Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

So Pokemon Go rolled out in your country? Cool.

Enjoy it, mate.

Also, there are a couple of new Pokemon Sun/Moon trailers out: My thoughts and recap are in the spoilers.

First Trailer:

https://youtu.be/ciqAkdXQ9dw

First up, the evolved forms of Alola's starters! Not their final forms tho.

Good news: Litten doesn't look like it'll end up a Fire/Fighting-type. Not really basing that on anything, I just can't see how they'd go fighting-type from Torracat.

I'm still gonna pick Popplio, but Rowlet & Dartrix look neat.

Second, Festival Place. Looks like some kind of online thing. Not sure how it works, exactly. Looks like you can get stuff from it tho.

Third, Poke Pelago. Lets your Pokemon do stuff while in your PC. Looks like they can find evolutionary stones and increase their stats and stuff. Not entirely sure how it works.

Finally, Mega Evolution returns... but I didn't see any new megas.

Still, there's a special demo coming out Tuesday. With... Ash-Greninja? Wut

And you can transfer Ash-Greninja (Seriously, wut) to the full game too.

Second Trailer:

https://youtu.be/RQ4I_0DP4fc

New Pokemon time!

First up, Silvally! Which is... Type-Null's evolution. Didn't see that coming. Also didn't see it basically being man-made!Arceus coming either. Dunno how to feel about this one.

Next up, Hakamo-o and Kommo-o, Jangmo-o's evolutions. Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are both Dragon/Fighting types with Bulletproof/Soundproof as abilities, and Kommo-o gets a new move called Clanging Scales (which I'm willing to bet can be nullified with Soundproof). Looks nice, not for me tho.

Next up, Bounsweet's evolution, Steenee, and Steenee's evolution, Tsareena, both of which are pure Grass-types. Steenee has Leaf Guard/Oblivious as abilities, while Tsareena has Leaf Guard... or something called Queenly Majesty, which... I dunno what it does, but in the trailer it prevented a Pokemon from using Aqua Jet, so maybe it negates priority moves. Also, Tsareena has a new move, Trop Kick. Looks like a grass-type move. Definitely gonna look into this one.

Next up, the... yellow fly thing (I forgot the name, sorry) evolves into... Ribombee, a Bug/Fairy-type with Honey Gather/Shield Dust as abilities. Looks alright, I suppose.

And after that... Alolan Grimer & Muk. Now they're Poison/Dark-types and have Poison Touch/Gluttony for abilities. I don't care for these two at all, but they're more colorful now.

Also, some new trainers are introduced:

Olivia, the kahuna of Akala Island, who has a Nosepass. Wonder where we'll be able to find one of those... If we'll be able to find one of those...

And Ilima, a Trial Captain who specializes in Normal-types. Didn't see any of his Pokemon.

So, um, there ya go. Thoughts?

I kinda can't believe it, I was hoping so much for Fire/Dark! I was sure it was going to be Fighting again...but I'm more hyped then ever now lol Can't wait to actually get my Litten in-game.

Sooo Decidueye is Grass/Ghost... Did not see that coming. And it has a unique attack that prevents switching, and I think is Ghost-type. That could be useful. Neat design too.

Then Incineroar... Thankfully not Fire/Fighting. Fire/Dark could be nice. Kinda looks like a wrestler to me. And its unique move ignores stat changes, and is probably Dark-type. Sounds nice. Hopefully this one doesn't suck.

And finally, Primarina... Called Water/Fairy months ago. And its unique move is probably Water-type and... heals enemy burns? What? That better have ridiculous power or something (or just do extra damage to burned mons), because otherwise I fail to see how that's a good thing. Still, I like the design.

Dammit, now I like all of 'em. I mean, I'm gonna go with Rowlet now (was hyped for Popplio for the longest time, but Dartrix and Decidueye just look so cool... Incineroar's cool too, I just don't like the design as much as Decidueye).

And now I'm starting to wonder what their hidden abilities could be...

EDIT: As for the rest of the trailer...
Tapu Lele looks interesting. Psychic Surge apparently blocks Dark-type attacks (I assume, not 100% sure), which sounds cool.

Tapu Bulu... Grass/Fairy, eh? Also has something called Grass Surge, which... um... maybe increases HP-draining effects? I'm not sure on this one, sorry.

Finally, Tapu Fini... another Water/Fairy. Has Misty Surge for an ability, which... not sure on this one either. Maybe powers up Fairy-type attacks?

And they all share a Z-Move (along with Tapu Koko, who was revealed months ago I think), which... Not what I would've expected. Looks cool.

And after that... More new Pokemon? Nintendo please stahp

Anyway, Cosmog. Cute tiny Psychic thingy with Unaware. I like.

Alolan Persiahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't take that face seriously

Dark-type with Fur Coat/Technician as abilities.

And... "Witness the beginning of the Alolan Pokemon League"? That should be... something.

Also, the Battle Tree. Compete against and alongside cameos from previous games (from the trailer, Cynthia and Wally make appearances here).

And finally (how many times have I said finally in this post and then not ended it?), "Battle Legends!" Red and Blue are back! They're older now! And Red still can't say anything! And you can fight them again!

HYPE GET!

Edited by Ribbon
Watched the rest of the video after the new evolutions, got hype.

21 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Tapu Lele looks interesting. Psychic Surge apparently blocks Dark-type attacks (I assume, not 100% sure), which sounds cool.

Tapu Bulu... Grass/Fairy, eh? Also has something called Grass Surge, which... um... maybe increases HP-draining effects? I'm not sure on this one, sorry.

Finally, Tapu Fini... another Water/Fairy. Has Misty Surge for an ability, which... not sure on this one either. Maybe powers up Fairy-type attacks?

Tapu's abilities:

Tapu Lele: blocks priority moves and boost psychic moves

Tapu Bulu: Regain a bit of hp each turn, boost grass moves, and halves damage from Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze.

Tapu Fini: halves the damage from dragon moves and prevents any status effect, and confusion (may only work if you are touching the ground, idk).

Tapu Bulu ftw.

The page says everything: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

• Like 1

Just now, Gaze said:

Tapu's abilities:

Tapu Lele: blocks priority moves and boost psychic moves

Tapu Bulu: Regain a bit of hp each turn, boost grass moves, and halves damage from Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze.

Tapu Fini: halves the damage from dragon moves and prevents any status effect, and confusion (may only work if you are touching the ground, idk).

Tapu Bulu ftw.

The page says everything: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

Cool, thanks mate!

And now Tapu Lele sounds even better! A Queenly Majesty that also boosts Psychic attacks? Yes please.

Tapu Fini... Wow that sounds kinda OP (though halving Dragon-type damage is probably useless in Single battles since Fairy-types are immune).

And yeah, Tapu Bulu for the win. That is a great ability. Not sure it's quite as good as Tapu Lele (for one, the HP regain affects all grounded mons, which presumably includes enemies. I could see that backfiring. For two, it doesn't block priority, though it does neuter Earthquake and Bulldoze, which is nice).

And the unmentioned-here Tapu Koko's Electric Surge is pretty nice too. Preventing Sleep sounds really useful, and powering up Electric attacks is a nice bonus.
These are all pretty cool, for exclusive abilities.

Thanks again, mate.

So, which starter are you guys going to go with on release? I was originally gunning for Rowlet, but I think I might roll Popplio or Litten for Pokedex completion purposes since my brother is adamant in his choice already.

On another unrelated note, I'm quite happy right now. I got went to a Gamestop a county over a few days ago for the Volcanion promo and got an Arceus code (which still works) from August's promo. Genesect is November's promo - so try and snag him if you want some more free legendaries!

I said I'd start with Rowlet above... But I've changed my mind. I'm going Popplio. I decided on that way back when the starters were revealed, and I'm sticking with that.

Though Rowlet's really cute too, and I like Decidueye the most out of the starters' final evolutions. And Litten grows up into a wrestler, which is neat.

But I know what I'm gonna pick on the 18th. And then I'll hopefully get a Rowlet some other way (maybe Wonder Trade, maybe Global Link, I dunno, but I will), because I really like Rowlet too. And then a Litten, for completion's sake. But first, I'm gonna start on release day with the seal of cuteness.

Also, there was a Volcanion promo?

2 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Also, there was a Volcanion promo?

Yeah...you technically missed it. Gamestop (or similar stores overseas) had codes for it in October. Right now, the same store(s) are distributing Genesects for this month's promo. Now, you might get lucky and they could have some of the earlier card codes left over from previous distributions. The codes still work - and if they have some, they're just sitting behind the counter anyways. You won't know unless you ask.

23 hours ago, DawnOfNoob said:

So, which starter are you guys going to go with on release? I was originally gunning for Rowlet, but I think I might roll Popplio or Litten for Pokedex completion purposes since my brother is adamant in his choice already.

On another unrelated note, I'm quite happy right now. I got went to a Gamestop a county over a few days ago for the Volcanion promo and got an Arceus code (which still works) from August's promo. Genesect is November's promo - so try and snag him if you want some more free legendaries!

In my main version (Sun) I'll be choosing Litten which I will name Shadow, after the hedgehog of the same name lol.

In Moon whenever I get it after finishing Sun, I'm kinda torn on which of the other two to choose. I'll probably go with Rowlet as I love owls. :P

On 11/1/2016 at 5:07 PM, DawnOfNoob said:

I may have to go with all the starters If I can get up to the point where I can trade pokemon. Rowlet's final evolution form doesn't interest me anyway so I'd rather take the challenge and not evolve it like I did in D/P/Pl and B/W1.

Yeah I'm a fan as well.

I'm just not a huge fan of this new gen and the direction it seems to be going.

They don't really seem like Pokemon.

They also should have made Pokemon Z. You don't end a pattern.

Just me obviously though.

:newspaper:

If you guys aren't aware of this, people have been getting pokemon sun & moon early and I clearly found some info on this, but the evidence is all over on youtube, twitch, and some social medias so if you guys don't want to be spoiled, please avoid watching the videos. The info I picked up was this

It is true, some people have access to the full version of Sun and Moon. They weren't obtained through legal means though, they downloaded the preload and managed to hack the game to be able to play it. Nintendo has already started taking actions about this on places like Youtube and Twitch (yes, someone was actually streaming the game) and getting those people banned or blocked. Be extremely careful of spoilers on social media.

so clearly people have been getting the pokemon sun & moon that way.

The other info I picked up was this which is the same guy who gave me that info and said

The game started leaking during the very early morning today I believe, in a certain site that the word filter won't allow me to mention by name. I don't use that site but it eventually spread to Twitter, which I use actively. I follow a few 3DS modders/hackers that eventually managed to get the game. I'd link one of them but a) I don't know if you'd be ok with that, and b) Getting the games through that method is illegal, so I'd rather not spread the leaks. A lot of information has already been datamined, such as changes to old Pokémon, abilities, as well as base stats of new Pokémon, their movepools, etc. I've been avoiding plot details as much as possible, but I do know screenshots for that exist.

so clearly the game was leaked and if nintendo found out who leaked the game, then we're guessing that it's not gonna be pretty. it's pretty much the info that I picked up and the evidence stops there due to forum rule and word filter.

I also do believe that it's normal for nintendo to remove the videos and they have the right to do so.

Yep. Don't watch vids relating to the game. I know that the footage and soundtrack were leaked, just resist the temptation for a week now. Mmmkay?

I'm pretty excited about this game - and this time around, I'm considering actually filling up the Pokedex again since filling it in gen 2. Because of the 2016 monthly promotions, I don't have to indulge ridiculous requests for most of the legendaries. Yay!) 

On 11/10/2016 at 2:37 PM, LostSanity said:

Yeah I'm a fan as well.

I'm just not a huge fan of this new gen and the direction it seems to be going.

They don't really seem like Pokemon.

They also should have made Pokemon Z. You don't end a pattern.

Just me obviously though.

:newspaper:

Didn't me and rikaria say that Pokemon Z isn't happening? You can't expect that to happen. As We told you before If we said that if Pokemon Z isn't happening, it's not happening. It's time to move on and accept the current conditions. It doesn't matter how much you complain about it.

8 hours ago, DawnOfNoob said:

Yep. Don't watch vids relating to the game. I know that the footage and soundtrack were leaked, just resist the temptation for a week now. Mmmkay?

I'm pretty excited about this game - and this time around, I'm considering actually filling up the Pokedex again since filling it in gen 2. Because of the 2016 monthly promotions, I don't have to indulge ridiculous requests for most of the legendaries. Yay!) 

Well I do believe that youtube are sending users off with a warning when they uploaded those pokemon sun & moon videos if they're not removed and then after that, those videos will be removed by nintendo or either way people will get banned and all of those videos will get removed in the process.

It is most likely that we won't be able to use GTS and battle spots in pokemon X/Y/ORAS by the time it gets updated for sun & moon versions, but as of pokemon bank update, i don't know when will that happen

I may be hoping to get all of the starters like my friend does if I can get to the point where I can trade and transfer. If breeding process, then the questions are where to find ditto and the daycare center. The final evolution of rowlet doesn't interest me at all so I may have to take the challenge again Like I did in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Black/White 1 by not evolving the starter.

Didn't me and rikaria say that Pokemon Z isn't happening? You can't expect that to happen. As We told you before If we said that if Pokemon Z isn't happening, it's not happening. It's time to move on and accept the current conditions. It doesn't matter how much you complain about it.

And as I said before that's exactly why I plan on getting 'payback' by using Ash-Greninja in Sun.

Just under two days until Sun/Moon launch. I pre-ordered Sun at Gamestop, I could of gotten Moon but I bought the starter plushies instead. I'll get Moon later on.

Which version is everyone getting, or both?

Well... it comes out tomorrow.

To bad I have to wait a month before playing it. Because I refuse to play it without a walkthrough.

It'll be Sun for me.

HERE COMES LOSTSANITY WITH ASH-GRENINJA. U MAD POKEMON COMPANY?! THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE POKEMON Z. :dealwithit:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LostSanity said:

Well... it comes out tomorrow.

To bad I have to wait a month before playing it. Because I refuse to play it without a walkthrough.

It'll be Sun for me.

HERE COMES LOSTSANITY WITH ASH-GRENINJA. U MAD POKEMON COMPANY?! THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE POKEMON Z. :dealwithit:

You're gonna have to do things on your own without a walkthrough. It doesn't matter that if you need a walkthrough or not, but it'll take a while for the walkthroughs to be released. Everyone else plays the game without a walkthrough or a guide. Everything in Pokemon games is strategy based so you have to plan carefully.

Good luck with that. A lot of people may tend to avoid you for breaking the battle rules that you're playing with and then they tend disconnect in the process for breaking the rules. You can't keep complaining about pokemon Z. Like me and rikaria said quit complaining about pokemon Z and move on to the next game and as my Friend said that if you're gonna be like that (or rage), then pokemon games and other games will not be your thing. Everyone else has to move on.

Getting Moon. Already pre-ordered, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I don't see any reason to grab Sun, since I can just trade online for the Sun-exclusives that I want (so, Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Buzzwole, maybe Turtonator... and that's it, unless there's another pair of version-exclusive Ultra Beasts that I don't know about, in which case I'll be trying to trade for the Sun-exclusive one of those too).

I'M SO EXCITED

Also, is there something bad about using Ash-Greninja that I'm missing? Because Ash-Greninja doesn't seem all that amazing (yeah, it gets buffed Water Shurikens after knocking out an enemy, but that only lasts until the battle you're in ends, and the rest of the time you're using the regular glass-cannon grenouille and hoping you don't eat a hard hit at any time (or a Grass/Electric/Bug/Fighting/Fairy-type hit at all), or at least that's what I remember my experience in Omega Ruby's Battle Maison being when I used Protean Greninja there. Having said that, I don't know if Battle Bond's buff state does anything beyond making Water Shuriken stronger, so it could wind up being pretty neat if it gives the fragile frog respectable defenses or something), though that might just be because I'm comparing it to Protean Greninja (getting STAB on everything while also shifting what you're weak against with every attack of a different type is already a pretty good ability, but on something like Greninja that has a diverse moveset and can run either Physical or Special attacks fairly well, its sheer unpredictability becomes maybe a bit too good, if you ask me). Or maybe I'm just overthinking this, I dunno.

Actually, does anyone know when you'll get Ash-Greninja in-game if you have the demo? Because I have it, and I wanna know when I'll be receiving my awesome amphibian and putting it in the PC until the post-game.

• Like 1