Lord Seraph

Is there going to be a basic "Reply" function?

4 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

You just click in the reply box at the bottom. I'm not sure it can get any simpler.

I want to reply to a particular post.

Not the entire thread.

Use the Quote feature to reply to someone in particular. When you do they should receive a notification that you mentioned them. You may also use @username i.e. @Lord Seraph and that should ping an individual as well under their notifications.

4 minutes ago, WeAreBorg said:

Use the Quote feature to reply to someone in particular. When you do they should receive a notification that you mentioned them. You may also use @username i.e. @Lord Seraph and that should ping an individual as well under their notifications.

What i'm getting from this is that he wants to reply to someone's post without it appearing in the thread, which makes absolutely no sense to me

1 minute ago, MoltenKitten said:

What i'm getting from this is that he wants to reply to someone's post without it appearing in the thread, which makes absolutely no sense to me

While I don't recommend @Lord Seraph do that, he could PM the person and copy paste the quote box so the person being PMed could gain context.

7 minutes ago, WeAreBorg said:

What I mean is replying to particular posts without quoting it.

Derpibooru forums has a reply function that links to the post you've replied to

ebb395b95cc841de7aca5c1f06e101f5a76388ac

Just now, WeAreBorg said:

Gotcha. At this time the forum software does not have this feature. I will see about adding a feature request with the creators.

I see.

Thanks.

Sorry if I didn't describe it clearly earlier.

On 8/28/2016 at 3:33 AM, MoltenKitten said:

No he doesn't, he wants an easy way to reply to someone without having to quote a paragraph of text every time to show who you're replying to. Nowhere has he said he doesn't want to comment without it appearing on the thread, i don't know how you jumped to that conclusion.