Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

2 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Synthesis has 5 PP so if you burn that move off, you should be ok although if lurantis uses solar blade, you should have a chance to strike it with a fire-type move or Fire Z-Move. Poison status works, but if you want it to be badly poisoned, A possible Poison fang would work. Is it totem lurantis that you're stuck on?

Yeah, Totem Lurantis had me for a bit.

And... wait Synthesis only has 5 PP? Damn, I thought it had more. Slightly disappointed, if only because I'm raising up a Fomantis right now who'll be getting that at some point.

Poison Fang might've worked, if Grimer could survive long enough to get multiple hits in (to make it more likely to get the poison status). I went with Poison Gas (simply because it just poisons if it hits, as opposed to having a chance of poisoning, and I needed the poison damage more than I needed Toxic-style poisoning in particular... though it would've worked, if Grimer could take a bunch of hits... unlike mine).

But that's over now, since starting Grimer ended up working. Poison Gas'd Lurantis on the first turn, tried to do the same to Trumbeak (thankfully it wasn't Castform this time) and failed, then Grimer fainted, then Torracat got confused before I could get his speed up so I had to send Lycanroc in to try lowering Lurantis's speed with Rock Tomb.

Which failed, since Lurantis had a Power Herb. I guess that's just in case Castform can't get Sunny Day up.

But then Torracat came in, and between poison damage and Fire Z-Move, I offed Lurantis. And then brought in Pikachu to wreck Trumbeak.

And now I have Grassium Z. Woo!

And apparently the Mallow Special is really spicy. Huh.

On another note, the way Lurantis sneaks up on you before the Totem fight makes 'er look taller than your trainer, but then they look like they're about the same height in the next shot. Weird. Or maybe it's just me.

And on a final, scarier note, I just read the Pokedex, and Araquanid is 5'11". That's a spider that's somewhat fireproof (via Water Bubble) and taller than me:why:

Just thought I'd share that. Now, off to catch a Wimpod (which can Wimp Out even when I used Spider Web to prevent fleeing, as I just found out) and a Bounsweet!

I think i'm gonna have to come up with another plan how to get freeze-dry on vulpix, but the thing is that I need to smeargle to sketch it and the only way to do that is to get smeargle to sketch the move and it has to be done on SoS or double battle.

8 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I think i'm gonna have to come up with another plan how to get freeze-dry on vulpix, but the thing is that I need to smeargle to sketch it and the only way to do that is to get smeargle to sketch the move and it has to be done on SoS or double battle.

Is there a Move Reminder in Alola? Because if you find one, and evolve a Vanillite into Vanilluxe, that guy can make Vanilluxe remember Freeze-Dry and then you can probably breed onto Vulpix from there. I think Glalie can do this too.

Of course, I'm just reading these off Bulbapedia, and I'm not sure those two can breed with Vulpix so this might not work. Just a suggestion.

On another note, I just fought an Ultra Beast.

It was really easy.

Maybe it's just that my team is a bit overleveled (or at least, Araquanid is), but Araquanid just laughed off multiple Venoshocks, hit it with a Leech Life (which wasn't all that effective, but whatever), then Z-Move'd for the finish.

Kinda disappointing, really. With a name like Ultra Beasts, I expected better.

And then Hau got some Big Malasadas for... being there, I guess... and I got the Psychic TM for wrecking a flying jellyfish (that takes super-effective damage from Water-type attacks, for some reason).

And then, another Hau battle. Will be discussed (briefly, I promise) in spoilers, for those who don't want spoilers:

Alolan Raichu wrecks my team really easy. Like, one-to-two-hit-KOs-my-whole-team easy. Had to throw away Torracat dealing significant damage via Bite, then almost lost Lycanroc too before she finished A-Raichu off.

Then Vaporeon. For one turn, since I guess Hau didn't like Vape's odds against Steenee, so Dartrix came out and one-shotted. Then Lycanroc does a load of damage with Rock Tomb, then ate Bloom Doom and died. Pikachu comes out for the finish with Volt Tackle (which isn't super effective. Huh). Then I revive Steenee and nuke Vaporeon with Catastropika (which has 210 BASE POWER HOLY FUCK).

Ah, catharsis.

Pikachu gains a very well-deserved level, and Steenee hits level 28 (and I'm sure she could've handled Vaporeon, if Hau hadn't switched to his owl).

I'm seriously not sure whether I should go with Lurantis or Tsareena for my team's Grass-type any more. They're both Grass-types, and they seem pretty similar to be honest, and I like both of 'em, but I don't wanna use both because my team has enough problems with type coverage as it is (see Alolan Raichu's ability to wreck my whole team except Torracat, Lycanroc and maybe Pikachu in one shot). I have both in my team until they evolve, then I'll have to decide. If anyone has an idea as to which I should go with, please say something.

Edited by Ribbon
Bit of trouble with Spoiler Tags

I got smeargle to sketch freeze-dry from my glalie because obviously if I attempt to use freeze-dry with 1 smeargle in battle, it's not gonna get me freeze-dry so I had make it call for help.

I'm starting to think that my friend said that this whole glitch thing was a hoax. Take a look at this

Huh. Good to hear that's just a failed attempt at cheating, then.

And good luck with Freeze-Dry Vulpix, mate.

Also, I didn't know this, but Pokemon at max affection can survive being hit while at 1 HP.

Which I know because Pikachu survived multiple lethal hits stalling against Totem Vikavolt. And then fainted due to Volt Tackle recoil. Actually made me feel a little bad.

But then Lycanroc smacked Vikavolt with Continental Crush, and all was well.

So yeah. Get max affection in Pokemon Refresh and sometimes your Pokemon will be immortal.

On a less positive note, I wish trainers had more Pokemon. I honestly can't remember the last trainer I saw who had more than 2 Pokemon, and I can't help but wish they had more, if only on Ula'Ula and beyond (c'mon, gimme some difficulty outside the Totem Pokemon!).

4 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Huh. Good to hear that's just a failed attempt at cheating, then.

And good luck with Freeze-Dry Vulpix, mate.

Also, I didn't know this, but Pokemon at max affection can survive being hit while at 1 HP.

Which I know because Pikachu survived multiple lethal hits stalling against Totem Vikavolt. And then fainted due to Volt Tackle recoil. Actually made me feel a little bad.

But then Lycanroc smacked Vikavolt with Continental Crush, and all was well.

So yeah. Get max affection in Pokemon Refresh and sometimes your Pokemon will be immortal.

On a less positive note, I wish trainers had more Pokemon. I honestly can't remember the last trainer I saw who had more than 2 Pokemon, and I can't help but wish they had more, if only on Ula'Ula and beyond (c'mon, gimme some difficulty outside the Totem Pokemon!).

Well I managed to get freeze-dry and moonblast modest vulpix though. The thing about pulling this off is that it has to be done in a double battle vs. 2 trainers and a SoS battle against smeargle. You have to use the adrenaline orb in order to get another smeargle from SoS and allow that smeargle to sketch freeze-dry off from glalie or suitable pokemon that can use the move. Now as for the trainer battle, you need smeargle to learn another sketch so once you get the move, you need to enter a double battle against a trainer and a sylveon with moonblast. You just need to get sylveon to use moonblast and then have smeargle use sketch on sylveon after moonblast is used.

Yeah that's how the perks work for pokemon refresh, but I decided not to use it with the exception of getting sylveon. The affection was introduced in X/Y via pokemon Amie and the perks you get for affections are increased exp, crit, and enduring rate.

I got myself Umbreon as well, but it's gonna be my main tank in buying the time for heals. Moneymaking is tough in sun & moon right now. Been spending a lot of money on supplies.

1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well I managed to get freeze-dry and moonblast modest vulpix though. The thing about pulling this off is that it has to be done in a double battle vs. 2 trainers and a SoS battle against smeargle. You have to use the adrenaline orb in order to get another smeargle from SoS and allow that smeargle to sketch freeze-dry off from glalie or suitable pokemon that can use the move. Now as for the trainer battle, you need smeargle to learn another sketch so once you get the move, you need to enter a double battle against a trainer and a sylveon with moonblast. You just need to get sylveon to use moonblast and then have smeargle use sketch on sylveon after moonblast is used.

Yeah that's how the perks work for pokemon refresh, but I decided not to use it with the exception of getting sylveon. The affection was introduced in X/Y via pokemon Amie and the perks you get for affections are increased exp, crit, and enduring rate.

I got myself Umbreon as well, but it's gonna be my main tank in buying the time for heals. Moneymaking is tough in sun & moon right now. Been spending a lot of money on supplies.

So you got your Freeze-Dry Vulpix? That's great, mate!

And yeah, I knew about the effects of Pokemon Amie/Refresh, but I didn't know it could save Pokemon at 1 HP from fainting. I thought it was just a sometimes-active-and-not-requiring-full-HP Sturdy-esque effect.

Glad to hear your team;s coming along.

I just caught a Minior and started training up my old Magnemite so I could handle the Ghost Trial (TVTropes told me who the Totem Pokemon is so I knew to dust off Magnemite before going in, make it a Magneton).

Also, since you're farther ahead in the game than I am...

Please tell me that trainers start having more than two Pokemon before the Elite Four. Beating down trainers is getting too easy, and I'm not convinced that it's because I'm a little overleveled anymore.

I mean, yes, Totem Pokemon battles are definitely a difficulty spike, and I like that, but I'd like some occasional difficult trainer battles between them too, y'know?

On another note, the Ghost trial is actually creepy. Nice going, Game Freak. Spoilers for the Ghost Trial and my run of it in the spoiler:

On a lighter note, a Gastly just KO'd itself trying to use Curse on my Minior. Stupid ghost.

And the Totem Mimikyu beat Minior faster than anticipated, and one-shotted Magneton (so much for that strategy, eh?), but then Incineroar dodge a Play Rough, survived a second one, and took out the Totem in two Darkest Lariats (not sure if Darkest Lariat ignored the Totem Pokemon aura bonus... I assume it would because it ignores stat changes, but I dunno for sure).

And on a Ghost-related note, Mimikyu is adorable. Especially when the disguise falls off, and it's just flopped over. It's so cute~ So glad I caught one!

Acerola is also cute. Especially the Ghostium dance~

On a final note, I kinda wish one of the Totem Pokemon battles was styled like a trainer battle, with the Totem Pokemon (for example... Oranguru. Or maybe Shiinotic) sending a bunch of other Pokemon in one at a time, then jumping in after you beat all of the other Pokemon the Totem Pokemon had summoned.

37 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

If you got lycanroc or dark-type pokemon like umbreon, you should have no problem with the ghost trial.

Wait, Lycanroc? I tossed him from my team for Magneton. Spoilers for those who haven't gotten to the Ghost Trial in the spoiler:

My strategy going in was to have Minior remove the disguise and do as much damage as possible before fainting, then have Magneton pull out the Steel Z-Move and wreck Mimikyu, then panic and throw together a strategy quickly if that didn't work.

I dunno if that strategy would've worked out, 'cause Mimikyu one-shotted Magneton before I got the chance to Z-Move it. And then, as I described in the spoiler in my previous post (guess I should've marked that, yeah?), Incineroar saved me with Darkest Lariat.

And actually, wouldn't Mimikyu have just used Play Rough on a Dark-type to stop you from using those (except Incineroar, because Fire/Dark isn't hit super-effectively by Fairy)? Plus, Ghost/Fairy would only be hit neutrally by Dark-type attacks. Wouldn't catching a Ghost-type work better, since those can hit super-effectively? Or a Steel-type, since I don't think Ghost resists Steel (that was my logic for using Magneton over Lycanroc, that I could use the Steel-type Z-Move to make a big dent in Mimikyu).

Actually, you're right. Lycanroc could've been a good idea, now that I think about it. Well, Midday Lycanroc anyway, since that one gets a priority move. Not sure why Midnight didn't get Accelerock, since it's the slower form. But anyway, yeah having Lycanroc would've let me use Bite with something with respectable defenses, which would've helped.

So, did you get to the Elite Four yet? And is it just the Kahunas?

Also, Sharpedo riding is a thing. And it just looks ridiculous. :ajlol:But then, so does Sharpedo in general, really.

I now want a Wave Race minigame to be in this game, but with Sharpedo riding. It'd totally work.

35 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Wait, Lycanroc? I tossed him from my team for Magneton. Spoilers for those who haven't gotten to the Ghost Trial in the spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

My strategy going in was to have Minior remove the disguise and do as much damage as possible before fainting, then have Magneton pull out the Steel Z-Move and wreck Mimikyu, then panic and throw together a strategy quickly if that didn't work.

I dunno if that strategy would've worked out, 'cause Mimikyu one-shotted Magneton before I got the chance to Z-Move it. And then, as I described in the spoiler in my previous post (guess I should've marked that, yeah?), Incineroar saved me with Darkest Lariat.

And actually, wouldn't Mimikyu have just used Play Rough on a Dark-type to stop you from using those (except Incineroar, because Fire/Dark isn't hit super-effectively by Fairy)? Plus, Ghost/Fairy would only be hit neutrally by Dark-type attacks. Wouldn't catching a Ghost-type work better, since those can hit super-effectively? Or a Steel-type, since I don't think Ghost resists Steel (that was my logic for using Magneton over Lycanroc, that I could use the Steel-type Z-Move to make a big dent in Mimikyu).

Actually, you're right. Lycanroc could've been a good idea, now that I think about it. Well, Midday Lycanroc anyway, since that one gets a priority move. Not sure why Midnight didn't get Accelerock, since it's the slower form. But anyway, yeah having Lycanroc would've let me use Bite with something with respectable defenses, which would've helped.

So, did you get to the Elite Four yet? And is it just the Kahunas?

Also, Sharpedo riding is a thing. And it just looks ridiculous. :ajlol:But then, so does Sharpedo in general, really.

I now want a Wave Race minigame to be in this game, but with Sharpedo riding. It'd totally work.

Not yet. Due to my challenge and fully enjoying the game, I just need to take some detours and grind some of my pokemon. Only 2-3 people that I know are close and been to the E4 by now. I had to breed some rowlets and vulpix to give to my friends. Well one of the people I know asked about the E4 and I did say to keep your items well stocked and if you need to buy the time, use umbreon or steel-type pokemon to buy the time to recover.

34 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Not yet. Due to my challenge and fully enjoying the game, I just need to take some detours and grind some of my pokemon. Only 2-3 people that I know are close and been to the E4 by now. I had to breed some rowlets and vulpix to give to my friends. Well one of the people I know asked about the E4 and I did say to keep your items well stocked and if you need to buy the time, use umbreon or steel-type pokemon to buy the time to recover.

Ah, alright. That's cool.

So, uh, Po Town is so run-down. It looks like no one even knows what they're doing with the place. I mean, I know it's a town taken over by the comically-inept Team Skull, but this isn't funny, it just looks kinda sad.

Having said that, IT HAS A TRAINER WITH MORE THAN TWO POKEMON! I HAVE BEEN WAITING THE WHOLE DAMN GAME FOR THIS SHIT

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S STILL KINDA EASY SINCE MIMIKYU IS KINDA BREAKING THE GAME FOR ME RIGHT NOW (seriously Disguise+Swords Dance is really good, especially when the AI decides to do Sucker Punch and give me free Swords Dances without breaking my Disguise, if you don't have a Mimikyu you should get one and give it Swords Dance as soon as you can 'cause holy master balls this feels pretty OP right now) I WANT MORE TRAINERS LIKE THIS GUY PLEASE

Edited by Ribbon

I'm starting to think that moneymaking is tough in this game. The requests by certain NPCs that wants you to catch pokemon for them can only be done once and hano grand resort can only be done once per day and you get about 20k per day.

I got myself a chikorita via Island Scan. Well I had to get it female and my sylveon was the only male pokemon with cute charm so I had to use it to get a female chikorita. I did get myself a female rowlet as well.

What's Island Scan? And how does it get you extra starters?

And yeah, making money might be a bit hard toward the endgame, though I haven't had any problems by just beating trainers and selling Comet Shards/Stardusts/Mushrooms/Pearls when I came across them. Though I'm still not finished with the game yet, so maybe it gets rougher by endgame? I wouldn't know yet.

Do you have that promotional Munchlax they gave away over Mystery Link? Because that thing knows Happy Hour, which doubles the money you get from beating trainers, and that might help deal with your money problems a bit. I think it's still available too.

Also, does Alolan Meowth know Pay Day? Because that sounds like it'd help you too, though I dunno for sure.

On another note, Guzma is actually difficult when you can't just one-shot Golisopod (decided to bench Pikachu until I find the Move Reminder, so no Catastropika this time). Not especially hard (Stealth Rock makes Golisopod easier after Emergency Exit activates, though perhaps don't start the battle with that like I did and got Lycanroc one-shotted, and Mimikyu with Disguise/Swords Dance continues her difficulty-annihilating amazingness), but a definite step up in difficulty from the Team Skull grunts (guess I should've expected that, yeah?).

Here's hoping the difficulty continues from here.

And also that more trainers use 3+ Pokemon.
EDIT: AND GLADION AND NANU USE 3 POKEMON IN THEIR NEXT FIGHTS

AND NANU WAS ACTUALLY A BIT DIFFICULT

(Not Gladion, his team fell too quickly, and Type: Null couldn't deal any real damage to Mimikyu thanks to Swords Dance-boosted Leech Life)

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by Ribbon
HAPPINESS

56 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

What's Island Scan? And how does it get you extra starters?

And yeah, making money might be a bit hard toward the endgame, though I haven't had any problems by just beating trainers and selling Comet Shards/Stardusts/Mushrooms/Pearls when I came across them. Though I'm still not finished with the game yet, so maybe it gets rougher by endgame? I wouldn't know yet.

Do you have that promotional Munchlax they gave away over Mystery Link? Because that thing knows Happy Hour, which doubles the money you get from beating trainers, and that might help deal with your money problems a bit. I think it's still available too.

Also, does Alolan Meowth know Pay Day? Because that sounds like it'd help you too, though I dunno for sure.

On another note, Guzma is actually difficult when you can't just one-shot Golisopod (decided to bench Pikachu until I find the Move Reminder, so no Catastropika this time). Not especially hard (Stealth Rock makes Golisopod easier after Emergency Exit activates, though perhaps don't start the battle with that like I did and got Lycanroc one-shotted, and Mimikyu with Disguise/Swords Dance continues her difficulty-annihilating amazingness), but a definite step up in difficulty from the Team Skull grunts (guess I should've expected that, yeah?).

Here's hoping the difficulty continues from here.

And also that more trainers use 3+ Pokemon.
EDIT: AND GLADION AND NANU USE 3 POKEMON IN THEIR NEXT FIGHTS

AND NANU WAS ACTUALLY A BIT DIFFICULT

(Not Gladion, his team fell too quickly, and Type: Null couldn't deal any real damage to Mimikyu thanks to Swords Dance-boosted Leech Life)

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Well The Island scan can scan pokemon and it may vary by day and what island you're on so you may wanna refer to serebii's daily events for the list. They don't register to the pokedex till national, but you can still get the island scan pokemon early in the game. I used tips & tricks video from a youtuber named abdallahsmash to scan QR codes. you can scan QR codes 10 times per day and then once you get 100 scan points, you can do a island scan.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that pyukumuku is one of the useless pokemon that can't attack other than support and counter moves. My friend told me that there has been discussion about pyukumuku right now.

anyway I heard that pokerus is becoming more quite common in this gen, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Someone said that She also noticed a streamer that She watched also got it early in the story.

but the question about pokerus to anyone else who has the feeling about it: Does anyone feel like pokerus is much more common in gen 7?

4 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I'm starting to think that pyukumuku is one of the useless pokemon that can't attack other than support and counter moves. My friend told me that there has been discussion about pyukumuku right now.

anyway I heard that pokerus is becoming more quite common in this gen, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Someone said that She also noticed a streamer that She watched also got it early in the story.

but the question about pokerus to anyone else who has the feeling about it: Does anyone feel like pokerus is much more common in gen 7?

I guess Pyukumuku is only good  when battling in a team with other Pokemon since its role is that of a tanker/protector with very high defense.

15 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I haven't seen any Pokerus. I don't think I've ever seen Pokerus outside of that one time I got traded a Pokemon who already had it, though, so I could just be missing it somehow.

As for Pyukumuku... I haven't actually seen one. I rarely fish for Pokemon (I have Araquanid for all my death-by-water needs... and to a lesser extent my death-by-bug needs), and even then I don't think they're all that common (I don't even know where to find them. Same with Mareanie and Dhelmise, and I'd actually like to catch that first one). Still, from what I've read... It literally has no attacking moves. I just... Why? Still, it's built to support and has Counter and presumably a good support moveset, so hopefully it works for that. And it has Innards Out to give it a parting shot if you kill it, so... um... there's that? I really don't know what to make of Pyukumuku.

Except that it's cute. And it looks kinda squishy to me, for some reason.

On another note, I'm busy grinding my team up to not get horribly mangled by the Elite 4 (I haven't even attempted it yet, made a last-minute substitution of Lurantis for Tsareena, gave Pikachu Electro Ball via Move Reminder and had her become a Raichu so I could sub 'er in for Magnezone, and added a Midday-Lycanroc to my team when I caught one of those, then had to go grind up the latecomers, then finally caught a Jangmo-O and raised it up to Kommo-O at the same time, and now I'm trying to get Raichu, Lurantis and Kommo-O up to a proper level to face the Elite 4...). Anyone know any good spots to grind past level 50?

Well Pyukumuku is like a mini version of wobbuffet minus the ability. I did hear that pyukumuku is only good for poison stalling.

Elite 4 isn't that bad. I was way too prepared and my time was like around 50+ except for my rowlet and umbreon.

One of my friends was raging at the SoS Battle and I said that it suppose to be good for EV training and finding shiny and/or HA pokemon. The reason is that the more you chain the pokemon, the chance that you'll get a HA and/or shiny pokemon so I told my friend not to rage at SoS battles because it's good that way and not to mention the grinding too.

I've never gotten PokeRus in any of the Pokemon games I've played.

EVER.

I think that should answer your question.

However I've obviously yet to play Sun yet.

I pulled off too many close calls now no matter how many times I re-supply and not to mention getting myself out of the desperate situations in sun & moon. It seems that i haven't been grinding my whole team without the exp. share on since the challenge was not to use exp. share unless needed.

4 hours ago, Ribbon said:

So, Magearna's out today, for anyone who's beaten the main story (so, not me, yet).

Here's a link to where I found the QR Code (didn't see it on the Pokemon website, so the link's to IGN. Hopefully it gives you Magearna like I think the site said it did).

http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon/Event_Pokemon#Magearna

It's also on official pokemon site and serebii as well. I got the timid Magerna anyway, but I got lucky on that nature.

I need help evolving one of the pokemon, but the thing is that I need it evolved in pokemon moon if anyone here has it and may be able to assist.

43 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

It's also on official pokemon site and serebii as well. I got the timid Magerna anyway, but I got lucky on that nature.

I need help evolving one of the pokemon, but the thing is that I need it evolved in pokemon moon if anyone here has it and may be able to assist.

I have Moon and may be able to assist. Which Pokemon do you need help with?

Also, I finished wrecking the Elite 4 right now (took a while 'cause I had to grind up Raichu, and also Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was announced and it has Mega Man X and I got distracted by hype), in case you need me to be able to do post-game stuff for whichever Pokemon needs evolving. Spoilers (and bragging) below:

My team for this gauntlet is Raichu, Tsareena, Nebby (Lunala), Incineroar, Araquanid, and Mimikyu.

First I had Hala get wrecked by Nebby, who didn't even get touched for most of the fight. Brought in Mimikyu to finish. Nothing to write home about, really. I dunno who his Z-Move user was, though I'm sure he had one since Olivia did.

Then, Olivia. She actually gave me some trouble, since my spider nuke (Araquanid) had a Rock-type weakness I wasn't aware of, but Tsareena crushed most of the mons, and Incineroar beat down Probopass for the win. This is more what I was expecting from an Elite 4 match. Take notes, Hala. Her Z-Move user was Midnight Lycanroc (who rocked Araquanid to death). Wonder if that's Midday Lycanroc in Sun version.

Then Nan-no, hang on, Acerola's here. Guess Nanu refused. Kinda wasn't expecting that, but no matter.

Knowledge of type weaknesses, and Incineroar and Araquanid being a bit overleveled thanks to Raichu, made sure cute ghost girl wasn't too tough (got a bit worried when Palossand got to +6 Defense, but Araquanid still 2-shotted with Liquidation). Mimikyu came in for the finish on Drifblim, since Incineroar was getting low on HP from all the Flare Blitzing he was doing. Could've been challenging, theoretically. Dunno who her Z-Move user was either.

Finally... Hey I've never seen you before

Why is there a golfer in my Elite 4

Okay, so! There's a Flying-type golfer in the Elite 4 now. Because I guess Kukui didn't get the news that Poni has a Kahuna now. Although she's an Island Challenge champion too, and apparently she's traveled the world, so... maybe she'll be a challenge? Especially since I don't really have much for Flying-types (Raichu, mostly, though Nebby has Ice Beam, and I can try Mimikyu and Incineroar if I get desparate).

So we start with Skarmory getting frozen by Nebby's Ice Beam... and immediately thawing. I rarely see Frozen status to begin with, but to just let it go like that... that sucks. Still, Nebby two-shotted, barely took damage. Had to switch in Raichu to deal with Mandibuzz before it got to move (which... not quite, and then Raichu got confused, albiet via Flatter, so she got stronger from it, and two-shotted with Electro Balls anyway and leveled up), then switched to Nebby to cure Raichu's confusion... and immediately Nebby gets confused by Oricorio's Teeter Dance. And responds with Moongeist Beam for the one-shot, but still. Switched in Mimikyu to cure Nebby's confusion and tank a weird-looking (you'll understand when you see it) Z-Move from Toucannon (thank you Disguise) and two-shot with Play Rough. Switched Nebby back in to take out Crobat with Ice Beam.

You were definitely more of a challenge than your comrades, Elite 4 Golfer Lady Kahili.

And now, the moment I've all been waiting for... the champion is... after running up some stairs...

Nobody? Seriously, it's just an empty throne room. Eh, might as well sit in the chair until the champ arrives and-

Hey, Professor Kukui's here! Wonder if he's here to fight the cham-

Hang on a sec

Hang on a sec

I'M THE POKEMON LEAGUE CHAMPION!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Actually, never mind, I'm not actually champion yet. I have to battle one more guy. Let's see who it is now...

Wait

No

Professor Kukui is the final trainer... Does that mean he's the champion? I honestly don't know. Still, it's final battle time!

Hey, Kukui has a wedding ring on his fist-bumping hand.

Kukui starts with Midday Lycanroc. I lead with Tsareena. Stone Edge comes close to offing the mangosteen queen, but she Trop Kicks the dog out and gains a level.

Kukui sends in Braviary. I switch Tsareena the fuck outta that shit, and put in Nebby. Ice Beam hurts birds a lot, but the eagle still manages a Tailwind > Brave Bird combo before falling to the cold rays and surrendering a level to Nebby.

Kukui sends in Snorlax, something I honestly didn't expect. I also notice now that Kukui has a full team, which I've been waiting this whole game to see. I decide to try my luck with Mimikyu, since why not, yeah? After boosting to +2, I let a Play Rough rip, and... that's most of Snorlax's life gone. And Kukui's Tailwind is gone just in time for Mimikyu to finish Snorlax and recover with Leech Life, and gain a level on top of that (Kukui's being so generous about giving my team levels right now).

Kukui sends in Magnezone, and I can't keep Disguiseless Mimikyu in on that, so Incineroar comes in. Almost manage a 1-shot with Flare Blitz, but Sturdy keeps Magnezone alive long enough to paralyze, and...

Ah, shit. Kukui withdrew Magnezone and pulled out... Primarina! Hey, I was wondering where the starter stronger than mine went! After a Flare Blitz takes Primarina to half HP, I panic-switch Incineroar outta that shit and sub in Nebby, hoping that my ghost-moon-bat-thing can survive a Z-Move. And it can, albeit barely. Doesn't survive the Aqua Jet follow-up, but oh well. Araquanid comes in, prevents Primarina from running away with Infestation, and recovers a bit with Leech Life. I use a Hyper Potion since Leech Life isn't gonna give my spider nuke enough recovery to outlast Primarina, but Kukui uses a Full Restore on that turn, so it evens out. Primarina keeps lowering Araquanid's Special Attack with Moonblasts, which doesn't matter because Araquanid doesn't have special attacks, only DEATH BY LIQUIDATION and other utility moves. Speaking of DEATH BY LIQUIDATION, that's what happens to Primarina.

Kukui puts Magnezone back in, so I have Tsareena pop out to Aromatherapy Incineroar's Paralysis away while Kukui restores Magnezone's HP. After that, the mangosteen queen U-Turns outta there and switches out to Araquanid, who survives a Flash Cannon somehow, letting me use the next turn to sacrifice him to use a Max Revive to bring Nebby back. Then Incineroar comes in, and there's no Sturdy to save Magnezone this time, so Flare Blitz 1-shots.

Kukui sends in his last Pokemon, Alolan Ninetales. I'd let Incineroar finish this, but he's not doin' so hot after all the Flare Blitzing he's been doing, so I switch in Nebby. Ninetales opens with Safeguard, and I try to give Raichu the finish, but repeated Blizzards and Ninetales being faster means that didn't work out. Back to Nebby, who stalls while I revive Raichu and Araquanid, then finishes with Moongeist Beam.

Now I'm the champion. For real this time. And Kukui seems cool with it!

All in all, this wasn't the hardest Elite 4, but the champion battle was definitely tricky.