Lord Seraph

Pokemon Thread

So...

I caught Solgaleo on my FIRST try with ONE Ultra Ball.

Yeah... I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how I did that...

:applejackhate:

So...

What do I use the Master Ball on?

Suggestions are more than welcome because I have no ideas whatsoever.

Solgaleo has an unusual high catch rate (45 when legendaries usually have 3), the same as Pelipper. Xerneas was also the same way in X/Y so yes, the game literaly gave it to you. If you want something for your master ball, go hunt Necrozma.

7 hours ago, LostSanity said:

So...

I caught Solgaleo on my FIRST try with ONE Ultra Ball.

Yeah... I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how I did that...

:applejackhate:

So...

What do I use the Master Ball on?

Suggestions are more than welcome because I have no ideas whatsoever.

Always use the master ball on a pokemon that's difficult to catch or as i would say hard-to-catch pokemon.

Anyway I'm starting to think that things are becoming quite unfair in pokemon duel right now. Well Take League matches for starters, Gabite's Sand veil can be annoying and it's hard to take it out if your opponent isn't gonna battle it and forces you to keep moving it. The other 2 annoying pokemon to get rid of is Wobbuffet and Defense Deoxys and the only way to get rid of these 2 pokemon is to surround them. The other what annoys people the most are fly away, soaring, and infiltrator related abilities..

*sighs*

I'm officially done with Sun. The Ultra Beast missions are ridiculous. The game is expecting me to actually CATCH them. Why can't I just kill them? :applebelch:

I'm not going through all that.

So I'm done.

Here are my overall thoughts on Pokemon Sun:

I'll admit this game was more fun than I thought it would be. However, the trials got old fairly quickly. Plus, this game became quite ridiculous very quickly. Going into 'harder-than-it-should-have-been' territory. My pokemon fainted WAY to much. The new Pokemon aren't that great either. I really didn't like any of them for the most part.

The story was pretty good though. I'll at least admit that.

Either way... it was an okay game. Not bad but not good either.

7/10.

Just now, LostSanity said:

*sighs*

I'm officially done with Sun. The Ultra Beast missions are ridiculous. The game is expecting me to actually CATCH them. Why can't I just kill them? :applebelch:

I'm not going through all that.

So I'm done.

Here are my overall thoughts on Pokemon Sun:

I'll admit this game was more fun than I thought it would. However, the trials got old fairly quickly. Plus, this game became quite ridiculous very quickly. Going into 'harder-than-it-should-have-been' territory. My pokemon fainted WAY to much. The new Pokemon aren't that great either. I really didn't like any of them for the most part.

The story was pretty good though. I'll at least admit that.

Either way... it was an okay game. Not bad but not good either.

7/10.

Apparently you're forced to catch the UBs. Killing them will get you exp, but will continue to respawn till caught. That's how it works so don't expect to rush the game.

I think the league and gym matches needs to start being fair right now because most people are trying to rank up and what's more annoying is dealing with R and EX figures. They should've just limit the R and EX figures to 2 figures per deck (such as 2 R and 2 EX figures) for league and gym matches in pokemon duel..

2 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Apparently you're forced to catch the UBs. Killing them will get you exp, but will continue to respawn till caught. That's how it works so don't expect to rush the game.

Which is annoying and I'm not going through that which is why I decided to just stop and end the game there.

Well according to your "harder-than-it-should-have-been territory" part on your last post, you should've taken the challenge as I did such as no exp share. no exp boost except getting sylveon as an exception, and don't evolve your starter pokemon which is optional of course. To fully enjoy the pokemon games, just don't use exp. share and exp. boost perk at all as I do.

A lot of people don't find that annoying. In certain parts of the pokemon games, you're forced to continue the story of the game and post-game story such as catching the UBs which is forces you to catch them in order to get necrozma in Sun / Moon

Just like pokemon mystery dungeon, if you're at the point of no return and can't restock your items, you're forced to continue the story of the game, but with the exception of pokemon super mystery dungeon, you can re-stock your items at pelipper island.

19 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well according to your "harder-than-it-should-have-been territory" part on your last post, you should've taken the challenge as I did such as no exp share. no exp boost except getting sylveon as an exception, and don't evolve your starter pokemon which is optional of course. To fully enjoy the pokemon games, just don't use exp. share and exp. boost perk at all as I do.

A lot of people don't find that annoying. In certain parts of the pokemon games, you're forced to continue the story of the game and post-game story such as catching the UBs which is forces you to catch them in order to get necrozma in Sun / Moon

Just like pokemon mystery dungeon, if you're at the point of no return and can't restock your items, you're forced to continue the story of the game, but with the exception of pokemon super mystery dungeon, you can re-stock your items at pelipper island.

NO.

I'm just sticking with Pokemon Go for now. Because? More adventures in the real outside world and I get to share them! I'm done with lonely console games.

pokemon_go___gym_battle___20170308_by_k4gym_battle___20170312a_by_k4nk4n-db22pb7gym_battle___20170312b_by_k4nk4n-db22pkzgym_battle___20170312c_by_k4nk4n-db22pu9sudowoodo_at_menumbok___20170312_by_k4nkbetween_menumbok_and_labuan___20170312_bsheng_huang_temple_in_pokemon_go_by_k4nklabuan_in_pokemon_go___20170312_by_k4nk4

I never thought league matches would be this tough in my current rank right now, but Usually the most annoying pokemon to deal with are the ones that have Inflitrator, Gaseous Form, and shadow abilities even though I don't have ralts for that and I have to be lucky to KO shuppet, but usually shuppet's will-o-wisp is annoying to get through unless you have a psyduck to force shuppet to respin. I tend to get lucky with these matches, but usually my opponents may randomly forfeit the match for a couple of reasons which are

1. If you have a hurdle jump active, they may fear that you were gonna win and you got their entry points blocked and/or have a pokemon with 3MP that can reach the goal point and have a little or no chance of getting themselves out of the hole even if you don't have hurdle jump, usually there's a chance of forfeit if you have fly away, rainbow wing, and etc for a chance to execute those moves.

2. Time may run out for them even if they can't make a forfeit on time

and 3. May pull a bad or accidental move if you got your opponents cornered.

I know very little about Pokémon. I used to avoid it like the plague. But I've given it a try and I love it.

Of course, now I have almost no idea how to do stuff.

So, I'm gonna hang out here for a while. If you have any advice, I'll be grateful for the help.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 11:15 AM, Shadow Dash said:

I know very little about Pokémon. I used to avoid it like the plague. But I've given it a try and I love it.

So, I'm gonna hang out here for a while. If you have any advice, I'll be grateful for the help.

Well, I may advice you to take it slow and easy learning more about the franchise. Don't take it all in one breath (or your brain might inflate like Pinkie Pie's head, heheh). I take it you like Fennekin and its evolutions? As for me I'm balancing between playing Pokemon Go and Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. Pokemon Go is better health-wise since it encourages physical, outdoor and social activities. Plus it's fun taking AR snapshots of the wild Pokemon you encounter in real places, like the Chinchou below which I caught in Labuan which was 2-hour ferry ride away from where I live. Adventure~!!

Source: http://k4nk4n.deviantart.com/art/Chinchou-in-Labuan-20170312-669670201

chinchou_in_labuan___20170312_by_k4nk4n-

On 5/30/2017 at 8:15 PM, Shadow Dash said:

Well I have to agree with applestack. If you have a 3DS, you can try the games out by downloading the ORAS and sun / moon demo. These demos will give you some goodies when you buy or download the retail game. There's also R/B/Y, TCG, and Puzzle Challenge that's available for the 3DS VC as well. If you're gonna get X/Y/ORAS, and Sun / Moon, It may be a good idea to get a pokemon bank. The Pokemon Bank helps you transfer pokemon from X/Y/ORAS & R/B/Y > Sun / Moon however they can't be transferred back to the previous gen I believe so make any final preparations before transferring them. There's also pokemon mystery dungeon series as well, but the only demo available is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity. The Demo will give you a head start for the retail game, but you won't be able proceed with the story during demo play after that you can continue the story from the demo in the retail. There's Pokemon shuffle for 3DS, iOS, and Android, and Pokemon Rumble World for 3DS as well however both pokemon shuffle and pokemon rumble world have in-game (or in-app for iOS and android) purchases.

If you have a Wii-u, the pokemon games are available are pokken, Pokemon Rumble U, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Pinball R/S, and Pokemon Puzzle League.

The Apps that are available for the iOS and android other than Pokemon Shuffle are Pokemon Go, Pokemon Duel, and Magikarp Jump. Pokemon Go is made for smartphones only so apparently it's no use for iPad and tablets. Pokemon Duel is ok to play, but you'll be facing tougher opponents as you rank higher and they tend to use R & EX figures and double chance plates a lot. Magikarp Jump, I haven't really played that game yet, but it's been popular talk lately so if you wanna give it a try, go ahead and be my guest.

Note Side on Pokemon Puzzle League and Challenge is that it's like Tetris Attack / Panel De Pon so self-explanatory if you're into those kind of games.

Another pokemon game for 3DS other than pokemon main series, spin-offs, VC, and mobile is also Pokemon Picross, but it's also in-game purchase as well and the other I know in retail download is Pokemon Art Academy which is made for pokemon artists or those that want to be one.

So my advice is this try the games out for once and give it a few mins of gameplay before saying "i hate this" and any other stuff like that. If you have any questions about any other pokemon games, you can ask here.

• Like 1

So... a second game for Alola was confirmed today.

Yet there wasn't a second game for Kalos. No Pokemon Z.

Still no explanation given as to why either.

So my question is simple.

Why the hell are they biased against Kalos?

Don't say they aren't because second games for all regions except for Kalos proves otherwise.

1 hour ago, LostSanity said:

So... a second game for Alola was confirmed today.

Yet there wasn't a second game for Kalos. No Pokemon Z.

Still no explanation given as to why either.

So my question is simple.

Why the hell are they biased against Kalos?

Don't say they aren't because second games for all regions except for Kalos proves otherwise.

You do realize that pokemon Z isn't gonna happen. it's time to move on and get it over with. If they said that pokemon Z isn't gonna be released, it's time for you to accept what they said and buy those words. We did talk about this before back at LoE, but you're still complaining about it. You can't expect the companies make the game. If what they told you about pokemon Z before is true, then it's 100% true. There's no point in complaining about it further.

As I said this before back at LoE that if you already got your answer about pokemon Z so it's not gonna help speed up the process on the release and  If you rush on the release, then the game will be incomplete and unstable till the patch arrives for these bugs & glitches.