonic or the less complicated and more widely understood hetero.

As for a vent of my own, my apartment complex is under new ownership, and they haven't activated a new way where we can pay our rent online.  And yet the office now has more restricted hours, and is closed every weekend.  Finding time to walk up there during operating hours with a check is getting really old.  Why won't they activate the online payment portal already???

I have a question; what if you feel like people have mistreated you and you feel that you need to vent about that without bringing up names, is that still considered a personal attack? Just double checking.

3 minutes ago, ArcticEight said:

I have a question; what if you feel like people have mistreated you and you feel that you need to vent about that without bringing up names, is that still considered a personal attack? Just double checking.

As long as you don't name the person or go into specifics as to what they did I don't think it qualifies as a personal attack. 

1 minute ago, MoltenKitten said:

As long as you don't name the person or go into specifics as to what they did I don't think it qualifies as a personal attack. 

Alright, but I'll wait for an admin / mod to comment first before I post anything just to make sure.

6 minutes ago, MoltenKitten said:

This.

Well, let's just say I feel like certain people haven't treated me nice. Kind of a reason as to why I have crossed the line at times with my bad temper.

I regret it, yes, but I still wish they would understand how I work, I've been having trouble easily getting upset about small stuff that most people just shrug off, in my own private group of friends too. :/

I tend to act and say stupid stuff I don't mean when people upset me, I'm kind of defensive.

No names, no mentioning where they're from, I think I should be fine.

8 hours ago, Dublyn Tea said:

I second you on that.  I'm not homophobic either, but why must we force ponies to be lesbians?  Headcannons about Dash are one thing, but some of this is getting a little passive-aggressive with how much we're seeing it.  It's a kids show, and I just feel relationships should be either platonic or the less complicated and more widely understood hetero.

As for a vent of my own, my apartment complex is under new ownership, and they haven't activated a new way where we can pay our rent online.  And yet the office now has more restricted hours, and is closed every weekend.  Finding time to walk up there during operating hours with a check is getting really old.  Why won't they activate the online payment portal already???

I dislike it when people feel the need to shove "diversity" into everything.

I'm sad today...well, i'm thinking of that everydays.

i'm thinking about my old girlfriend, she broke with me 5 months ago, because of a guy who was really strange and manipulated her (he was a lot older than her, and was acting almost like a pedophile since she is still a minor) ...i still want revenge against him but i'm not sure it's right...i'm a little confused right now.

23 minutes ago, Venom Snake said:

I'm sad today...well, i'm thinking of that everydays.

i'm thinking about my old girlfriend, she broke with me 5 months ago, because of a guy who was really strange and manipulated her (he was a lot older than her, and was acting almost like a pedophile since she is still a minor) ...i still want revenge against him but i'm not sure it's right...i'm a little confused right now.

Was she blackmailed or anything? If she chose to be manipulated, then it's her fault.

However, I understand you have concerns about her, which is natural and thoughtful of you. Have you been talking to her?