Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

I have Moon and may be able to assist. Which Pokemon do you need help with?

 

Also, I finished wrecking the Elite 4 right now (took a while 'cause I had to grind up Raichu, and also Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was announced and it has Mega Man X and I got distracted by hype), in case you need me to be able to do post-game stuff for whichever Pokemon needs evolving. Spoilers (and bragging) below:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

My team for this gauntlet is Raichu, Tsareena, Nebby (Lunala), Incineroar, Araquanid, and Mimikyu.

First I had Hala get wrecked by Nebby, who didn't even get touched for most of the fight. Brought in Mimikyu to finish. Nothing to write home about, really. I dunno who his Z-Move user was, though I'm sure he had one since Olivia did.

Then, Olivia. She actually gave me some trouble, since my spider nuke (Araquanid) had a Rock-type weakness I wasn't aware of, but Tsareena crushed most of the mons, and Incineroar beat down Probopass for the win. This is more what I was expecting from an Elite 4 match. Take notes, Hala. Her Z-Move user was Midnight Lycanroc (who rocked Araquanid to death). Wonder if that's Midday Lycanroc in Sun version.

Then Nan-no, hang on, Acerola's here. Guess Nanu refused. Kinda wasn't expecting that, but no matter.

Knowledge of type weaknesses, and Incineroar and Araquanid being a bit overleveled thanks to Raichu, made sure cute ghost girl wasn't too tough (got a bit worried when Palossand got to +6 Defense, but Araquanid still 2-shotted with Liquidation). Mimikyu came in for the finish on Drifblim, since Incineroar was getting low on HP from all the Flare Blitzing he was doing. Could've been challenging, theoretically. Dunno who her Z-Move user was either.

Finally... Hey I've never seen you before

Why is there a golfer in my Elite 4

Okay, so! There's a Flying-type golfer in the Elite 4 now. Because I guess Kukui didn't get the news that Poni has a Kahuna now. Although she's an Island Challenge champion too, and apparently she's traveled the world, so... maybe she'll be a challenge? Especially since I don't really have much for Flying-types (Raichu, mostly, though Nebby has Ice Beam, and I can try Mimikyu and Incineroar if I get desparate).

So we start with Skarmory getting frozen by Nebby's Ice Beam... and immediately thawing. I rarely see Frozen status to begin with, but to just let it go like that... that sucks. Still, Nebby two-shotted, barely took damage. Had to switch in Raichu to deal with Mandibuzz before it got to move (which... not quite, and then Raichu got confused, albiet via Flatter, so she got stronger from it, and two-shotted with Electro Balls anyway and leveled up), then switched to Nebby to cure Raichu's confusion... and immediately Nebby gets confused by Oricorio's Teeter Dance. And responds with Moongeist Beam for the one-shot, but still. Switched in Mimikyu to cure Nebby's confusion and tank a weird-looking (you'll understand when you see it) Z-Move from Toucannon (thank you Disguise) and two-shot with Play Rough. Switched Nebby back in to take out Crobat with Ice Beam.

You were definitely more of a challenge than your comrades, Elite 4 Golfer Lady Kahili.

And now, the moment I've all been waiting for... the champion is... after running up some stairs...

Nobody? Seriously, it's just an empty throne room. Eh, might as well sit in the chair until the champ arrives and-

Hey, Professor Kukui's here! Wonder if he's here to fight the cham-

Hang on a sec

Hang on a sec

I'M THE POKEMON LEAGUE CHAMPION!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Actually, never mind, I'm not actually champion yet. I have to battle one more guy. Let's see who it is now...

Wait

No

Professor Kukui is the final trainer... Does that mean he's the champion? I honestly don't know. Still, it's final battle time!

Hey, Kukui has a wedding ring on his fist-bumping hand.

Kukui starts with Midday Lycanroc. I lead with Tsareena. Stone Edge comes close to offing the mangosteen queen, but she Trop Kicks the dog out and gains a level.

Kukui sends in Braviary. I switch Tsareena the fuck outta that shit, and put in Nebby. Ice Beam hurts birds a lot, but the eagle still manages a Tailwind > Brave Bird combo before falling to the cold rays and surrendering a level to Nebby.

Kukui sends in Snorlax, something I honestly didn't expect. I also notice now that Kukui has a full team, which I've been waiting this whole game to see. I decide to try my luck with Mimikyu, since why not, yeah? After boosting to +2, I let a Play Rough rip, and... that's most of Snorlax's life gone. And Kukui's Tailwind is gone just in time for Mimikyu to finish Snorlax and recover with Leech Life, and gain a level on top of that (Kukui's being so generous about giving my team levels right now).

Kukui sends in Magnezone, and I can't keep Disguiseless Mimikyu in on that, so Incineroar comes in. Almost manage a 1-shot with Flare Blitz, but Sturdy keeps Magnezone alive long enough to paralyze, and...

Ah, shit. Kukui withdrew Magnezone and pulled out... Primarina! Hey, I was wondering where the starter stronger than mine went! After a Flare Blitz takes Primarina to half HP, I panic-switch Incineroar outta that shit and sub in Nebby, hoping that my ghost-moon-bat-thing can survive a Z-Move. And it can, albeit barely. Doesn't survive the Aqua Jet follow-up, but oh well. Araquanid comes in, prevents Primarina from running away with Infestation, and recovers a bit with Leech Life. I use a Hyper Potion since Leech Life isn't gonna give my spider nuke enough recovery to outlast Primarina, but Kukui uses a Full Restore on that turn, so it evens out. Primarina keeps lowering Araquanid's Special Attack with Moonblasts, which doesn't matter because Araquanid doesn't have special attacks, only DEATH BY LIQUIDATION and other utility moves. Speaking of DEATH BY LIQUIDATION, that's what happens to Primarina.

Kukui puts Magnezone back in, so I have Tsareena pop out to Aromatherapy Incineroar's Paralysis away while Kukui restores Magnezone's HP. After that, the mangosteen queen U-Turns outta there and switches out to Araquanid, who survives a Flash Cannon somehow, letting me use the next turn to sacrifice him to use a Max Revive to bring Nebby back. Then Incineroar comes in, and there's no Sturdy to save Magnezone this time, so Flare Blitz 1-shots.

Kukui sends in his last Pokemon, Alolan Ninetales. I'd let Incineroar finish this, but he's not doin' so hot after all the Flare Blitzing he's been doing, so I switch in Nebby. Ninetales opens with Safeguard, and I try to give Raichu the finish, but repeated Blizzards and Ninetales being faster means that didn't work out. Back to Nebby, who stalls while I revive Raichu and Araquanid, then finishes with Moongeist Beam.

Now I'm the champion. For real this time. And Kukui seems cool with it!

All in all, this wasn't the hardest Elite 4, but the champion battle was definitely tricky.

 

 

I need my cosmoem to evolve into Lunala in the Moon version. It's close to its next level, but I rather not Evolve it into Solgaleo. I can help evolve yours into Solgaleo in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I need my cosmoem to evolve into Lunala in the Moon version. It's close to its next level, but I rather not Evolve it into Solgaleo. I can help evolve yours into Solgaleo in return.

I... don't have a Cosmoem. Or a Cosmog, actually. Where do you get one of those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ribbon said:

I... don't have a Cosmoem. Or a Cosmog, actually. Where do you get one of those?

Gotta be in post-game for that and need to have Lunala with you. You have to go back to the altar of moone to go to the altenate world however you can only access the alternate world if it's 6PM PST/EST/CST and/or depending on your region time and then you go to the lake of the sunne and you'll find cosmog there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KirbyFluttershy said:

Gotta be in post-game for that and need to have Lunala with you. You have to go back to the altar of moone to go to the altenate world however you can only access the alternate world if it's 6PM PST/EST/CST and/or depending on your region time and then you go to the lake of the sunne and you'll find cosmog there.

Oh. I was wondering what that thing was for. I'll get that Cosmog tomorrow (well, later today, really). Thanks for the tip, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ribbon said:

Oh. I was wondering what that thing was for. I'll get that Cosmog tomorrow (well, later today, really). Thanks for the tip, mate.

Well you have to use the exp. share and have your cosmog to evolve into cosmoem and then stop it at level 52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was ordering roti canai takeout from my favourite mamak restaurant when this yellow wonder appeared on their cutting table! My 1st Jolteon - and it's a Sabahan!
jolteon___20161205_by_k4nk4n-daqr9zp.png
Snapshot taken from Pokemon GO.
Pokemon GO (c) Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo and Niantic, Inc
K4nK4nMahadi (c) me / K4nK4n on deviantART

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I never thought that Battle Royal and Battle Tree would be that tricky to do except that what I didn't know is that I can use the tapus and UBs in these battles.

Wait, you can use the Tapus in Battle Royale/Tree battles? And the UBs?

Glad I added Pheromosa to my team then.

 

On a related note, I need to go grab the Tapus, since I finished the Ultra Beast sidequest. I'll be able to get Tapu Koko even if I KO'd it the first go-around, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Serebii does say "If defeated, it can re-appear after defeating the Elite Four" so you should be good.

I also heard that synchronize pokemon can get you the pokemon of the nature you want other than getting it from the wild. I do believe it also works with the pokemon you received via gift pokemon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2016 at 10:39 PM, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well Serebii does say "If defeated, it can re-appear after defeating the Elite Four" so you should be good.

I also heard that synchronize pokemon can get you the pokemon of the nature you want other than getting it from the wild. I do believe it also works with the pokemon you received via gift pokemon.

Glad to hear that.

Also, didn't know that about Synchronize. I got lucky with Magearna, but that'll be good to know for when I go after the Tapus again.

 

On an unrelated note, I've been trying to get through the Battle Tree lately, and I can't seem to go beyond 5 wins. My usable Pokemon are Araquanid, Tsareena, Mimikyu, Incineroar, Bewear, and all the Ultra Beasts except Kartana. Anyone got any tips for Battle Tree success?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Glad to hear that.

Also, didn't know that about Synchronize. I got lucky with Magearna, but that'll be good to know for when I go after the Tapus again.

 

On an unrelated note, I've been trying to get through the Battle Tree lately, and I can't seem to go beyond 5 wins. My usable Pokemon are Araquanid, Tsareena, Mimikyu, Incineroar, Bewear, and all the Ultra Beasts except Kartana. Anyone got any tips for Battle Tree success?

Normally Using umbreon would be your best bet for walls also Toxapex as well. I used Greninja, Primarina, Umbreon, and Ninetales for double battles. You can still use the tapus and UBs if you want, but I do highly recommend having umbreon and toxapex for poison and supporting needs.

Anyway I got my 1st shiny pokemon in sun & moon and this time i got the shiny golduck. I encountered this shiny pokemon when i was grinding my pokemon for evolution to complete my pokedex so I found the shiny golduck in poni gauntlet right in front of the battle tree

For those of you guys that are trying to get HA pokemon, looking for wild hold items, and problems with steel & ghost types, here's some tips that I know

If you're looking for evolution items like Metal Coat and King's Rock, You may wanna use gothitelle with frisk ability and thief. If you're looking for metal coat, You may wanna target magnemite since you'll find most of them at the trainer school. For King's Rock, I would say hariyama would be your best bet for this one. You may want to do an SoS battles when you're getting these items.

If you're having problems catching ghost and steel types, I would suggest using the tapus for nature's madness / Guardian of Alola since false swipe doesn't work on ghost types and reduced damage on Steel Types (unless X-Attack or sword dance is applied). Nature's Guardian makes it useful enough to be a alternative way to reduce HP to 1 instead of false swipe.

For Finding HA pokemon, Well there's a way to tell, but certain abilities are easy to identify without trace such as weather-based abilities like Cloud Nine, Snow Warning, Sand Stream, Drought, and Drizzle. If HA eevee which it has anticipation, I would recommend bringing a fighting-type pokemon, but I recommend using Lucario with aura sphere for this since Eevee uses sand-attack however at the cost of getting a HA female eevee by using a male pokemon with cute charm ability. If other HA pokemon, you'll need trace such as Porygon for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Normally Using umbreon would be your best bet for walls also Toxapex as well. I used Greninja, Primarina, Umbreon, and Ninetales for double battles. You can still use the tapus and UBs if you want, but I do highly recommend having umbreon and toxapex for poison and supporting needs.

Anyway I got my 1st shiny pokemon in sun & moon and this time i got the shiny golduck. I encountered this shiny pokemon when i was grinding my pokemon for evolution to complete my pokedex so I found the shiny golduck in poni gauntlet right in front of the battle tree

For those of you guys that are trying to get HA pokemon, looking for wild hold items, and problems with steel & ghost types, here's some tips that I know

If you're looking for evolution items like Metal Coat and King's Rock, You may wanna use gothitelle with frisk ability and thief. If you're looking for metal coat, You may wanna target magnemite since you'll find most of them at the trainer school. For King's Rock, I would say hariyama would be your best bet for this one. You may want to do an SoS battles when you're getting these items.

If you're having problems catching ghost and steel types, I would suggest using the tapus for nature's madness / Guardian of Alola since false swipe doesn't work on ghost types and reduced damage on Steel Types (unless X-Attack or sword dance is applied). Nature's Guardian makes it useful enough to be a alternative way to reduce HP to 1 instead of false swipe.

For Finding HA pokemon, Well there's a way to tell, but certain abilities are easy to identify without trace such as weather-based abilities like Cloud Nine, Snow Warning, Sand Stream, Drought, and Drizzle. If HA eevee which it has anticipation, I would recommend bringing a fighting-type pokemon, but I recommend using Lucario with aura sphere for this since Eevee uses sand-attack however at the cost of getting a HA female eevee by using a male pokemon with cute charm ability. If other HA pokemon, you'll need trace such as Porygon for the job.

I've been using Nihilego/Buzzwole/3rd Pokemon. Got to 12 wins once, usually just get wrecked early tho. Gonna try Toxapex (which I just evolved) and an Eeveelution (once I decide which one I want, prolly gonna go with Sylveon tho) with Buzzwole at some point.

Also, where did you get Greninja? Or Toxapex? I didn't go fishing often, but I still dunno where I'd find Toxapex? Is it really rare or something?

 

Only held items I want at the moment are Black Sludge (for Toxapex, since I just got a Mareanie off GTS) and Leftovers. Not sure where those are (I read Leftovers can be found on Munchlaxes on Route 1, but I was there for an hour and didn't find any, so I dunno if that's true or not).

I'm actually having more of a problem catching the Tapus, haha. Koko just won't stay in the damn Ultra Ball, even though I blew through about 15 on my last attempt.

 

On an unrelated note, I wish Eevium Z worked with the Eeveelutions, and not just Eevee. Maybe it'd be a bit too good, I dunno, but I'd like it. It'd definitely help Flareon, at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

I've been using Nihilego/Buzzwole/3rd Pokemon. Got to 12 wins once, usually just get wrecked early tho. Gonna try Toxapex (which I just evolved) and an Eeveelution (once I decide which one I want, prolly gonna go with Sylveon tho) with Buzzwole at some point.

Also, where did you get Greninja? Or Toxapex? I didn't go fishing often, but I still dunno where I'd find Toxapex? Is it really rare or something?

 

Only held items I want at the moment are Black Sludge (for Toxapex, since I just got a Mareanie off GTS) and Leftovers. Not sure where those are (I read Leftovers can be found on Munchlaxes on Route 1, but I was there for an hour and didn't find any, so I dunno if that's true or not).

I'm actually having more of a problem catching the Tapus, haha. Koko just won't stay in the damn Ultra Ball, even though I blew through about 15 on my last attempt.

 

On an unrelated note, I wish Eevium Z worked with the Eeveelutions, and not just Eevee. Maybe it'd be a bit too good, I dunno, but I'd like it. It'd definitely help Flareon, at the very least.

Toxapex is the evolved form of mareanie. I may suggest using sassy or relaxed nature for toxapex. Black Sludge works on toxapex if you're planning on using leftovers on umbreon.

if you're having trouble with catching tapu koko, you should bring a sleeper and a false swiper since tapu koko is a electric & fairy type, I may suggest using Lurantis as your false swiper. Don't use sleep-inducing move when electric terrain is in effect so you may wanna wait for it wear off.

I got greninja off from a demo which it has battle bond and allows it to transform into ash-greninja.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Toxapex is the evolved form of mareanie. I may suggest using sassy or relaxed nature for toxapex. Black Sludge works on toxapex if you're planning on using leftovers on umbreon.

if you're having trouble with catching tapu koko, you should bring a sleeper and a false swiper since tapu koko is a electric & fairy type, I may suggest using Lurantis as your false swiper. Don't use sleep-inducing move when electric terrain is in effect so you may wanna wait for it wear off.

I got greninja off from a demo which it has battle bond and allows it to transform into ash-greninja.

Ah, I just got Mareanie to evolve. Glad I got a female off the GTS, now I can just hatch eggs until I get what I want.

Lurantis... I was just re-adding mine to my team, actually. I could go for that approach... Now I just need a sleeper. Would Comfey work? Because I'm gonna go catch one of those tomorrow.

Oh right, I completely forgot about demo Greninja. Can you breed with demo Greninja (presumably with a Ditto)? And do the Froakies you get also have Battle Bond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Ah, I just got Mareanie to evolve. Glad I got a female off the GTS, now I can just hatch eggs until I get what I want.

Lurantis... I was just re-adding mine to my team, actually. I could go for that approach... Now I just need a sleeper. Would Comfey work? Because I'm gonna go catch one of those tomorrow.

Oh right, I completely forgot about demo Greninja. Can you breed with demo Greninja (presumably with a Ditto)? And do the Froakies you get also have Battle Bond?

Well There are grass-type pokemon that are immune to sleep powder so you may wanna go with hypno as your sleeper. As for breeding ash-greninja, It doesn't work that way. I read on serebii about that.

I may be suggesting go with merciless Toxapex to take advantage of the critical rate and poison status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

It'll have been one month since Sun/Moon came out this Sunday.

So I'll check GameFAQs and see if the walkthrough is still being updated or not.

If not I'll print it out and begin playing it after I'm done with Spirit of Justice.

If it's still being updated... I guess I'll have to wait another month... :kdR94:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostSanity said:

So...

It'll have been one month since Sun/Moon came out this Sunday.

So I'll check GameFAQs and see if the walkthrough is still being updated or not.

If not I'll print it out and begin playing it after I'm done with Spirit of Justice.

If it's still being updated... I guess I'll have to wait another month... :kdR94:

Dude! The game is pretty much straightforward. You don't need gamefaqs walkthrough for pokemon games if they're straightforward games. If it's 1 site that has the guide, it's serebii. Everyone else doesn't need gamefaqs and the guidebook for the pokemon games for their playthroughs. That's why Serebii has everything you need other than gamefaqs. That's why I used serebii as my guide. If Pokemon QR codes, then I look elsewhere for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2016 at 7:21 PM, KirbyFluttershy said:

Dude! The game is pretty much straightforward. You don't need gamefaqs walkthrough for pokemon games if they're straightforward games. If it's 1 site that has the guide, it's serebii. Everyone else doesn't need gamefaqs and the guidebook for the pokemon games for their playthroughs. That's why Serebii has everything you need other than gamefaqs. That's why I used serebii as my guide. If Pokemon QR codes, then I look elsewhere for them.

Sorry but I'm not risking getting lost or not knowing the best strategy for possibly difficult battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

Sorry but I'm not risking getting lost or not knowing the best strategy for possibly difficult battles.

Actually there's a particular reason why we use serebii as our guide. It has everything what gamefaqs has to offer and about "getting lost" part, that's what the map is for. Apparently there's a destination set on your mini-map so you don't have to get lost. As Usual if there's a path blocked, you gotta find another way to your destination. The Destination is marked with a flag on your map which is where you suppose to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Applestack said:

You got... Santachu? Never seen that before (then again I stopped playing Pokemon GO months ago...). Was this in the last update?

Still, that's neat, mate. Can you evolve it? And if you do, will Raichu keep the hat?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... I checked GameFAQs today.

I also checked the walkthrough that was complete.

It seemed pretty 'complete' to me. The only thing really 'missing' was new areas that you unlock after you beat the game. I don't tend to play Pokemon games in post-game stuff so I honestly don't care about stuff like that.

So I'll be printing that walkthrough and possibly starting Pokemon Sun once I'm done with Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said you don't need gamefaqs and walkthrough guides for pokemon games. The game is straightforward and with the new map changes, it's impossible to get lost in the game and serebii has everything you need than what gamefaqs has to offer. Nothing else. The reason why the map changed is that There's a destination set on your map which is marked as red flag icon. I don't see anyone else here use gamefaqs as their guide except you. We use serebii as our guide to everything.

Anyway, I may need help completing my dex. It's just that I need moon exclusive UBs if anyone can help and assist me with them which our pheromosa and celesteela. I don't mind either a touch trade or perma trade the extras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2016 at 3:51 AM, Ribbon said:

You got... Santachu? Never seen that before (then again I stopped playing Pokemon GO months ago...). Was this in the last update?

Still, that's neat, mate. Can you evolve it? And if you do, will Raichu keep the hat?

It's for a special Christmas event, only available during this time. Not sure if its evolved Raichu form will keep its hat, though, and I already have a Raichu so I'm not to keen on evolving this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

I've officially started Pokemon Sun since I completed Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice.

To be honest... it's actually... pretty fun so far. :happy_twi:

Here's who I chose as my starter:

250px-722Rowlet.png

 

Why?

1. Because it's too freaking adorable.

2. Because owls are BEST.

 

Either way... DON'T WORRY ASH-GRENINJA. I'LL SAVE YOU FROM THAT JERK THAT THINKS IT'S BIG BROTHER (Zygarde)

:anger:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now