Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

So what do you guys think of these latest developments? Ultra Beasts sound epic imo. Now that I know a crucial difference within Sun and Moon (see video for said difference), I'm going for Sun. Also, Type=Null? Looks like Magearna isn't the only man-made Pokemon anymore...

3 hours ago, Anne said:

I'm kinda upset about the Day/Night thing. Its irritating

What are you expecting to be irritating about it, out of curiosity? Personally, I was planning to get both games anyway so more version differences are a plus to me as it won't feel as repetitive.

5 hours ago, Anne said:

I'm kinda upset about the Day/Night thing. Its irritating

It said there's a 12 hour difference between the two. Maybe (I could be wrong) the game will follow an internal clock?

I can't take Alolan Raticate seriously. It's the face, really. Looks like someone pushed it into a window. Also Alolan Rattata has a mustache. Why.

Also, Type-Null. What kind of name is that?

And that little dragon thing has Bulletproof. Anyone think it'll evolve?

Alsoalso, Ultra Beasts.

What

53 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

It said there's a 12 hour difference between the two. Maybe (I could be wrong) the game will follow an internal clock?

That's possible...

And I would like that...

But I'd bet that the Day/Night thing'll be permanent Day in Sun and Nightmare Moon's Endless Night in Moon.

Though I wouldn't rule out a possible way to go from Day to Night and back as a post-game thing. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, Ribbon said:

I can't take Alolan Raticate seriously. It's the face, really. Looks like someone pushed it into a window.

Nice, I got a good laugh out of that one. XD

1 minute ago, Ribbon said:

Also, Type-Null. What kind of name is that?

*shrug* Ya got me.

2 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

I'd bet that the Day/Night thing'll be permanent Day in Sun and Nightmare Moon's Endless Night in Moon.

Though I wouldn't rule out a possible way to go from Day to Night and back as a post-game thing. Wouldn't surprise me.

That'd be nice. The post-game thing, that is.

39 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

Nice, I got a good laugh out of that one. XD

Glad to hear.

40 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

That'd be nice. The post-game thing, that is.

I just read on TVTropes that it's actually just Moon version being offset from the internal clock by 12 hours, so I think you were right earlier (assuming TVTropes got it right).

Also, since I just saw Snorlax's Z-Move...

Snorlax? Running? Never thought I'd see that.

Kinda glad early buyers'll get a free Munchlax now tho, but a little disappointed that there doesn't appear to be an Alolan Snorlax. Ah well.

This preview built up my hype! I think Sun and Moon are going to take even more drastic steps to be unique than Gen 5, which imo, is a great thing!

Also...

ub-01-770x562.png

b1b.jpg

Has anyone pointed this out yet???

• Like 1

Hey, that does look kinda similar.

And I agree that the steps Sun & Moon are taking to be different from past games are great (especially Pokémon-as-boss-fights, I've kinda wanted that for some time).

Still, I'm wondering just what the jellyfish-thing is, exactly. I mean, if it isn't a Pokémon, then what else could it be?

And will we be able to catch it?

9 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

There's new Pokemon info out, but I don't know how to do the "hidden content" thing. Once I figure that out, I'll edit this post.

[+spoiler]Your hidden text[/+spoiler] (remove the +)

3 hours ago, Frécinette said:

[+spoiler]Your hidden text[/+spoiler] (remove the +)

Thanks. Also, I changed my mind about editing that last post, a new post would get more attention.

Okay, Here we go.

Rockruff can evolve into two different forms depending on the time of day it evolves. Meet Lugarugan! (Japanese Name)

Lugarugan Midday form:

corocoro10161.jpg 

Lugaruga Midnight Form!

corocoro10162.jpg

Two new Ultra Beasts! UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion! Note that UB01 has question marks in its name. According to translations, its name is currently a mystery, but it should have some deep meaning.

corocoro10164.jpg

And there you guys have it. What do you think?

New Pokémon stuff, huh? Response in the spoiler.

Is that the second time separate evolutions at day/night has been done in Pokémon, or have there been more than just Eevee > Espeon/Umbreon and I just haven't noticed?

Also, I'm wondering if Nighttime Lugarugan's gonna be part Dark-type. Is there a Rock/Dark-type Pokémon yet?

Alolan Raticate's face no longer looks like it's being pressed against a window, probably due to the angle. I still can't take it seriously tho.

UB02 Beauty looks like a bug. I'm not sure why exactly, it just does.

Also, how does that tiny stick of a bug turn into Mosquito Hugemuscles on the right? Because it looks like those are the same thing (otherwise one would be UB03, right?), but I just can't figure out how that transformation took place. [EDIT: So I just read on TVTropes that UB-02 Beauty is Moon-exclusive and Expansion is Sun-exclusive. If true, that's... interesting... and kinda invalidates my question about one becoming the other somehow...]

By the way, do we know what the Ultra Beasts are, exactly? Has there been any elaboration on that front? Because they kinda look like they could just be regular Pokémon to me.

My first pokemon game was yellow special edition (gen 1) and I liked it a lot, but personally the thing I enjoyed most was emerald (gen 3) but I was dissapoinfed with OR/AS though.

Hey all, a new Pokémon Sun/Moon trailer just dropped today so I'm gonna leave it here, in the spoiler.

So, version-exclusives!

Sun-exclusive Passimian is... A football player? Rugby player? I dunno sports all that well, haha. Either way, Passimian has a new ability called Receiver that lets it copy abilities, though I'm not sure if it copies a fallen ally's ability or the ability of any Pokémon that faints.

Moon-exclusive Oranguru is Normal/Psychic and an orangutan (I think). Oranguru has a new move that gives its ally a second turn, which sounds useful for double battles. Not sure if it does anything in single battles tho. Also not sure on how exactly it works in double battles either, haha.

Rockruff's evolution is named Lycanroc, and is a pure Rock-type. The Midday form (exclusive to Sun) has Keen Eye and Sand Rush for abilities, while the Midnight form (Moon only) has Keen Eye and Vital Spirit. Wonder what other differences there might be between these two...

Edited by Ribbon
Didn't get the video working the first time. Hopefully it's better now.

I guess the first thing I can say is that I've made different Pokémon teams, one for each generation plus a mixed team, not necessarily for competitive purposes, but rather because I felt they were really good and had what I was looking for. Each one was raised to Level 100 and have four IVs at twenty-eight and above--breeding was painful yet the legendaries were even worse.