Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Getting Moon. Already pre-ordered, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I don't see any reason to grab Sun, since I can just trade online for the Sun-exclusives that I want (so, Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Buzzwole, maybe Turtonator... and that's it, unless there's another pair of version-exclusive Ultra Beasts that I don't know about, in which case I'll be trying to trade for the Sun-exclusive one of those too).

I'M SO EXCITED

 

Also, is there something bad about using Ash-Greninja that I'm missing? Because Ash-Greninja doesn't seem all that amazing (yeah, it gets buffed Water Shurikens after knocking out an enemy, but that only lasts until the battle you're in ends, and the rest of the time you're using the regular glass-cannon grenouille and hoping you don't eat a hard hit at any time (or a Grass/Electric/Bug/Fighting/Fairy-type hit at all), or at least that's what I remember my experience in Omega Ruby's Battle Maison being when I used Protean Greninja there. Having said that, I don't know if Battle Bond's buff state does anything beyond making Water Shuriken stronger, so it could wind up being pretty neat if it gives the fragile frog respectable defenses or something), though that might just be because I'm comparing it to Protean Greninja (getting STAB on everything while also shifting what you're weak against with every attack of a different type is already a pretty good ability, but on something like Greninja that has a diverse moveset and can run either Physical or Special attacks fairly well, its sheer unpredictability becomes maybe a bit too good, if you ask me). Or maybe I'm just overthinking this, I dunno.

Actually, does anyone know when you'll get Ash-Greninja in-game if you have the demo? Because I have it, and I wanna know when I'll be receiving my awesome amphibian and putting it in the PC until the post-game.

I'm not sure if you can get ash-greninja by the time you get the pokedex so probably i may be thinking that the rewards you get from the demo will be the same as ORAS demo along with the goodies you have earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I'm not sure if you can get ash-greninja by the time you get the pokedex so probably i may be thinking that the rewards you get from the demo will be the same as ORAS demo along with the goodies you have earned.

You're making me wish I played the ORAS Demo right now, haha.

 

...So, I got Pokemon Moon a little while ago, and I'm starting to get into it. Thoughts so far (In Spoilers, so those who don't want anything spoiled don't have to see anything yet):

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SOME CURSING. IF YOU'RE NOT OKAY WITH THAT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS. JUST WANNA WARN YOU A LITTLE.

 

+Kukui is cool. He has a Rockruff, it's adorable as expected. Like a real dog. Why does he keep calling me "cousin" tho?

+Mom has a Meowth. Like, a regular Meowth. And it's so small!

+Lillie has a... cotton candy puff... Pokemon... thingy? That's weird.

+Damn it, all the starters are so cute on the selection screen! How am I supposed to choose?

+Picked Litten as my starter. It wasn't an easy choice, but I like cats more than owls (creepy things) and seals (cute, but not enough), so Litten won out.

+The little scene after you pick a starter is so cute!

+First battle with Hau was really easy. His Rowlet got burned in one Ember, barely even hurt Litten. And then Litten leveled up afterward. I do like this battle music tho, hope it comes back.

+...Did Kukui just say "Pretend you're a Pokemon and use your Agility"?

BEST PROFESSOR

10/10

11/10

Seriously tho that was lame

7.8/10

Too much lameness

+Pikipek looks like an anime woodpecker. Probably intentional. I still don't care for it tho.

+Rockruff. Still adorable. Never evolve.

+A wild Pikipek came at me, so I caught it. Now I never have to do that again. Woo!

+Hey, the registered-to-Pokedex screen has extra Poke Ball icons for Pikipek's evolutions. That's a nice touch.

+Okay actually Pikipek is kinda cute when it just looks around.

+OH SHIT A YUNGOOS
GONNA STOMP OUT THIS INVASIVE SPECIES YEAH

On second thought I'm gonna catch this one
Only this one tho, all the others are gonna die

+Another wild Pikipek attacked. But I only need one, so Litten ember'd it and gained a level.

+So, Pokemon Refresh. I like this take on Amie. It doesn't have tedious minigames any more, instead having grooming. Which I think is an improvement, yeah.

+You can hear Pokemon cries in the field. Not sure what that's supposed to do, but I like it. Adds to the immersion.

+WHOA WHOA HANG ON A SEC
I HAVE ENOUGH LADYBUGS INVADING MY HOUSE
I AIN'T DEALIN' WITH YOUR SHIT TOO LEDYBA

Had to bring out Yungoos to capture it. Litten was too strong (and Ember would've one-shotted the ladybug, so couldn't do that). Tried Pikipek, but Peck would've one-shotted it too, so had to break out Yungoos and his ONE MOVE SRSLY GAMEFREAK I KNOW ITS LEVEL 2 BUT COME ON MAN
At least Yungoos leveled up. And got Leer.

+ANOTHER LEDYBA? BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

+Found a Potion on the ground. Good to see items still look like balls.

+I like how the game darkens the screen a bit to let you know there's a trainer fight ahead.

+Trainer fight. Standard Youngster, with a RattataHANG ON A SEC HERE'S SOMETHING NEW

Rattata is different now. It grew a moustache.

Decided to lead with Ledyba, since I've never used it and have no interest in Pipipek or Yungoos. She HAS ONLY ONE MOVE and couldn't handle New Rattata, so Litten came in to annihilate, a role he did exceptionally well in.

Then I got paid. Yeah.

+Litten gave me a high five. Woo!

+Trainer battle 2. This one's a Lass. She has a Caterpie. Yungoos smacked the worm around and leveled up. He's actually kinda cute, though his mouth really creeps me out.
GET MONEY

Also apparently this Lass has had her Caterpie since birth. Touching.

+Caught a Caterpie. Also, THERE IS A DEDICATED BUTTON FOR USING POKE BALLS NOW
NO MORE GOING THROUGH A MENU TO CATCH SHIT WOO

+FUCK OFF YUNGOOS

I ALREADY CAUGHT ONE OF YOU
GO INVADE SOMEONE ELSE'S REGION
LIKE SINNOH

I caught this one too

Named it Donald Trump

'Cause of the hair

This one has Stakeout

Which seems cool

+The 12-hour time offsetting thing in Moon is kinda weird. But I'm not complaining.

+Also, Litten learned Lick catching Donald Trump.

+AND THEN I REACHED IKI TOWN
AND CUTSCENE TIME STARTED

But then it stopped and I met up with Hau.

+Rowlet's not as cute on the field. Glad I went Litten.

+Kukui and Lillie (and presumably her cotton candy balls) show up to explain what's going on here (well, Kukui does. Lillie's just kinda along for the ride I guess). It's Pokemon battling to please Tapu Koko! Woo!

+Lillie doesn't like watching Pokemon get hurt. She'd probably fit right in in a region with Pokemon Contests. Like Hoenn. Dunno if they have those on Alola tho.

+Hala healed my Pokemon. Cool guy.

+CUTSCENE TIME

This one's cool, all ceremonial an' shit. Then I fought Hau again, and... he's the old dude's grandson? K

+Mom called out for Yungoos to take care of me. I guess she has a different line for every Pokemon you can put in front of your party. Wonder if she has one for Arceus (Impossible without hacking, sure, but still)?
+Hau battle again! Just realized he has a different battle music than those other not-Hau trainers. I like it more.

He's got... a Pichu? Where do I find one of those? Okay, I foresee him having an Alolan Raichu in future battles. He probably still has Rowlet too.

So I sent out Yungoos (not Donald Trump, this is the soon-to-be-Wonder-Traded-unless-anyone-here-wants-a-low-level-Yungoos-with-Strong-Jaw one) because I forgot to re-order my team before starting the fight. He got Charm'd and Tail Whip'd quite a bit, and paralyzed by Static, but he knocked out Pichu.

Then I switched him out for Litten so he could wreck Rowlet. Which he did. It wasn't even a contest. And he leveled up too!
Then I took him into Pokemon Refresh and petted him a bit 'cause he's a good kitty. And fixed not-Donald-Trump's paralysis.

+Hau is surprised by the speed at which I demolished him. Would've been faster if I'd put Litten out front, or Donald Trump.

Apparently he had a blast. And Tapu Koko approved.

Also, Hala gave me a Z Ring. And set me up to take the Island Challenge. As Kukui explains:
"Four islands! You'll travel to each of the four islands here in the Alola region. The island challenge is about aiming to be the strongest Trainer - the island challenge champion. Woo!"
Still don't fully get it, but nice enthusiasm

Oh, you'll explain it later? Thanks! Woo!

+Mom just said "Honey! I'm home!"

To her Meowth.

...Is Meowth my dad?

+So now Lillie is bringing me to Kukui's lab. I was starting to doubt that he was actually a professor, but now that's gonna be put to rest. Woo!

But first, Mom gives me money. And Lillie thinks my mom is nice. Which is a thing.

+FINALLY remember to switch out Yungoos for Litten in my top slot.

+BWAH FUCK A TAUROS
AND IT'S PISSED

Better go another way.

+Also, Lillie's cotton-candy-puff-thingy is a Cosmog. Which is from far, far away and has a very strange power. Which some people apparently want to use. And she'd like me to keep Cosmog's existence a secret.

...Okay...

+Wingull.
WUT

Had to get Litten outta there, sent in Donald Trump. He got confused and Water Gunned, but Tackled Wingull once before I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in and switched in Pikipek. She proceeded to eat two Water Guns and die. So I threw Ledyba in, and she whittled down Wingull to a catchable point.

Ledyba gained a level, and Supersonic. Tossed Yungoos the fuck outta my team in favor of Wingull.

+Found a Mustachioed Rattata. And caught it. It's kinda cute.

+Trainer battle. Another Youngster, who shouted something about kneecaps before the fight started.

He had a... Grubbin. Wut

Rattata started this one, and did quite a bit of damage before I switched in Donald Trump to finish the fight. Which he did. And he leveled up.
+IMMEDIATELY RUN INTO A WINGULL
Rattata had no HP, so I switched him out for Wingull, who confused the wild one, before bringing in Donald Trump for the finish. Trump leveled up again and learned Pursuit. Woo!

Also, Wingull and Rattata leveled up too. Welcome to the team, you two.

+Another Trainer battle so soon! It's a Lass! She brings out a Wingull, and if I didn't just heal Rattata I'd maybe be annoyed by this.

As it stands, Rattata rolls over Wingull with Quick Attack. Bird didn't even try to attack me. Not challenging at all. He leveled up and learned Focus Energy.

+Slowpoke appears. I am okay with this.

Rattata weakened, then got Yawn'd to sleep. Switched out to Wingull to weaken further (not the best call, but it did the job), then caught it n two tries.

Then cured Rattata, who leveled up.

+So, um, Kukui and his Rockruff (WHERE THE HELL DO I FIND ONE OF THOSE) are doing... something. Something for which his body is ready.

And judging by Lillie's reaction, this isn't the first time...

Also apparently Lillie's not so much of an assistant as a guest who tries to assist Kukui.

Not sure what she was worried about tho, Kukui looks fine to me.

And now Rotomdex is happening, as Lillie and Kukui explain.

I like Rotomdex. It's a neat use of a cool concept, far as I'm concerned.

+Kukui fixed me up with a Rotomdex. And asked it to give me a Helping Hand.

BEST PROFESSOR
10/10

11/10

+On a related note AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ROTOMDEX IS TALKING
MY POKEDEX IS HAUNTED
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hang on a sec

Why didn't that happen with any other Rotom devices? Seriously now, why is it that only this Rotom device can talk?

+Lillie read my mind and asked the question I wanted to: How does a talking Pokedex help me? Ash has one of those, and he still can't win a Pokemon League or catch 'em all.

Oh, it's also a navigator. Cool.

+Oh hi Hau!

Kukui is letting Lillie stay in his loft? This dude is awesome.

Also is that a Stufful and a Snubbull in Kukui's lab? Cute.

+Rockruff and Stufful are being chased around by Snubbull during this presentation of CUTSCENE TIME. I approve.

That's where I'm gonna stop!

Overall, I can feel the superiority of Moon to previous Pokemon games already, and I'm loving it.

That's all I got for now. I'll document further thoughts on Moon here in the future, if that's okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Don't use Greninja Too much. There's a level cap in using a high leveled pokemon from trades and gifts. There was a warning about that when you send greninja from the demo to your full game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably won't even begin to use it until the rest of my pokemon are around the level 30 range which is the level range Greninja is in anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez. I'm not gonna make that same mistake again in Pokemon Sun & moon version (as i did in yo-kai watch 2). Never ever save inside the trial area if you're underleveled and haven't stocked up on healing items. That is one of the difficult situations I ever been in and managed to get through that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Jeez. I'm not gonna make that same mistake again in Pokemon Sun & moon version (as i did in yo-kai watch 2). Never ever save inside the trial area if you're underleveled and haven't stocked up on healing items. That is one of the difficult situations I ever been in and managed to get through that situation.

Wait, you can save in those? That's good to know.

I mean, I almost did that right before starting the water trial, and I wouldn't have been able to progress if I had since the Totem Pokemon was too much stronger than my team (and called in an Alomomola. With Heal Pulse. To heal off all the damage I'd sacrificed most of my team to do. So demoralizing.).

Also, which trial area did you save in? Because I remember a couple of those being really rough (or at least having the potential to be, in one case).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ribbon said:

Wait, you can save in those? That's good to know.

I mean, I almost did that right before starting the water trial, and I wouldn't have been able to progress if I had since the Totem Pokemon was too much stronger than my team (and called in an Alomomola. With Heal Pulse. To heal off all the damage I'd sacrificed most of my team to do. So demoralizing.).

Also, which trial area did you save in? Because I remember a couple of those being really rough (or at least having the potential to be, in one case).

Yeah you can save during the trial, but the thing is that it's a 1-way ticket if you save in there and came in unprepared. I do believe I saved in Lush Jungle, The Grass Trial and almost lost to Totem Lurantis because I don't have that much flying and fire type moves and pokemon. Most of my pokemon are like around level 20+ although this time I got lucky. I had to target Trumbeak and then when lurantis called in help after I dropped its HP to half of its health, Castform appeared and then when Lurantis was using solar blade to charge on the 1st turn, I used my Fire Z-Move to drop that half before Castform use sunny day and Lurantis gets me with solar blade.

The Water Trial isn't that bad if you have an electric or grass type, but mostly it's grass type you may want to reduce damage and if they're able to use razor leaf, then that will work. It's not gonna be easy without discharge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Yeah you can save during the trial, but the thing is that it's a 1-way ticket if you save in there and came in unprepared. I do believe I saved in Lush Jungle, The Grass Trial and almost lost to Totem Lurantis because I don't have that much flying and fire type moves and pokemon. Most of my pokemon are like around level 20+ although this time I got lucky. I had to target Trumbeak and then when lurantis called in help after I dropped its HP to half of its health, Castform appeared and then when Lurantis was using solar blade to charge on the 1st turn, I used my Fire Z-Move to drop that half before Castform use sunny day and Lurantis gets me with solar blade.

Wait, what? I had such an easy time with that one! Probably because I just had Torracat Z-Move Lurantis after softening 'er up a little with a Salandit, then moved on to taking down her summoned Trumbeak. I didn't even know Lurantis could summon Castform, but...
Damn that sounds scary. Especially if they gave that Castform something like Sunny Day. Lurantis having 1-turn Solar Blades... Eugh.

7 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

The Water Trial isn't that bad if you have an electric or grass type, but mostly it's grass type you may want to reduce damage and if they're able to use razor leaf, then that will work. It's not gonna be easy without discharge.

I did have both of those (Pichu and Fomantis)! They just couldn't take hits at all (especially Pichu. Not that Fomantis did all that well either, but at least Fomantis lived for multiple turns).

I mean, I reset, went grinding and got through after a few level-ups, but that was the one where I was cutting it closest.

This also made me decide to pick up a Wishiwashi for my current run (since I lost my last file, I'm gonna have to do the first two islands again... Ah well). That giant fish monstrosity is surprisingly durable.

 

On a side note, I wish you could use Rotom-Pokedex as a Pokemon for battling.

Not even necessarily the one you use for your Pokedex, just have an area with a bunch of discarded Pokedexes that another Rotom in your party could possess one of.

Or maybe as a giveaway Pokemon? I dunno, I'd just like to see a fighting Pokedex now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I started with rowlet, but my challenge was not to evolve the starter and not to use any exp support such as exp boost with the exception of traded and pre-evo pokemon, and keeping the exp share off is still on. I would've gained that advantage, but lorantis' initial speed just got me. If I attempt to burn it with flame body, then I won't be able to paralyze lurantis and drop the speed by using my magnemite's thunder wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well I started with rowlet, but my challenge was not to evolve the starter and not to use any exp support such as exp boost with the exception of traded and pre-evo pokemon, and keeping the exp share off is still on. I would've gained that advantage, but lorantis' initial speed just got me. If I attempt to burn it with flame body, then I won't be able to paralyze lurantis and drop the speed by using my magnemite's thunder wave.

Hang on a sec, how were you gonna burn Lurantis with Flame Body? Which Pokemon has that? I'm pretty sure Salandit doesn't, and it's the only Fire-type I can think of that you can get by that point in the game.

Still, that's a good strategy if Lurantis's speed is your primary concern.

Also, do you have to keep your starter in your party all the time with that challenge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Hang on a sec, how were you gonna burn Lurantis with Flame Body? Which Pokemon has that? I'm pretty sure Salandit doesn't, and it's the only Fire-type I can think of that you can get by that point in the game.

Still, that's a good strategy if Lurantis's speed is your primary concern.

Also, do you have to keep your starter in your party all the time with that challenge?

My Fletchinder has that ability and Lurantis has X-Scissor so when lurantis used X-Scissor on my fletchinder, Flame Body ability put lurantis on burning status. I'm pretty sure the burn status just kept damaging lurantis although it's not much of a damage. I could've just let lurantis die with the burn status, but it takes a longer process and not to mention the help too.

I Did that before on D/P/Pl and B/W1, but the team may subject to change in terms of the obstacles and situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to double post around here, but just to give you guys a warning in pokemon sun & moon. My friend warned me and said

Do not save your game in a Pokemon Center or at the Battle Tree. There have been many people who have had their save files corrupted by doing this. Upon loading their game, players’ character models have not loaded properly, or they have been placed inside of a wall and are unable to escape. This may be addressed in a future update, but for the time being don’t risk destroying your save file

also a Friend of mine also told me that it's some kind of anti-hack thing going on. He probably read it on gamefaqs and other site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

My Fletchinder has that ability and Lurantis has X-Scissor so when lurantis used X-Scissor on my fletchinder, Flame Body ability put lurantis on burning status. I'm pretty sure the burn status just kept damaging lurantis although it's not much of a damage. I could've just let lurantis die with the burn status, but it takes a longer process and not to mention the help too.

I Did that before on D/P/Pl and B/W1, but the team may subject to change in terms of the obstacles and situation.

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot about being able to find Fletchlings on Akala.

Though, can't you find a Fletchling with Gale Wings so you don't have to worry about Fletchinder burning things you don't want to burn? I mean, you can have SOS battles at that point, so it's theoretically possible, yeah?

And you... actually might wanna keep Rowlet for a bit if you're still on Akala, since he'll be effective against the Kahuna. Dunno how Rowlet'll stack up against later challenges tho, I didn't pick him for either of my runs (Litten both times, since I had Pokemon I wanted for Water (Wishiwashi, possibly Dewpider>Araquanid if I can find one) and Grass (Lurantis/Tsareena, still deciding on this one) lined up for the future, but the only Fire option (Salandit/Salazzle) is just too fragile for me).

 

Also, I just got hit with a Z-Move. By Hala. Which he didn't do my last time through, so I just assumed he couldn't.

And then Grimer (on another note, Alolan Grimer is surprisingly great for me, like seriously it shouldn't be this helpful) got one-shotted out of nowhere.

Which is really annoying (I still won, of course. My whole team's a little bit overleveled right now since I forgot what level Totem Raticate had and wanted to get my Crabrawler to level 14 to stand a chance (ended up one-shotting it, haha), so Hala didn't stand a chance).

 

Wish I'd remembered to post this yesterday.

 

43 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Sorry to double post around here, but just to give you guys a warning in pokemon sun & moon. My friend warned me and said

Do not save your game in a Pokemon Center or at the Battle Tree. There have been many people who have had their save files corrupted by doing this. Upon loading their game, players’ character models have not loaded properly, or they have been placed inside of a wall and are unable to escape. This may be addressed in a future update, but for the time being don’t risk destroying your save file

also a Friend of mine also told me that it's some kind of anti-hack thing going on. He probably read it on gamefaqs and other site.

Thanks for the warning, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot about being able to find Fletchlings on Akala.

Though, can't you find a Fletchling with Gale Wings so you don't have to worry about Fletchinder burning things you don't want to burn? I mean, you can have SOS battles at that point, so it's theoretically possible, yeah?

And you... actually might wanna keep Rowlet for a bit if you're still on Akala, since he'll be effective against the Kahuna. Dunno how Rowlet'll stack up against later challenges tho, I didn't pick him for either of my runs (Litten both times, since I had Pokemon I wanted for Water (Wishiwashi, possibly Dewpider>Araquanid if I can find one) and Grass (Lurantis/Tsareena, still deciding on this one) lined up for the future, but the only Fire option (Salandit/Salazzle) is just too fragile for me).

 

Also, I just got hit with a Z-Move. By Hala. Which he didn't do my last time through, so I just assumed he couldn't.

And then Grimer (on another note, Alolan Grimer is surprisingly great for me, like seriously it shouldn't be this helpful) got one-shotted out of nowhere.

Which is really annoying (I still won, of course. My whole team's a little bit overleveled right now since I forgot what level Totem Raticate had and wanted to get my Crabrawler to level 14 to stand a chance (ended up one-shotting it, haha), so Hala didn't stand a chance).

 

Wish I'd remembered to post this yesterday.

 

Thanks for the warning, mate.

Apparently Gale wings is only good for competitive side. I use Flame Body to hatch eggs faster and not to mention lowering phy atk stat with a burn Status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Apparently Gale wings is only good for competitive side. I use Flame Body to hatch eggs faster and not to mention lowering phy atk stat with a burn Status

Ah, I meant having Gale Wings so you wouldn't burn stuff with Flame Body when you didn't want to. As a backup thing.

And yeah, after the nerf Gale Wings isn't that good of an ability any more, even for competitive. Went from Flying-type moves get Quick Attack-level priority all the time, to the same thing, but only at full HP. Really sucks, given that priority got some nerfing anyway via Tsareena/Bruxish/Tapu Lele.

 

Still, Flame Body is more useful overall, yeah.

 

So, where are you at in your game? I just got to Akala and got the Zygarde Cube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the 3rd island and got myself steelium and Electrium Z. You may wanna get a rock-type for the electric trial since Flying-Type moves will only do normal damage. I may be suggesting to get a Lycanroc for the trial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I'm on the 3rd island and got myself steelium and Electrium Z. You may wanna get a rock-type for the electric trial since Flying-Type moves will only do normal damage. I may be suggesting to get a Lycanroc for the trial

I have a Rockruff, which I'll be evolving to Midnight-Lycanroc at some point. Will that do? Or would I be able to find Minior and/or Alolan Geodude on that island? Because I've been kinda interested in those two (primarily Minior tho). Thanks for the tip, mate.

Also hang on a sec, I thought Electric resisted Flying. Alsoalso wouldn't bringing a Flying-type to an Electric trial be a bad idea since that's super-effective on flying-types?
EDIT: Hang on another sec, I just had the third Hau battle, and Rock isn't super-effective against Electric types. Why would I bring a Rock-type to the Electric trial? Did you mean Ground-type, mate?

On another note, I just lucked out and caught an Eevee, but I have no idea what I should evolve it into. So, um, what should I evolve my Eevee into? Still on Akala, so I don't think I'll be able to do Glaceon for a while, but the other Eeveelutions should be doable right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

I have a Rockruff, which I'll be evolving to Midnight-Lycanroc at some point. Will that do? Or would I be able to find Minior and/or Alolan Geodude on that island? Because I've been kinda interested in those two (primarily Minior tho). Thanks for the tip, mate.

Also hang on a sec, I thought Electric resisted Flying. Alsoalso wouldn't bringing a Flying-type to an Electric trial be a bad idea since that's super-effective on flying-types?
EDIT: Hang on another sec, I just had the third Hau battle, and Rock isn't super-effective against Electric types. Why would I bring a Rock-type to the Electric trial? Did you mean Ground-type, mate?

On another note, I just lucked out and caught an Eevee, but I have no idea what I should evolve it into. So, um, what should I evolve my Eevee into? Still on Akala, so I don't think I'll be able to do Glaceon for a while, but the other Eeveelutions should be doable right now.

Well The electric trial is loaded with Charjabug followed by Vikavolt as a totem pokemon so they're bug/electric. Using Ground type will nullify electric types, but it will not protect you from bug type moves. Using Grass type will reduce damage from electric types, but opened to bug types so yeah you may wanna use lycanroc. I may suggesting having accelrock and rock tomb to your advantage or if lycanroc is at higher level and has rock slide learned, then that will work and it will kill charjabug and damage vikavolt at the same time.

Rikaria (the person I mentioned in my previous posts) said that

if you don't modify your 3DS at all, you're 100% fine and will NOT get this "glitch".

. I'm trying to see If this information is confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well The electric trial is loaded with Charjabug followed by Vikavolt as a totem pokemon so they're bug/electric. Using Ground type will nullify electric types, but it will not protect you from bug type moves. Using Grass type will reduce damage from electric types, but opened to bug types so yeah you may wanna use lycanroc. I may suggesting having accelrock and rock tomb to your advantage or if lycanroc is at higher level and has rock slide learned, then that will work and it will kill charjabug and damage vikavolt at the same time.

Rikaria (the person I mentioned in my previous posts) said that

. I'm trying to see If this information is confirmed.

Oh, having a Rock-type makes sense in that case. Though Midnight-Lycanroc (the one you evolve in Moon) doesn't get Accelerock, but I should be able to get at least Rock Tomb before leaving Akala.

And I have a Grass-type (Lurantis or Tsareena, dunno which yet), Torracat (Fire beats Bug, yeah?) and maybe Munchlax/Snorlax (thank you Mystery Gift) to put in work if Rockruff/Lycanroc faints.

And good to hear that the glitch is just on modded 3DSes. I've got nothing to worry about if that's true (though I'll probably save outside Pokémon Centers anyway, just because I usually do).

 

On another note, do you think Wishiwashi would help me against Olivia? I already have Crabrawler (Fighting-type with Fightinium Z, plus has Bubblebeam at the moment, but is a tad slow and I'm not 100% confident in her hit-taking ability), Fomantis (Grass-type, though I'm betting she'll have trouble taking hits, and she's also quite slow) or Steenee/Tsareena (dunno if she'll be fully evolved in time for the battle, though she'll be faster than Fomantis regardless), and Dewpider/Araquanid (freshly caught, and Water Bubble will make it crazy strong against Olivia, but it's rather slow, so I might see it die to a surprise Z-Move), but maybe I should train up a Wishiwashi as an additional super-effective hitter? Primarily as a slowmon (like the rest of my team, except for Torracat and Pikachu, one of whom (probably Torracat, since he'd take super-effective damage from Rock I think, and Pikachu can paralyze which I might need) may be switched out for Wishiwashi) with more defenses (Totem Wishiwashi left quite an impression on me) so it might survive multiple turns (a recurring problem with Fomantis, and Pichu until she evolved, and even then I doubt Pikachu'll last long against Olivia).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Oh, having a Rock-type makes sense in that case. Though Midnight-Lycanroc (the one you evolve in Moon) doesn't get Accelerock, but I should be able to get at least Rock Tomb before leaving Akala.

And I have a Grass-type (Lurantis or Tsareena, dunno which yet), Torracat (Fire beats Bug, yeah?) and maybe Munchlax/Snorlax (thank you Mystery Gift) to put in work if Rockruff/Lycanroc faints.

And good to hear that the glitch is just on modded 3DSes. I've got nothing to worry about if that's true (though I'll probably save outside Pokémon Centers anyway, just because I usually do).

 

On another note, do you think Wishiwashi would help me against Olivia? I already have Crabrawler (Fighting-type with Fightinium Z, plus has Bubblebeam at the moment, but is a tad slow and I'm not 100% confident in her hit-taking ability), Fomantis (Grass-type, though I'm betting she'll have trouble taking hits, and she's also quite slow) or Steenee/Tsareena (dunno if she'll be fully evolved in time for the battle, though she'll be faster than Fomantis regardless), and Dewpider/Araquanid (freshly caught, and Water Bubble will make it crazy strong against Olivia, but it's rather slow, so I might see it die to a surprise Z-Move), but maybe I should train up a Wishiwashi as an additional super-effective hitter? Primarily as a slowmon (like the rest of my team, except for Torracat and Pikachu, one of whom (probably Torracat, since he'd take super-effective damage from Rock I think, and Pikachu can paralyze which I might need) may be switched out for Wishiwashi) with more defenses (Totem Wishiwashi left quite an impression on me) so it might survive multiple turns (a recurring problem with Fomantis, and Pichu until she evolved, and even then I doubt Pikachu'll last long against Olivia).

You're good on the type advantage, but It's just that the supply and level matters so you should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

You're good on the type advantage, but It's just that the supply and level matters so you should be good.

Ah, alright then. Gonna think about using Wishiwashi after I catch this one (and hope Fomantis doesn't one-shot like the last one).

Thanks, mate.

 

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I JUST KILLED LIKE 8 FUCKING WISHIWASHI

AND THEY'RE STILL COMING

I KNOW SCHOOLING IS THEIR THING

BUT IT'S NOT HELPING ANYONE HERE

THEY JUST KEEP GETTING LIGHTNING'D BY PIKACHU

AND I DON'T THINK THAT'S HOW SCHOOLING WORKS

BUT ANYWAY

JUST STOP SO I CAN CATCH THIS ONE

I HAVE IT PARALYZED AND EVERYTHING

COME ON NOW

I THINK EVERYONE ON MY TEAM HAS LEVELED UP AT LEAST ONCE

AND DEWPIDER MAY BE ON TRACK TO GET TWO

HOW DO I MAKE THIS END

...

Is there a limit to how many Pokemon can get called in an SOS battle? Because I think I might've reached it, but I dunno for sure.

Also, I finally got one on his own and Great Ball'd him to be safe. And Dewpider did not get two levels.

Edited by Ribbon
RAGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Ah, alright then. Gonna think about using Wishiwashi after I catch this one (and hope Fomantis doesn't one-shot like the last one).

Thanks, mate.

 

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I JUST KILLED LIKE 8 FUCKING WISHIWASHI

AND THEY'RE STILL COMING

I KNOW SCHOOLING IS THEIR THING

BUT IT'S NOT HELPING ANYONE HERE

THEY JUST KEEP GETTING LIGHTNING'D BY PIKACHU

AND I DON'T THINK THAT'S HOW SCHOOLING WORKS

BUT ANYWAY

JUST STOP SO I CAN CATCH THIS ONE

I HAVE IT PARALYZED AND EVERYTHING

COME ON NOW

I THINK EVERYONE ON MY TEAM HAS LEVELED UP AT LEAST ONCE

AND DEWPIDER MAY BE ON TRACK TO GET TWO

HOW DO I MAKE THIS END

...

Is there a limit to how many Pokemon can get called in an SOS battle? Because I think I might've reached it, but I dunno for sure.

Also, I finally got one on his own and Great Ball'd him to be safe. And Dewpider did not get two levels.

You could try using a weaker pokemon like butterfree or morelull. Using Sleep Powder will increase the catch rate also it will prevent the pokemon from calling for help.

I'm doing a detour right now, but the thing is that i'm trying to get a modest abra with synchronize ability, but not much luck going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

You could try using a weaker pokemon like butterfree or morelull. Using Sleep Powder will increase the catch rate also it will prevent the pokemon from calling for help.

I'm doing a detour right now, but the thing is that i'm trying to get a modest abra with synchronize ability, but not much luck going on.

Oh, good luck with that, mate.

 

And that's a good idea, on Sleep Powder. Almost makes me wish I had something that learned Sleep Powder, or Hypnosis, or something like those.

 

Also, I just ran into Lurantis pulling out a Castform. That was very annoying, but actually might've been winnable if I'd started with Grimer and poisoned at least Lurantis instead of starting by blowing my Z-Move (partially to get Lurantis poisoned and hopefully negate the Synthesis-spam that did in my last try, partially so I can have Sunny Day powering Torracat's Z-Move and maybe one-shot Lurantis this time around).

How did you deal with that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Oh, good luck with that, mate.

 

And that's a good idea, on Sleep Powder. Almost makes me wish I had something that learned Sleep Powder, or Hypnosis, or something like those.

 

Also, I just ran into Lurantis pulling out a Castform. That was very annoying, but actually might've been winnable if I'd started with Grimer and poisoned at least Lurantis instead of starting by blowing my Z-Move (partially to get Lurantis poisoned and hopefully negate the Synthesis-spam that did in my last try, partially so I can have Sunny Day powering Torracat's Z-Move and maybe one-shot Lurantis this time around).

How did you deal with that one?

Synthesis has 5 PP so if you burn that move off, you should be ok although if lurantis uses solar blade, you should have a chance to strike it with a fire-type move or Fire Z-Move. Poison status works, but if you want it to be badly poisoned, A possible Poison fang would work. Is it totem lurantis that you're stuck on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now