Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

Pokemon is a huge part of my life. I collect a lot of the merch, mostly plushies of my Pokemon from my game teams. And I've watched the anime up to X/Y dubbed, and I'm currently watching Advanced in Japanese which I'm really enjoying, even though I'm in the middle of learning the language XD

I also have read a lot of the manga, currently reading Pokemon Adventures (Pokespe) Black White. :) I own all the main series games, lots of spin offs but no where near all of them, trying to finish post-story stuff in them here and there. =P 

How about yourself? What Poke' things do you enjoy? :)

This is my entire Pokemon collection so far! I do love me some Pokemon merch! I think my favorite out of everything is the really small Pokemon Jet model that you really can't see, but it's essentially this jet. It's also the most expensive part of my collection because of licensing not only from Pokemon, but from ANA (All Nippon Airways) as well. 

pokemon_collection_v3_by_chibidashie-d9r

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChibiDashie said:

This is my entire Pokemon collection so far! I do love me some Pokemon merch! I think my favorite out of everything is the really small Pokemon Jet model that you really can't see, but it's essentially this jet. It's also the most expensive part of my collection because of licensing not only from Pokemon, but from ANA (All Nippon Airways) as well. 

pokemon_collection_v3_by_chibidashie-d9r

That's a nice collection!

1 minute ago, TrekkieHooves92 said:

I've been a fan of Pokemon since forever, My fave Pokemon are Charizard, Gardevoir, Typhlosion and a whole bunch I can't even list because it would be way too much XD

I was third grade elementary when Pokemon Craze first reached my place.

I remember during every recess and lunch break, kids would fill courtyards and playgrounds clutching Game Boys. It wasn't just the nerds either, even kids you did not expect to be into this stuff. Later there were Pokemon Cards being traded all over the place until the school administration decided to ban Pokemon Card from school properties due to a concern in safety after news of some people getting stabbed for their cards. Man, those Charzards certainly were sought after!

• Like 1

I used to own Pokemon games: Blue,Red, Yellow, Gold and Silver,until they have been stolen. I remember I captured pokemons up to more than 200 pokedex.

Today I own some mostly games to 3ds (Y, Pearl, White and one game I forgot)

13 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

I was third grade elementary when Pokemon Craze first reached my place.

I remember during every recess and lunch break, kids would fill courtyards and playgrounds clutching Game Boys. It wasn't just the nerds either, even kids you did not expect to be into this stuff. Later there were Pokemon Cards being traded all over the place until the school administration decided to ban Pokemon Card from school properties due to a concern in safety after news of some people getting stabbed for their cards. Man, those Charzards certainly were sought after!

I know my grade school at the time banned them too, I couldn't even read a damn Pokemon book without some safety patrol jerk telling me that's not allowed!

8 hours ago, TrekkieHooves92 said:

I know my grade school at the time banned them too, I couldn't even read a damn Pokemon book without some safety patrol jerk telling me that's not allowed!

I think they gave up after a few years when Digimon took over in a craze that happened when I was 5th grade. They knew they couldn't stop fads.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Error said:

I used to own Pokemon games: Blue,Red, Yellow, Gold and Silver,until they have been stolen. I remember I captured pokemons up to more than 200 pokedex.

Today I own some mostly games to 3ds (Y, Pearl, White and one game I forgot)

Fuck. I hear a lot of stories like this where people had their Game Boys and games stolen.

My friend had his GB stolen by his cousin.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lord Seraph said:

I think they gave up after a few years when Digimon took over in a craze that happened when I was 5th grade. They knew they couldn't stop fads.

Yeah you can't stop the fad! XD

16 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

Is anyone here still speculating more Alolan forms?

Oh I'm sure there's gonna be more of them. I kind of want a new form for Butterfree, and Onix. In tune with them having different forms in the Orange Islands, as Aloha is getting to similar to that. 

Maybe some non-1st gens getting them too, so many 4th gen Pokemon could use an upgrade XD

Welp, first Pokemon game I've ever played was Pokemon Pearl and I absolutely adored it. Then when Gen 5 came out and I got Pokemon White, I didn't enjoy it as much. So I decided to get another Gen 4 Pokemon game and it was Pokemon Platinum which is my favourite Pokemon game ever. Everything I loved in Pearl, was in Platinum, with even more Pokemon and features.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Derp Phantom said:

Welp, first Pokemon game I've ever played was Pokemon Pearl and I absolutely adored it. Then when Gen 5 came out and I got Pokemon White, I didn't enjoy it as much. So I decided to get another Gen 4 Pokemon game and it was Pokemon Platinum which is my favourite Pokemon game ever. Everything I loved in Pearl, was in Platinum, with even more Pokemon and features.

My first game was Pearl, too. :D Though I'd been watching the anime since Kanto (and I now own some of the older games such as Red, Yellow and Emerald) and have tons of cards and figures (and also some of those dog tags you could get in those machines at Toys R Us during gen 3).

2 hours ago, Itcheeee said:

Oh I'm sure there's gonna be more of them. I kind of want a new form for Butterfree, and Onix. In tune with them having different forms in the Orange Islands, as Aloha is getting to similar to that. 

Maybe some non-1st gens getting them too, so many 4th gen Pokemon could use an upgrade XD

What's wrong with the gen 4 Pokemon? ;) That's one of my favourite generations (Luxray being my favourite Pokemon, and I think an Alolan version of it would be awesome anyway).

I should have mentioned a while ago that an official Pokemon Center store exists online, which by my surprise, not many people know about. They got this Mega Charizard hood thing I would get but people would look at me like, but everything on there makes me want to shove my money at the computer screen. Maybe that's a good thing because otherwise I'd go broke and drown in more Pokemon plushies. 

12 hours ago, ChibiDashie said:

I should have mentioned a while ago that an official Pokemon Center store exists online, which by my surprise, not many people know about. They got this Mega Charizard hood thing I would get but people would look at me like, but everything on there makes me want to shove my money at the computer screen. Maybe that's a good thing because otherwise I'd go broke and drown in more Pokemon plushies. 

Yeah, I know about that site. Didn't know that they had that Mega Charizard thing, though. I'll have to take a look at it later.

18 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

How was this allowed in an old Pokemon commercial that aired during daytime TV on children's channels?

pokemon-gif-pants.gif

For the contex

I'M DYING. XD

• Like 1

On 8/30/2016 at 4:12 PM, Peridot said:

What's wrong with the gen 4 Pokemon? ;) That's one of my favourite generations (Luxray being my favourite Pokemon, and I think an Alolan version of it would be awesome anyway).

A lot of them could use more evolution and attention from Gamefreak. They kinda forget them nowdays. Think of an alternate Pachirusu, even. I want to see them get more love, actually :P

2 minutes ago, Itcheeee said:

A lot of them could use more evolution and attention from Gamefreak. They kinda forget them nowdays. Think of an alternate Pachirusu, even. I want to see them get more love, actually :P

For me, gen 4 was the generation of evolutions. It added a bunch of evolutions and pre-evolutions to existing Pokemon.

On September 1, 2016 at 2:08 AM, Lord Seraph said:

How was this allowed in an old Pokemon commercial that aired during daytime TV on children's channels?

pokemon-gif-pants.gif

For the context

Kid's taking Pocket Monsters a bit literally. Still, it appears to be super effective, so more power to him.

Yep, that sure was a 90s commercial.

On August 30, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Peridot said:

That was the gen I stopped playing Pokémon (entirely because of college making me skip Gen 5, I actually enjoyed Diamond (I think it was Diamond), but still), so I don't have the greatest recollection of it, but yeah, Alolan Luxray could be cool.

...I'm hoping for Alolan Gen 4 starters. Just because it'd be something other than Mega Evolutions (which they'll probably get instead, but I can dream, yeah?), and rather unexpected I think.

Also Alolan Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, because that line needs something if Mega Wigglytuff won't be a thing (and also it might give Smash Bros Jiggly some new moves, which would be niceish I think).

Generally hopeful about Sun/Moon tho, almost everything I've seen about it looks great (except Mudsdale. I just don't like Mudsdale for some reason).

I liked Gen 4 for its evolutions and a few new pokemon. Aside from that and maybe the Underground, I didn't really like playing Pearl much. (though I get why some like it)

For me, Gen 5 is probably my current favorite. B/W had a great story and a lot of the game's aspects reminded me of Gens 1&2. (Johto being my previous favorite) The Gen 5 games had a GREAT soundtrack, with B/W having the best end credits sequence (and the ability to skip it if you wish) - and B2/W2 having UNIQUE gym themes. (which SHOULD be a thing again) B/W also had the best Elite 4 and Legendary themes in my opinion.

Gen 5 also had a lot of replayability in it's endgame, with trainers to fight each day among other things. (which can give helpful items to help min/max your team) It was also nice that TM's became re-usable like HM's

I liked having Ghetsis as a villain - it's kind of a big deal that he was the first villain to try to straight up kill the player. N and Colress were fun to spar against too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DawnOfNoob said:

I liked Gen 4 for its evolutions and a few new pokemon. Aside from that and maybe the Underground, I didn't really like playing Pearl much. (though I get why some like it)

For me, Gen 5 is probably my current favorite. B/W had a great story and a lot of the game's aspects reminded me of Gens 1&2. (Johto being my previous favorite) The Gen 5 games had a GREAT soundtrack, with B/W having the best end credits sequence (and the ability to skip it if you wish) - and B2/W2 having UNIQUE gym themes. (which SHOULD be a thing again) B/W also had the best Elite 4 and Legendary themes in my opinion.

Gen 5 also had a lot of replayability in it's endgame, with trainers to fight each day among other things. (which can give helpful items to help min/max your team) It was also nice that TM's became re-usable like HM's

I liked having Ghetsis as a villain - it's kind of a big deal that he was the first villain to try to straight up kill the player. N and Colress were fun to spar against too.

Iin hindsight, I wish I'd gotten at least Black/White 2. I really wish I hadn't missed gen 5, it looked really good when X & Y were coming out and I finally caught Pokemon hype again. *sigh* Ah well.

And I liked the reusable TMs when they showed up in X (and had been mildly annoyed by TMs being one-use previously), didn't know it happened earlier.

And... wait Ghetsis tried to kill the player? Like, actually kill them? In a Pokemon game? I wish I hadn't missed Gen 5, it sounds so awesome now.

Overall, I liked Gen 3 most (can't remember why exactly, probably because Swampert and Blaziken are amazing in Sapphire and I liked LeafGreen quite a bit too) for a long time, though Gen 6 has displaced it since then (primarily because I could finally battle and trade with other people thanks to the internet, which is fun, and remaking Ruby/Sapphire was great too).